A Scare On My Walk The Other Morning

Maybe he thought with his fancy car and licence plate bling he could "pick up" and was hoping you were interested and too stupid/stoned to get the message.

I am wondering what would have happened if you made the cashew nut sign with your pinky for "tiny dick" eg the bigger the car (engine) the smaller the cashew nut.

I've done that to guys that were acting predatory - and they left in a hurry.

Interesting, I never thought of that!! It was just the evil stare in his eyes that got to me though, his stare is still in my vision a lot it was just the stare of evil intent! Ew :grouphug:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh what a creepy man. You poor thing, I hope you are feeling ok now.

Thank goodness you had Shyla with you, even if she has not acted aggressive before for someone who doesn't know her she could be seen as intimidating??

I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago.

I was waiting at a bus stop and a car drove slowly by...... But I just knew he was going to turn around and come back.

I was at vermont sth (I used to work at the shopping centre there) and burwood highway is a pretty busy road.

So this idiot went passed me drove down to the first turn , turned back and went past me on the other side of the

road and turned around again so he was now on my side of the road stopped the car at the bus stop and asked me if i wanted

sex :grouphug: (not in those words)

I was shocked !! I was the only person at the bus stop and cars driving by and no one knew what whats going on.

I told him in no uncertain terms where he could go and quickly walked away from the bus stop.

I was quite nervous after that about even catching the bus from there again :D

There are some really sick buggers out there and I'm glad you had Shyla with you . :confused:

Edited by misha&milo

When he first pulled up next to me it was from behind, so the only view he had of me was from behind (and no I wasn't in attractive clothing) it's very strange :grouphug:

Eta if I start walking alone again I am seriously going to wear one of Arons huge man tshirts and put my hair under a hat so I appear to be A MAN

An opportunistic trawler. Probably thought his stare was a come on and for some women or men, who knows, combined with a distinctive car, it might have worked.

As it happened in broad daylight, I wouldn't be too concerned, but keep to streets where there are places, like the milk bar, you can duck into.

If it happens again, dial 000 and when it is answered, look directly at him and say "POLICE please" very very loudly.

Edited by Mother Moocher

I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago.

I was waiting at a bus stop and a car drove slowly by...... But I just knew he was going to turn around and come back.

I was at vermont sth (I used to work at the shopping centre there) and burwood highway is a pretty busy road.

So this idiot went passed me drove down to the first turn , turned back and went past me on the other side of the

road and turned around again so he was now on my side of the road stopped the car at the bus stop and asked me if i wanted

sex :grouphug: (not in those words)

I was shocked !! I was the only person at the bus stop and cars driving by and no one knew what whats going on.

I told him in no uncertain terms where he could go and quickly walked away from the bus stop.

I was quite nervous after that about even catching the bus from there again :D

There are some really sick buggers out there and I'm glad you had Shyla with you . :confused:

Wow your situation was very much like mine!!! I'm surprised this creep didn't say anything he had his window as far down as it could go and was leaning over the passenger seat a bit if you get what I mean, I was waiting for him to say something (in my innocent world he would have asked for directions..)

There is a whole website dedicated to guys who drive around in vans, offer women money to be filmed having sex with them. And there are plenty of women (mostly in the USA) who do it. Unbelievable.

So maybe there are some pea brained men trying to start this up on Oz.

I admit tonight I ran a whole block to get away from a bloke who seemed to be following me. He was coughing a lot but moving suprisingly quickly but I did lose him completely when I ran. I had dog with me - she really enjoyed herself, didn't notice the bloke.

And I've been followed before, it is freaky when you loop back on where you were going ie back track so the direct line you were on, has reversed and reversed again etc - and you know they're following when they're still with you instead of taking the more direct line. That time, I found some people I knew out on the street and told them what was going on and sure enough the guy came right passed us - didn't get much choice at that point unless he wanted it to look really obvious. I don't know what they are thinking but Doris Day movies have much to answer for.

I've done the cashew nut thing at flashers a couple of times. Makes them disappear really quickly. Nothing upsets a bloke more than a girl laughing at his dick.

You poor thing, I know how much it can put you off walking and feeling unsafe.. but you gain confidence back after a few times. Good for you reporting it to the police though.

I had 2 guys in a van who kept going around the block doing the same thing, makes me sick but they gave up in the end. I have a pup so I didn't feel protected.

I cannot stand the odd men who do that and just think they can go up to anyone especially women walking their dogs and have a go. I take something I could use for defense every walk now and will not look twice at using it, or a whistle or something. I refuse to walk at night alone unless my OH is with me..

Gosh, how scary. I would have been wetting my pants! LOL. Thank goodness you had a GSD with you, otherwise who knows what may have happened?

I wonder if there is an update to his behaviour, i.e. did he do the same thing to someone else?

Ewww, hugs to you! Sounds like a creepy experience. Unfortunately scumbags like this guy do exist and it makes a lot of women feel like they can't go out in broad daylight. :D

This is one of the reasons I never go for a walk with iPod headphones in - not being able to hear a car pull up, etc. I'm automatically suspcious of anyone who slows down near me on the road, even if they're just pulling into their own driveway I turn on the death glare. :rofl: I was once approached by a guy wearing a trenchcoat who I suspect may have intended to flash his junk (uck) at me. Luckily my staffy x must have thought something was up because he snarled at the guy once and he went running. :o

Carrying a stick helps ward off weird people as well as stray dogs! And make sure you always have a phone on you, that way you can take down a number plate or call cops. Good stuff. :laugh:

Gosh, how scary. I would have been wetting my pants! LOL. Thank goodness you had a GSD with you, otherwise who knows what may have happened?

