Different/unusual Breeds In Dog Sports

huski

Hi ValleyCBR - I thought that was you! (stewarding as well)

One of the best obedience dogs this year (not the beginners class, the next one up) was a lovely brindle/black staffie - the Judge raved for hours after about the quality of his heeling!

And the blue Great Dane (beginners section) in obedience was amazing. ONe hairsbreadth further in the recall and her handler would have gone flying!!!

We also have pointers and german shorthaird pointers, irish terriers, soft coated wheaten terriers and a jack russel doing agility here in WA.

Plus the ex-pound dogs!

That would be Maximus :D He'll soon have some competition from my two :D .

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall try again, over the last 10 years there have been a couple of us participating Obedience Trialling, Showing Tracking and doing very well in Agility(my friend June Williams gaining her ADM and her Utility Title in Obedience plus her NRD Title in Retrieving with her beautiful Large Munsterlander Kelly) plus her boy Reily who gained his CDX and his AD. With my orginal Munsterlander Millie, we gained our CDX and TD titlles and on our way to UD when she was cruelly taken from me with Lung Cancer at the age of 6 we also dabled in Agility, but she was not sound enough to go on. I now have 2LM's my devil child Annie and her sister Zizz, Zizz has just recently gained her CDX and we are now training for UD so hopefully we will be ready next year. My Annie she is showing great aptitude for Tracking. Also there have a number of very good Obedience and Tracking and exceptional Show dogs in South Australia as well. Not to mention the lovely Show dogs that have gained Aust.Ch.'s and my dogs grandfather who gained his Grand Championship Title here in Victoria. I personally think that I own the best kept secret in Dogdom

I shall try again, over the last 10 years there have been a couple of us participating Obedience Trialling, Showing Tracking and doing very well in Agility(my friend June Williams gaining her ADM and her Utility Title in Obedience plus her NRD Title in Retrieving with her beautiful Large Munsterlander Kelly) plus her boy Reily who gained his CDX and his AD. With my orginal Munsterlander Millie, we gained our CDX and TD titlles and on our way to UD when she was cruelly taken from me with Lung Cancer at the age of 6 we also dabled in Agility, but she was not sound enough to go on. I now have 2LM's my devil child Annie and her sister Zizz, Zizz has just recently gained her CDX and we are now training for UD so hopefully we will be ready next year. My Annie she is showing great aptitude for Tracking. Also there have a number of very good Obedience and Tracking and exceptional Show dogs in South Australia as well. Not to mention the lovely Show dogs that have gained Aust.Ch.'s and my dogs grandfather who gained his Grand Championship Title here in Victoria. I personally think that I own the best kept secret in Dogdom

Yeah the more I hear about LM's the more I think so too. :)

Today I watched a pug and a westie do flyball, neither were extremely fast but they both had the crowd behind them. I think the presenter mentioned it was the only pug or one of the few pugs to do flyball in australia so it was interesting to watch.

Edited by Primedogs

Today I watched a pug and a westie do flyball, neither were extremely fast but they both had the crowd behind them. I think the presenter mentioned it was the only pug or one of the few pugs to do flyball in australia so it was interesting to watch.

That was possibly Daisy (the pug) her mum is a DOLer (yarrowfell).

I don't have access to all my photos but will do my best.

Flyball first

Dudley the Briard and his brother Dougal the Spanish Water Dog (have no photos at the moment, although I know I have some at home)

CKCS

2836248134_dc377217e9.jpg

Pug

3550358159_b9df7423da.jpg

Golden Retriever

3550362501_d63114a6c1.jpg

Dalmation

3551165756_c1ab6ba6fe.jpg

Lab

3320594103_36ed3250e0.jpg

Ridgeback x

3440017822_6fee28832a.jpg

ESS

3439206081_b6d802f8bb.jpg

Not sure if Cookie is a Pom x or a German Spitz or what. Someone may know her and be able to help me out LOL

3439205483_fd892e0746.jpg

JRTs (although they are a dime a dozen in flyball)

3550366251_8afec95a55.jpg

3550365331_8c13681b61.jpg

Chantelle (tibetan terrier x)

2836236518_62f5ce5a8e.jpg

No idea :cry:

118718431.4tb61Z6o.DSC_4366.jpg

Rough Collie

118718517.qMkzaTB2.DSC_4520.jpg

Border Terrier

118718521.Rb0fsqBM.DSC_4525.jpg

Mini Foxie

118718512.XkV69nLB.DSC_4517.jpg

Another one of Cookie from before (still no idea of breed)

118717758.SCoyP484.DSC_4272.jpg

ESS again

118717752.7lKPaGxl.DSC_4264.jpg

Some sort of spaniel :grouphug:

118717701.PJWgZrwy.DSC_4224.jpg

I also know of the following breeds playing flyball:

- Westies

- Min Pins

- Maltese

- Chihuahuas

- Cocker Spaniels

- Schipperkes

- Viszlas

- German Shorthaired Pointers

- Lots of Staffies

- Ive seen TerraNik run Jedi and Ahsoka so there are Keeshonds and Lappies doing it :grouphug:

- Whippets

- Bearded Collies

- Silky Terriers

One of the best obedience dogs this year (not the beginners class, the next one up) was a lovely brindle/black staffie - the Judge raved for hours after about the quality of his heeling!

And the blue Great Dane (beginners section) in obedience was amazing. ONe hairsbreadth further in the recall and her handler would have gone flying!!!

We also have pointers and german shorthaird pointers, irish terriers, soft coated wheaten terriers and a jack russel doing agility here in WA.

Plus the ex-pound dogs!

That would be Maximus :mad He'll soon have some competition from my two :D .

I thought Maximus was just black?

Plus the ex-pound dogs!

That would be Maximus :D He'll soon have some competition from my two :) .

I thought Maximus was just black?

He'd be classed as black/brindle :o . If I'm describing my boys to someone I would say they're black but they're actually black/brindle and Banjo is getting more brindle as he gets older :D :D . Bear only has a few of those 'spethal' brindle hairs :mad .

Offtopic but the sooner people stop using those front of body crossing flyball harneses the better. They really do restrict a dog's front movement. :mad

They shouldn't, unless they are fitted incorrectly. The harnesses on my dogs sit well ABOVE their shoulders, so there is no way they could be interfering with movement.

As seen here -

1013393741_PpibH-M.jpg

Meanwhile, here you go - Dudley the Briard doing flyball

4486067991_2cec8c6703.jpg

And a Tibetan Terrier

1013393077_8LJLo-M.jpg

And the flying rug

4485273480_5578878eb5.jpg

And my guys... Soaks is the first and only Finnish Lapphund in Australia to compete in Flyball

1013393303_DfMCg-M.jpg

And the Flying Fuzz himself

1013391654_gkKrA-M.jpg

And some unusual herding videos...

Jedi - one of the two known herding Keeshonds in the country

(he's still learning...)

Demi - Finnish Lapphund herding sheepies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvWwXqvCOvI

Edited by TerraNik