It's Official

Not this cat amypie lol.

Every time I train my dogs he feels the need to be right in the middle of it all, I'm sure he's trying to learn!

let me say it's hard to build & maintain enthusiam for the aframe when they get half way up & "attack cat" happens to be sitting on the top. I guess he thinks it's the best view!

How's his weaving coming along? :rofl:

Pretty good, we're still in the luring phase

Megs%20weave.jpg

but he is gaining independence and drive all the time. I am hoping he will single step

Megs%20weave%202.jpg

His tunnels are pretty good, but sometimes he gets tired & lays in them. This was a good day :(

megs%20tunnel.jpg

Since he seems to be able to jump over our fences, I think we will jump him at 600. What do you think?

Edited by Vickie

So true!!! :(:) :p

I've always said cats are smarter than dogs and could absolutely be trained like we train dogs, if only we could find the right motivator! There's the problem, because not much motivates a cat more than doing exactly what it feels like doing :D

How's his weaving coming along? :D

Pretty good, we're still in the luring phase

Megs%20weave.jpg

but he is gaining independence and drive all the time. I am hoping he will single step...Since he seems to be able to jump over our fences, I think we will jump him at 600. What do you think?

:(

Have you tried guides - I find luring quite challenging for teaching weaving. :cry:

600 sounds OK but if you jump hiim at 500 Howie can be his pairs partner. :p He lubs kitties. :)

Not this cat amypie lol.

Every time I train my dogs he feels the need to be right in the middle of it all, I'm sure he's trying to learn!

let me say it's hard to build & maintain enthusiam for the aframe when they get half way up & "attack cat" happens to be sitting on the top. I guess he thinks it's the best view!

:laugh: What is it with ginger cats! I used to train obedience with my first BC Sam down at a friend's place, to work against distraction such as their boys playing soccer with my other dog - nt a problem. Their lovely ginger momma cat used to wander out into the paddock to 'help'. She enjoyed being a figure of 8 post - and would also race after the dumbbell, and then sit beside it. No way was my wussy dog going anywhere near her :rofl: .

saxonpup - I've always said cats are smarter than dogs and could absolutely be trained like we train dogs, if only we could find the right motivator! There's the problem, because not much motivates a cat more than doing exactly what it feels like doing

Messing with humans' heads (and dogs' heads) is a pretty powerful motivator for them too :D

I used to have a Siamese who just loved messing with the dogs. I would put a box out for UD sendaway and he would go sit in it :eek::laugh::shrug: I used to use him for distraction training as he wouldn't leave us alone!

Not this cat amypie lol.

:rofl: What is it with ginger cats! I used to train obedience with my first BC Sam down at a friend's place, to work against distraction such as their boys playing soccer with my other dog - nt a problem. Their lovely ginger momma cat used to wander out into the paddock to 'help'. She enjoyed being a figure of 8 post - and would also race after the dumbbell, and then sit beside it. No way was my wussy dog going anywhere near her :wave: .

saxonpup - I've always said cats are smarter than dogs and could absolutely be trained like we train dogs, if only we could find the right motivator! There's the problem, because not much motivates a cat more than doing exactly what it feels like doing

Messing with humans' heads (and dogs' heads) is a pretty powerful motivator for them too ;)

I've always said cats are smarter than dogs and could absolutely be trained like we train dogs, if only we could find the right motivator! There's the problem, because not much motivates a cat more than doing exactly what it feels like doing :confused:

Yep! I have a cat who I'm sure would excell at Schutzhund lol. He's VERY prey and food driven. And he already likes leaping up and grabbing my arm :laugh: He can sit on command too.

Seeing as Schutzhund is banned in Vic, we'll start a new sport - Schutzkatze!