Pacers - Call For Help.

Steve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everybody!

The clinic is Greencross at Moorooka. The address is 111 Beaudesert rd, Moorooka and the phone number is 07 38921322 if you'd like to donate directly. The little dogs name is Missty (double s is not a typo).

This morning I'm not at work but I've called and she's doing well and is nice and bright. Obviously she's on pain relief and will be having xrays today to determine what kind of break it is and then surgery will likely be in the next few days (unlikely to be today but still possible)

I'll be back at work tomorrow so will keep you up to date!

Maybe bring the family & Missy's need to the attention of GIVIT, which is Brisbane-based? They ask for help of all kinds for people, when charities that are registered with them, bring cases to GIVIT's attention. I think Pacers is already registered with GIVIT. Also some time back, the lady who runs GIVIT asked the supporters of that group, if they'd consider adding animal welfare needs. Got a 100% 'Yes'.

Missy's case involves the welfare of the family, as well. They've been thro' sheer hell.

http://www.givit.org.au/

That vets is just down the road from me, in Brisbane (sort of!). I'll make a donation.

Maybe bring the family & Missy's need to the attention of GIVIT, which is Brisbane-based? They ask for help of all kinds for people, when charities that are registered with them, bring cases to GIVIT's attention. I think Pacers is already registered with GIVIT. Also some time back, the lady who runs GIVIT asked the supporters of that group, if they'd consider adding animal welfare needs. Got a 100% 'Yes'.

Missy's case involves the welfare of the family, as well. They've been thro' sheer hell.

That vets is just down the road from me, in Brisbane (sort of!). I'll make a donation.

Thanks guys. Mita we are members of givit so will use them to help her find some crockery and linen etc.

Thanks guys. Mita we are members of givit so will use them to help her find some crockery and linen etc.

Good thinking. The mum will also be needing household items to set the family up again. Maybe someone can pop in a soft dog bed for Missty, too. :cheer:

Guest RANDCMOORE31

Donation made today. Hope Missty recovers and helps her family recover, also. Really does make you realise how lucky you are - and how your problems are trifling in comparison.

I didn't work at the clinic today but I've just spoken to the Practice Manager and also the veterinarian emailed me this afternoon. They xrayed Missty today and found she had a distal femoral fracture which required amputation. Her little leg was amputated this afternoon, and she's doing extremely well and ready to go home tomorrow. I've been doing some fund raising up here as well, and so far have been able to put over $1000 towards Missty's bill. I've left a message for Julie to call me back and I'm hoping to talk to Pacers sometime soon for an update and I have some other good news.

My heart broke a little when I got the email saying Missty had lost her leg, it's a tragic thing to happen. But from Missty's point of view, she's doing well and we trust she'll adjust to being a little tripod - she's a beautiful dog.

To try and look on the positive side, at least she won't have the trauma of another invasive surgery, like what she would have had to go through if her leg had been able to be saved and pinned - I was concerned about the ongoing costs of a pin removal surgery and further veterinary costs. So whilst it's heartbreaking, I guess we can also be positive about it.

I'll be back at work tomorrow and am really excited I'll get to see Missty go home, I'll ask her owner if I can take a photo of Missty because I'm sure you'd all love to see her beautiful little face.

Thanks again everyone!

Would love to see a picture of her....thanks.

Steve, hope you dont think I am trying to stir any pot here, but I am wondering *roughly* how much the bill was for (when it is finalised) and how much was raised by DOL towards the bill. I dont mind donating to worthy causes (which I did here yesterday), but would like to see a little more info simply because it makes me feel good at how generous DOL'ers can be. Thanks.

Edited by toofarnorth

I'll be back at work tomorrow and am really excited I'll get to see Missty go home, I'll ask her owner if I can take a photo of Missty because I'm sure you'd all love to see her beautiful little face.

Yes please :) .

Poor little darling, I hope her recovery is swift. Better off without a leg that is going to cause continued pain and suffering.

