German Pinschers

aus_k9gsd

Yes I have one... demon bitch from hell... aka Mia (more often pronounced Meeehaaarrr)

Love her to bits even tho she is loud and bossy and demanding. She is either 1000% full on or fast asleep! I own/breed Border Collies and they can't hold a candle to her unbounded energy. She can be stubborn and will push the boundaries of acceptable behaviour on a regular basis. But she is also a sweetheart and the most loyal dog I have ever had the pleasure of owning - she makes me feel special :D

She is also red ( I wanted a red one - cos everyone knows red ones go faster :D :) )

13645_196339334758_739014758_2814070_8007004_n.jpg

22339_247665764758_739014758_3042113_413091_n.jpg

40085_427501299758_739014758_4678021_2272083_n.jpg

40085_427501289758_739014758_4678019_4407098_n.jpg

and baby Mia

post-18943-1290090664_thumb.jpg

From the moment she arrived she had no trouble holding her own in wrestle games with the Border Collies

mia250208_3.jpg

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the breed.

I currently have three GP girls here and we live with 6 shepherds. I"m not sure what everyone is feeding their GP's (rocket fuel?) but I"m always amazed when I keep hearing about how they are 'over the top', 'non stop' etc....my girls play of course, but generally are couch slugs. They are no more annoying than the Shepherds when it comes to being under foot. There are of course differences in personality between the breeds as Shepherds are wired to please us no matter what, but GP's ask you to take a number and they'll get back to you later!

post-2225-1295913047_thumb.jpg

post-2225-1295913122_thumb.jpg

post-2225-1295913215_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the breed.

I currently have three GP girls here and we live with 6 shepherds. I"m not sure what everyone is feeding their GP's (rocket fuel?) but I"m always amazed when I keep hearing about how they are 'over the top', 'non stop' etc....my girls play of course, but generally are couch slugs. They are no more annoying than the Shepherds when it comes to being under foot. There are of course differences in personality between the breeds as Shepherds are wired to please us no matter what, but GP's ask you to take a number and they'll get back to you later!

Do you have any photos of an Adult GP with an Adult GSD? I would just like to compare. GPs are on my "own one day" list :hug:

Edited by Miss BeRidgierent

They are a fantastic looking dog, with wonderfully expressive faces. ! I always wondered if they had a little stubborn streak in them (training wise), I call that 'added character". I really like the post with "...take a number and I'll get back to you later" :hug: .

Welcome to the breed.

Do you have any photos of an Adult GP with an Adult GSD? I would just like to compare. GPs are on my "own one day" list :laugh:

I have video on you tube with the gang together, not so many pictures. Try:

or

post-2225-1295954348_thumb.jpg

post-2225-1295954549_thumb.jpg

here are a couple of my gang, she is 6 months old now, they grow up so quick

What a good looking lot they are! I'd love to hear all the differences in character and training ........ ! I've had to GSD's (last one abut 18 yrs ago) . Came close to getting a GP but opted for a Schnauzer instead at that time. I really love the look of the GP.

here are a couple of my gang, she is 6 months old now, they grow up so quick

What a good looking lot they are! I'd love to hear all the differences in character and training ........ ! I've had to GSD's (last one abut 18 yrs ago) . Came close to getting a GP but opted for a Schnauzer instead at that time. I really love the look of the GP.

thanks gwenneth, its great everyone gets along as i have a chihuahau and 2 min pins as well

Ace my GSD is a little more layed back then Jinx but thats more his layed back nature, he is also a typical GSD that has to be with you all the time where as she is quite happy to go off on her own and amuse herself outside for hours. She is very smoochy and loves her cuddles and will snuggle up with me on the lounge, which can be interesting when you have all of them trying to snuggle, my lounge gets very crowded :)

My friend trains my dogs, she is a gsd breeder and is quite impressed with how quick and easy it is to train her, she is very much like my min pins who are happy to please to get some food as a reward as they are little pigs :D

Edited by aus_k9gsd

Would love to add a red one - be nice to have a schnauzer that doesn't need so much grooming :) but they are so uncommon here and the quality is very hit and miss.

http://www.pinscheraleman.com/

There isn't much in the UK at the moment in this breed..they've struggled for a long time to get it going, but breeders are getting older and getting out of them and no new breeders are coming up the ranks and being guided. This link above is in Spain where my boy Blade now lives. Two daughters out of my male are there as well. Many breeders in Sweden

www.beebronx.com

They are in fact schnauzer bodies (standards) without the work!