I'm Miserable

Loving my Oldies

He has some sort of gastro problem. I took him to the vet this afternoon, but he is still throwing up and so I took him to the emergency centre. Very sensibly, he had a splash of very smelly diarrhoea and threw up the lectade I've been giving him since afternoon vet visit so the vet there was able to see what was going on.

Temp is okay, tummy not sore anymore as it was at the first vet visit and no indications of any blockages. He has lost a bit of weight in the past few weeks.

They have put him on a drip for hydration and will be doing full blood profile and everything necessary to try to establish the reason.

My little man is not well :):provoke:

CynthiaandDannyandTamar.jpg

Edited by Mother Moocher

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear little Danny, please get better for your Mum.

I am so sorry MM, I can understand how dreadful you must feel. Sending you both lots of healing, positve energy.

I hope Danny is home with you and the Moochers very soon.

:):provoke::eek: 's for you both.

P.s Beautiful photo :eek:

Thanks for the good wishes.

I've spoken to the hospital (but not the vet, yet) and he has been a good boy getting lots of cuddles and has been taken out for a little constitutional :) . No sign of pancreatitis, thank god (I know it is very managable, I just didn't want him to have it). I have to check in again this afternoon to see if he can come home, but frankly, I'd rather him be there if that's where he needs to be. Anyway, will find out more this afternoon.

Hope Danny is feeling better and is home soon.

Georgia also had diarrhea last week. Monday morning at 3.30am she was whining to go outside and when i went to let her out she had gone in her bed and it was everywhere. Oh geez it was stinky. I kept an eye on her on Monday but she was fine. No other symptoms and was back to herself. I just gave her rice and chicken broth to eat. As she was okay i just put it down to her eating something she shouldn't have.

Tuesday morning i came home from dropping the kids at school and went to pick up the dog poo and found 3 piles of bloody diarrhea that she had done that morning. Off to the vets and she had a temp and wasn't feeling well.

Thankfully it wasn't anything really bad. And after some medicine was feeling better. She had to take tablets for 5 days but she has been fine since then.

A few other people i have spoken too who live close have said their dogs have had similar problems lately so don't know if it's just coincidence or not.

Hope Danny is feeling better and is home soon.

Georgia also had diarrhea last week. Monday morning at 3.30am she was whining to go outside and when i went to let her out she had gone in her bed and it was everywhere. Oh geez it was stinky. I kept an eye on her on Monday but she was fine. No other symptoms and was back to herself. I just gave her rice and chicken broth to eat. As she was okay i just put it down to her eating something she shouldn't have.

Tuesday morning i came home from dropping the kids at school and went to pick up the dog poo and found 3 piles of bloody diarrhea that she had done that morning. Off to the vets and she had a temp and wasn't feeling well.

Thankfully it wasn't anything really bad. And after some medicine was feeling better. She had to take tablets for 5 days but she has been fine since then.

A few other people i have spoken too who live close have said their dogs have had similar problems lately so don't know if it's just coincidence or not.

Now that would have been very scary :) . Good to know it was short term.

Oh Cyn, how scary for you, poor little Danny :laugh:

Sounds like he is on the improve, sending him lots of healing vibes.

Im watching this post for the good news that he is well enough to come home and indulge himself in some serious Mother Moocher TLC.

Well the vet rang me and it sounds as though it is non specific gastro problem. There has been no occurrence of vomiting or diarhhoea, but of course that could be result of cerenia injection given yesterday afternoon at my normal vet.

She was going to try him on some little cooked chicken breast meat and if he keeps that down, he can come home. :laugh:

Having dogs who believe their main purpose in life is to not let their mother out of their sight, I like to leave them in hospital a little longer than is perhaps necessary, so I'll give him a little longer to stay settled and call to see if he has kept his lunch down; although the vet said if he brought it up she would call me and he would def be staying. No phone call from her so I am hoping that is a positive.

Thank you for all your well wishes to what was a blatant call for sympathy :cheer::cheer::(:o