Rspca Accountability

Steve

We need your help!!!!!!

We want to collect over 100,000 signatures!

The Master Dog Breeders and Associates has launched a petition to go out Australia wide to have laws changed to ensure agencies charged with policing animal welfare laws have a transparent accountability process. We see this as an issue which is important issue for everyone who is the owner or in charge of animals in this country.

We can't gather that many signatures on our own. It will take a grassroots effort with everyone circulating petitions within their own networks of friends, family, and neighbours. In addition to signing yourself, would you please consider circulating one or more petition forms? Please cross postthis everywhere you can think of to peopel who are involved with any species of animal in this country.

Your efforts are vital to having a successful drive.

Here are some steps to help you:

All states and territories in Australia have different requirements for lodging petitions in each state. To accommodate those requirements we have written petitions which comply with each states rules. You can download your state's petition from our website

Here

Please get the signatures of as many people as you can and make sure they're residents in your state. If they are from other states and they want to sign the petition please direct them to our website where they can download the appropriate state petition and ask them to collect signatures from their local area.

You can work individually or copy the petition and give it to other people to collect signatures. If you are going to make it a team effort, divide the neighborhood and conquer.

Decide who's going to cover which parts of town and split up. This can be done by canvassing the neighborhood going door-to-door, speaking to people at local businesses or shows, meetings, training areas in fact anywhere people are likely to be or gather.

Please don't stop at the minimum required because the more signatures collected, the better are the chances the requested action will be taken.

Be prepared for opposing views. Not everyone will agree with your point of view and some will refuse to sign. Get permission before asking for signatures in front of a store or at a church.

· Don't go door to door in strange neighbourhoods

· If you are going to collect signatures in public do this in groups of two or more

· Don't forget to have enough pens, petition forms and a clipboard or table for them to lean on as they sign.

· Spread the word by emailing and phoning friends and family about the petition and ask them to move it around their friends and family

Privacy

Any person who signs a petition is required to leave personal information to ensure that their signature and support is legitimate.

Residential addresses are needed as P.O Boxes may not be counted as a valid address.

You should make it clear that you will not share information with any third parties.

I would also like to say to Jaxxbuddy who has worked on this for us for such a long time and pulled it all together in consideration of individual state requirements and laws [Her experience and knowledge has been a true asset for us] and to Raz who gave us insight and input into various issues which we also needed to bring it all together - Thank You.

Is there a timeframe we are working towards? I only ask because of Christmas coming up and people out of town etc. Has this also been forwarded to any specific rescue orgs or groups in any states or are you wanting us to do that if we are linked with any?

Thank you for your efforts in preparing this.

Is there a timeframe we are working towards? I only ask because of Christmas coming up and people out of town etc. Has this also been forwarded to any specific rescue orgs or groups in any states or are you wanting us to do that if we are linked with any?

Thank you for your efforts in preparing this.

we are spreading it around but dont rely on that - th emore places you can get it out thebetter.

there is a date on each one for return - 31.1.11

Are you planning to formally circulate through the canine control memberships? I think you'd get a lot of signatures that way but not sure how to avoid double up if people take petitions to shows etc.

It doesnt matter if its doubled up. We want it to go everywhere.I havent sent them to the ANKC or the state canine orgs as yet. Still workingthrough Farmers associations, jockeys etc.

Any chance this can be made accessable on line as well?

I ask because my situation means I'm unable to circulate this on paper or in person,but online it could be circulated easily.

There are likely many in the bush in a similar way.

Er, the NT one has a mistake. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals of the Northern Territory???

Most Territorians I know won't sign this, there's too much praying.

"Humbly pray that"

"Will ever pray"

Er, the NT one has a mistake. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals of the Northern Territory???

"Humbly pray that"

"Will ever pray"

The mistake has been corrected thank you and there is no choice on the praying. :)http://www.ntmajorprojects.nt.gov.au/lant/pub/ip4.shtml

I ask because my situation means I'm unable to circulate this on paper or in person,but online it could be circulated easily.

Sorry no can do . In order to be treated the way we need it to be treated when it gets to the various sate parliaments it has to be done this way.

"Humbly pray that"

"Will ever pray"

The mistake has been corrected thank you and there is no choice on the praying. :D http://www.ntmajorprojects.nt.gov.au/lant/pub/ip4.shtml

Damn :)

"Humbly pray that"

"Will ever pray"

The mistake has been corrected thank you and there is no choice on the praying. :D http://www.ntmajorprojects.nt.gov.au/lant/pub/ip4.shtml

Damn :)

WA is worse it has to end in a prayer! :D

Sorry no can do . In order to be treated the way we need it to be treated when it gets to the various sate parliaments it has to be done this way.

Fair enough,i'll try to get a friend to print it for me and do what I can.

