Pacers - Call For Help.

Steve

We have a lady we need to help with her chi cross foxie. - Misty.

Here is her story. Our client has custody of her two grandchildren one aged 3 the other aged 5 . They have been staying in a womens refuge until very recently and they were able to take Misty with them for their stay due to the attachment the kids have to the little dog.

The family is a victim of domestic violence with a bit of a twist. The son [ the kids father] burnt down their house which killed their two other dogs, left them homeless and with nothing except Misty.

The family now has been given a place to live via the dept of housing but today as one of the kids came in the gate Misty got out and was run over.

She is currently at the vet and the bill is estimated by the vet to be around the 1500 mark and because the owner is on a pension she doesnt qualify for credit.

Its difficult to speak with the owner because she is a mess and obviously feeling like its the last straw and is concerned at how these kids let alone herself can cope with loosing their dog if they cant find some help to cover the bill.

We would really like to help her to cover the vet bill and get the dog back home so if anyone could spare a couple of dollars it would really help us to give her a hand.

Bank account details are - bsb 062600 account number is 10488688 accountdetails MDBA Pacers - all donations to Pacers over $2 are tax deductible so if you need a receipt dont make the donation anon and email us for a receipt [email protected]

Julie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got home tonight and J said to me, we have something here we need to donate to. He showed me the email as he had read it before me, turned to me and said we need to dontate - How cool is he?

Donation done and sending get well quick wishes to Misty

I hope I can post here without compromising the confidentiality of the situation. I'm the vet nurse involved. I have raised over $500 from our end tonight, I'll put it on her account tomorrow. Thankyou for everyone who is helping. I'm concerned that orthopedic surgeries sometimes have long term financial costs so am going to keep trying to raise money to keep Missty cared for.

Julie can we say which vet clinic Misstys at? From a clinic point of view people could donate directly but I'm unsure what your Pacers protocol is.

Thankyou so so much everyone. Missty is the perfect patient, she is gentle, loving and very special! Thankyou everyone for your help! This special family deserve it!

Its good if people want to donate directly to the vet but we cant issue tax deductible receipts unless it comes through us.

Post the vet's details and then people have the choice.

We are also going to see if we can help her out in some other areas too as when I spoke with her she still is needing some things due to the fire.

She broke my heart when I spoke with her and knowing how upset she was it must have been very emotional for you Carrie to support her.

I know you stuck your neck out and broke protocol to help her and the dog and I also know how very much she is appreciating getting a bit of a hand.

You're a good girl. :o