I didn't work at the clinic today but I've just spoken to the Practice Manager and also the veterinarian emailed me this afternoon. They xrayed Missty today and found she had a distal femoral fracture which required amputation. Her little leg was amputated this afternoon, and she's doing extremely well and ready to go home tomorrow. I've been doing some fund raising up here as well, and so far have been able to put over $1000 towards Missty's bill. I've left a message for Julie to call me back and I'm hoping to talk to Pacers sometime soon for an update and I have some other good news.

My heart broke a little when I got the email saying Missty had lost her leg, it's a tragic thing to happen. But from Missty's point of view, she's doing well and we trust she'll adjust to being a little tripod - she's a beautiful dog.

To try and look on the positive side, at least she won't have the trauma of another invasive surgery, like what she would have had to go through if her leg had been able to be saved and pinned - I was concerned about the ongoing costs of a pin removal surgery and further veterinary costs. So whilst it's heartbreaking, I guess we can also be positive about it.

Thanks again everyone!

Would love to see a picture of her....thanks.

Steve, hope you dont think I am trying to stir any pot here, but I am wondering *roughly* how much the bill was for (when it is finalised) and how much was raised by DOL towards the bill. I dont mind donating to worthy causes (which I did here yesterday), but would like to see a little more info simply because it makes me feel good at how generous DOL'ers can be. Thanks.

As I said above Ive had a drama of my own this afternoon and Ive been at the hospital for 7 hours so I havent had a chance yet to hear what the final figures are going to be for the op and ongoing checks and care until the little dog is 100% again and havent been able yet to have a look at deposits etc.the estimate for the op from Carrie yesterday was around $1500 but the vet has discounted this now.I think We have had around - Im guessing - $200 donated by Dol.

As soon as I can I will update you all so everyone knows the tally of the funds donated and the costs and final outcome but Im sorry Im flat out and it takes a day or two to be able to see deposits and its only been a day since we asked for help - experience tells me now and then people say they will be donating and then they dont too.

Anyway as soon as I know I will keep you updated.

Im hoping to grab a photo too - perhaps Carrie can help with that.

Ill be off line most of the day tomorrow but Ill have my mobile if anyone needs me. 0427015152

Julie

Edited by Steve

As I said above Ive had a drama of my own this afternoon and Ive been at the hospital for 7 hours so I havent had a chance yet to hear what the final figures are going to be for the op and ongoing checks and care until the little dog is 100% again and havent been able yet to have a look at deposits etc.the estimate for the op from Carrie yesterday was around $1500 but the vet has discounted this now.I think We have had around - Im guessing - $200 donated by Dol.

As soon as I can I will update you all so everyone knows the tally of the funds donated and the costs and final outcome but Im sorry Im flat out and it takes a day or two to be able to see deposits and its only been a day since we asked for help - experience tells me now and then people say they will be donating and then they dont too.

Anyway as soon as I know I will keep you updated.

Im hoping to grab a photo too - perhaps Carrie can help with that.

Ill be off line most of the day tomorrow but Ill have my mobile if anyone needs me. 0427015152

Julie

Gosh!! Well who is looking after YOU while you run around looking after others??

$200 doesn't seem much, but then every little helps.

Hope you are soon totally well again.

$585 showing as donations this morning but thats between Pacers members, dogz members and MDBA members.Hard to get an exact figure just from dogz unless user names are used as references or theyask for a receipt. Lots want it to be an anon donation and at a guess more wil show tomorrow due the hold up with transfers showing etc.

As soon as I know more and can get back to a computer Ill fill you in

Julie

Well done to everyone involved. This poor family sound like they could use the support.

will donate next week on payday. (hate fortnightly pays)

Try monthly - even worse trying to sort out what you can and can't do :D :heart: . However, that is totally off topic :heart: .

As RANDCMORE says, it sure makes you realise how very tiny some things we see as problems are.