Steve,thanks for all the work you are putting into these things.! :laugh:

in a attempt to help get the word out i cross posted it to a number of forums i know

this reply i think takes the cake.

this is the mentality we are up against, dog help us

"This issue frustrates the heck out of me...

And the solution is what???

Could I suggest personal responsibility?

Sandy I know you aren't listening because when you get on your evangelical

"trips" you can't comprehend that screaming about the problem is all well and

good, but not having a solution means nothing is ever going to change.

You continually ignore the fact that if it wasn't for the puppy farms, if it

wasn't for irresponsible horse owners starving or neglecting their horses we

wouldn't need an RSPCA. It's reason for existence, and its ability to abuse its

power WOULDN'T EXIST!

Frankly I'm tired of this... move on please. Problems without solutions are just

a waste of time & life is too short... It is so negative- how about discussing

the positive things going on? Like the way in which the AHSA is dealing with

genetic defects? You know... things like SCID & LFS & CA... now these are

problems that people have developed or are developing solutions for. These are

animal welfare issues too... and it is great that it is the breed sorting out

its own problems. Now that IS an issue.

Regards,"

sort of makes me wonder if he even read what you are asking for doesnt it?

also many have commented the link to your peitions not opening,

http://www.mdba.net.au/index.php?option=co...n&Itemid=58

Edited by asal

in a attempt to help get the word out i cross posted it to a number of forums i know

this reply i think takes the cake.

this is the mentality we are up against, dog help us

"This issue frustrates the heck out of me...

And the solution is what???

Could I suggest personal responsibility?

Sandy I know you aren't listening because when you get on your evangelical

"trips" you can't comprehend that screaming about the problem is all well and

good, but not having a solution means nothing is ever going to change.

You continually ignore the fact that if it wasn't for the puppy farms, if it

wasn't for irresponsible horse owners starving or neglecting their horses we

wouldn't need an RSPCA. It's reason for existence, and its ability to abuse its

power WOULDN'T EXIST!

Frankly I'm tired of this... move on please. Problems without solutions are just

a waste of time & life is too short... It is so negative- how about discussing

the positive things going on? Like the way in which the AHSA is dealing with

genetic defects? You know... things like SCID & LFS & CA... now these are

problems that people have developed or are developing solutions for. These are

animal welfare issues too... and it is great that it is the breed sorting out

its own problems. Now that IS an issue.

Regards,"

sort of makes me wonder if he even read what you are asking for doesnt it?

also many have commented the link to your peitions not opening,

http://www.mdba.net.au/index.php?option=co...n&Itemid=58

just tested the link it works. people need to scroll down the page to get to the petitions

maybe i shouldnt have replied, in my heart this is a person who sees what they want to see, not what u say, below is the reply i put, but should i just give up and delet it?

may i use the word

"cretin"

there is a solution.

the accountablilty drive is the solution. legislation must be enacted to make

the perperatators accountable the victums a place of appeal just like every

other law enforment institution.

its called democracy,

and its dying in its arse

because of things like you just said

put it to bed? yep.

wait till the likes of redhead looks in your direction and your screaming

soundlessly for someone,,,,,anyone to intercede in your behalf.

until this becomes law you too can end up, guilty without trial

as stated by someone on dogzonline. this is how hitler little by little and bit

by bit slid the german nation into the nighmare no one wants to believe could

happen.

democracy died.

should we all standy by and let it continue here?

the law that ensared Judy guard should never have been passed. You can show a

debarked dog.

its not illegal if is debarked in vic i born in vic, but this iditic law passed

by cretins makes it illegal if it was done anywhere else but victoria

that is insanity surely

maybe electing politians who dont bother or worry that a law is unjust or

unequal isnt the problem of the voting public.

maybe like the pope they are infalible and we should accept without question

when the greater good is more important than any mere collateral damage that

does occur?

somehow the guy who served the 12 years for the murder he didnt commit might not

feel his collateral damage was for the greater good, n didnt i read somewhere is

being compensated to the tune of hundreds if not million compensation?

at least the animal legislation prevents any such compensation payouts as unlike

the innocent murderer there is no avenue of appeal.

asal - dont worry about them. Any Australian who cant see the need for any group who has police and prosecutorial powers regardless of what legislation they are given for them to be held transparently accountable has issues that there is no point in sweating over. You cant speak logically to illogical people.

Edited by Steve

asal - dont worry about them. Any Australian who cant see the need for any group who has police and prosecutorial powers regardless of what legislation they are given for them to be held transparently accountable has issues that there is no point in sweating over. You cant speak logically to illogical people.

dont know if it might mollify em

put this last post on the offending forum

"

promise to take bat n ball n leave u in peace. may some think is worth working

for anyway

wonder if anything judy guard says now shes been rolled too will mean she too is

now a member of the hysterical group?

cheers"