I wonder if there is an update to his behaviour, i.e. did he do the same thing to someone else?

I wonder too!! The cops said they'd call if they need to or if anything else arises. I want to know if he has a previous record or not :laugh:

It sounds very scary, Hugs to you!!

:laugh:

But... assuming you live in a housed area and considering you walk in broad daylight, I wouldn't give up your walks.

It sounds like he had ample opportunity to do something, but didnt and you cant live your life being afraid of creeps like that. Dont let them win!!! :rofl:

In future have a plan for if something happens, ie- if there are houses around, keep an eye out for ones that look like someone is home. Have safe "stations" like the milkbar. Like MM said, always have your phone ready to call the police.

You havent see this guy before, you may never again, but being proactive will help you get over your experience.

I have lived in "risky" areas for some years now and I always make sure I am completely aware of my surroundings. Being confident and aware is a deterrent in itself- predators always look for weak targets.

Plus you have Shyla, no-one else knows whether or not she will attack, why would they take the risk?

It cant be guaranteed that nothing will ever happen to you, no matter the precautions you take, but it is very sad to have to live scared. :o

Glad to hear you are safe. There are some strange ones out there aren't there.

If you are still a bit wary, consider buying a fireman's whistle and carry it with you when you are out walking. If you get a nutter like that again, one hoot on that thing should spook him, they're LOUD! Might want to get Shyla a bit used to it in the backyard first, or at least make sure you have a tight hold of her lead if you use it on the streets.

Oh, with these things, the harder you blow the louder they go. My grandad was a Fire Chief in the UK, which is why I know about this kind of obscure idea.

No I was over a dozen houses away from my house so he shouldn't know where I live! The other creepy thing is that 2 hours later I Drove around with my mum and we saw his car again on the same road and he overtook another car and went flying down the street, I wonder if he was scouring the area for a victim still!!!

Just curious where u saw my location? As far as I know I only have VIC up as my location :rofl:

No, it clearly says FUNKYTOWN...and when you know where that is you know that everyone calls it that. :(

No I was over a dozen houses away from my house so he shouldn't know where I live! The other creepy thing is that 2 hours later I Drove around with my mum and we saw his car again on the same road and he overtook another car and went flying down the street, I wonder if he was scouring the area for a victim still!!!

Just curious where u saw my location? As far as I know I only have VIC up as my location :rofl:

No, it clearly says FUNKYTOWN...and when you know where that is you know that everyone calls it that. :(

I was intrigued with how you knew given it only said Funkytown (I'm from North QLD) so I googled Funkytown victoria australia.... lead me straight to where you actually live. Just thought you might be interested to know it's easier to work out.

Ewww, hugs to you! Sounds like a creepy experience. Unfortunately scumbags like this guy do exist and it makes a lot of women feel like they can't go out in broad daylight. :laugh:

This is one of the reasons I never go for a walk with iPod headphones in - not being able to hear a car pull up, etc. I'm automatically suspcious of anyone who slows down near me on the road, even if they're just pulling into their own driveway I turn on the death glare. :( I was once approached by a guy wearing a trenchcoat who I suspect may have intended to flash his junk (uck) at me. Luckily my staffy x must have thought something was up because he snarled at the guy once and he went running. :(

Carrying a stick helps ward off weird people as well as stray dogs! And make sure you always have a phone on you, that way you can take down a number plate or call cops. Good stuff. :rofl:

I want to reiterate Hanna's suggestion. Pre-dog, I walked to/from work, uni etc with headphones in as a matter of course...until the afternoon I didn't hear a car following behind me and the next thing I know some malefactor is pulling me into the car. Luckily I got away relatively unscathed but if I'd been more aware of my surroundings, the whole incident could have been avoided.

Ewww, hugs to you! Sounds like a creepy experience. Unfortunately scumbags like this guy do exist and it makes a lot of women feel like they can't go out in broad daylight. :cry:

This is one of the reasons I never go for a walk with iPod headphones in - not being able to hear a car pull up, etc. I'm automatically suspicious of anyone who slows down near me on the road, even if they're just pulling into their own driveway I turn on the death glare. :cry: I was once approached by a guy wearing a trenchcoat who I suspect may have intended to flash his junk (uck) at me. Luckily my staffy x must have thought something was up because he snarled at the guy once and he went running. :cry:

Carrying a stick helps ward off weird people as well as stray dogs! And make sure you always have a phone on you, that way you can take down a number plate or call cops. Good stuff. :D

I want to reiterate Hanna's suggestion. Pre-dog, I walked to/from work, uni etc with headphones in as a matter of course...until the afternoon I didn't hear a car following behind me and the next thing I know some malefactor is pulling me into the car. Luckily I got away relatively unscathed but if I'd been more aware of my surroundings, the whole incident could have been avoided.

How terrifying for you Sydoo!!

I no longer walk with my ipod either after a fright, as I too am worried I won't hear something I might need to.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are u serious that is SO SCARY!!! Far out did it take u a long time to recover, I was shaking for hours after my thing which isn't barely as bad as yours :D