I've Learned Something New Today

Kirislin

Had an interesting and enlightening conversation with a woman at the park today. She had a tiny 9 week old puppy and she told me it's a "pure Staffy". The way you can tell, and this must be fair dinkum cause the breeder told her, is that pure staffies have 5 moles on their face. When I explained to her that all dogs have 5 moles she didn't care. I showed her on the whippets, the Italian Greyhound and the 2 little mutts I had with me.

I suppose I need to get in touch with Dogs Vic to see about having my dogs papers changed from Whippet to Staffordshire terrier. :p

She also told me that the Iggy I had with me was a miniature Dalmation, bet you never knew there was such a breed did you.

Yes i was thinking the same thing as tassie :) :p :rofl: ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isaak doesn't have any moles and he spends a lot of time in the fishpond, so I have my doubts as to whether he's even a dog let alone an Australian Shepherd....I think he might really be a rare breed of carp.

:p

Well, you know, Staffies are very special! My hairdresser (a new one I hadn't been to before) and I were comparing notes on her new staffie pup and my daughter's old chap and what nice dogs they were, etc., etc. when we got on to the the subject of how they 'talk' alot of the time.

She got very excited and told me that Staffies talk because they are the ONLY breed of dog that has tonsils - her pup's breeder told her so - so they're very special dogs indeed :laugh:

Ahhhhhh DOL...you can always make me chuckle...

Well, you know, Staffies are very special! My hairdresser (a new one I hadn't been to before) and I were comparing notes on her new staffie pup and my daughter's old chap and what nice dogs they were, etc., etc. when we got on to the the subject of how they 'talk' alot of the time.

She got very excited and told me that Staffies talk because they are the ONLY breed of dog that has tonsils - her pup's breeder told her so - so they're very special dogs indeed :laugh:

OMG, thank god for a big belly laugh.

And then another OMG at people's gullibility. Scary scary scary.

I found the missing moles.

So the config on mine is

One in the middle of the triangle under the bottom jaw

One on each side of her face just above her top lip in a vague line between her eye and the first mole.

and

One on each side of the face between her eye and her ear but a little bit lower the straight line between. Those ones were very smooth but the whisker give them away.

I figure they're all about navigation.