Ok, She Can't Be Toilet Trained...

Kirty

Should be put up on a site somewhere to show just how bloodthirsty greys can be!People need to KNOW!!

This should not be kept under wraps!!

:eek::o:laugh:

Gorgeous!

Thankyou :)

so so true, greyhounds are amazing. my daughter in laws brother has them and Honey is just soo precious. she is always soooo the lady. and the most beautiful lounge ornament ever.

cats? cats are dangerous critters, ask honey, Salem stalks in, Honey retreats to the safety of the lounge, n can have all her dinner.

the only things fluffy that Honey plays with are her fluffy stuffed toys.

even more amazing she knew she was racing the other dogs, not chasing that stupid fake rabbit, like the others . she won 3 races and in one of them the hare slowed, honey didnt even give it a sideways , she was too busy overtaking the other dogs, and in that race the hare as well, and flashing for the finish. she would run her heart out to win. literally, she had to be retired because she would push herself past thepoint of exhaustion to get in front and stay there. her career ended on the vets advice she was pushing herself too hard to win. she would be a wreak after the race she was so exhausted

Edited by asal

There are other options available to assist, for instance, if you can't trust a dog not to pee everywhere in the night, buy a nice crate. Most dogs will not poop/pee in their beds, just make sure you give them every chance to go before bedtime and then first thing in the morning put them outside.

You don't have to keep them in the crate forever but it is a good way to assist during training the dog to toilet outside. I normally put all my fsoter dogs in a crate at night, certainly for the few week or two until I can trust them and they've learned the doggie door etc.

Edited by dogmad

There are other options available to assist, for instance, if you can't trust a dog not to pee everywhere in the night, buy a nice crate. Most dogs will not poop/pee in their beds, just make sure you give them every chance to go before bedtime and then first thing in the morning put them outside.

You don't have to keep them in the crate forever but it is a good way to assist during training the dog to toilet outside. I normally put all my fsoter dogs in a crate at night, certainly for the few week or two until I can trust them and they've learned the doggie door etc.

This is a method I have had success with in the past but with a little boy puppy who has been cocking his leg since 11 weeks, he just pees outside of the crate through the wiremesh. He will use a doggy loo when penned but we are getting some misses with the leg cocking and if he doesn't have the doggy loo he won't hang on. He is starting to pee on command when we are outside but seems to have an endless supply and I worry about restricting what he drinks with the weather being so hot. Would love to see your housetraining methods pinned. He is a very quick learner with everything else, so am thinking of starting over without the doggy loo but not sure about how to crate train him if its landing outside of the crate anyway.

Let me warn you folks. If you follow dogmad's instructions to the letter, you will be in the yard at some ungodly hour in the middle of the night leaping around like a whirling Dervish telling your dogs how good they are. :cry::mad:(

Yep. That's how it's been here for the last couple of nights. But, it worked well when I first got Wally and it seems to be working again. I'm hoping he just needed reminding that outside is the toilet. :laugh:

Sending my housetraining method to everyone!

Ozjen - can you please pm me with your email address as I'd like to discuss further?

Hi dogmad,

I'd be interested too dogmad - [email protected]

I have a 18 week old Cocker Spaniel (Vada) who is very hit and miss with her going on the UGODOG tray I got, it's basically a big plastic tray that you can put something under the grating to absorb, but I usually just put newspaper. She usually sleeps in my ensuite with that and newspaper covering half the floor and she will go on the pad sometimes, but pretty much will always pee on that or the newpaper. The other night I removed all the newpaper and she just went in front of the door (hoping she'd learn to use the pad). And it's really annoying when it seems into the bottom of her bed.

I've tried other things like taking the pad to the kitchen area where the tiles are and holding her on that saying 'toilet' to get her to go which isn't that successful unless she really needs to. Other than that I just let her outside and she will go and when she does I say "good girl Vada!". If I leave her in the kitchen area/dining where it's blocked off with a baby gate she might do #2's there and not the hour before I let her out or wait until she can. I'm wondering if I should just be trying to get her to go on the pad a lot when I'm quite sure she will need to go, rather than just letting her outside - just to get her used to the idea that's what the pad is for when she can't go outside. Sometimes she does make noises before though but I think that's just her whinging for attention so I don't come running.

Someone at work said thiry puppy which is about the same age will get their attention when they need to go to the toilet or paw the door or something. I wish!!

p.s. Pia is a nice dog you have there Kirty!

How sweet are those photos!!!!

I have found that crating at night is almost the best thing since sliced bread! My boy came to me at 12 weeks trained to sleep in his crate, and although he had a few accidents - and I blame that on me, now I can put the kids to be bed knowing he is safe - and so is the house :laugh:

Ozjen perhaps you could use a solid crate - I use a vari style one, so then there is no outside for him to pee on....

moofius - if your dog has gone to the door and done wees then she's on the right track. You may be missing the cues somehow?

Dog doors are the best invention and make life so much easier. If you can't fit one into a door or glass or are in rental accomm, have a look at the Pigs in Mud doors that fit alongside sliding doors.

moofius - if your dog has gone to the door and done wees then she's on the right track. You may be missing the cues somehow?

Dog doors are the best invention and make life so much easier. If you can't fit one into a door or glass or are in rental accomm, have a look at the Pigs in Mud doors that fit alongside sliding doors.

Hi, I can't get dog doors where I am, I just try to take her out often, but that isn't really teaching her to let me know to let her go outside. At one point today she was outside for 2 hours, I brought her in and within half an hour she just went in the dining area on the tiles.

Is it worth trying crate training? Does age really matter for this, but really I don't see how it would do anything now, she doesn't go within almost every hour like she did from 8-12 weeks.