What Cheeses Me Off !

Mandalay

:eek: This is to be a light hearted look at what cheeses you off at a Dog Show....

It is not meant to be a slanging/pointing finger topic.....

What cheeses me off is when I have got up at 4:30 am to get a piece of Prime real estate and some-one comes late and sets up right in front of you :laugh:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it rains JUST for poodle judging and then stops for group!!! How are you ment 2 save a drowned poodle in that amount of time??? lol

People saving 'prime real estate' spots for only the 2nd day of a show, so you watch an empty gazebo sitting the all day.

People throwing bait around the ring like its rice/confetti at a wedding

When your dog decides to go toilet in the ring after you have spent half the morning walking it around asking nicely to go wees :eek:

Getting bogged in the carpark and having ppl give you that look that says DAMN I REALLY WANT TO LAUGH BUT KNOW I SHOULDN'T!!! :laugh:

Yes i'm whinging!!! lol. Heaps more but i think i'll leave it at that cos I have to be up at 5am for another damn dog show :o

Crappy food vendors! I know, I know - we should just bring our own :laugh:

How about a show with NO FOOD VENDORS!! I guarantee when that happens, you will appreciate your crappy food vendors :eek: lol.

People who wear slappy or clunky shoes for an indoor show.

Untrained children.

People who borrow my catalogue week in, and week out (some I don't mind), for the following reasons...

They never buy their own and expect to use mine. Many don't return it, leave it on there breed page I have no interest in, Even people I don't know come over and look at it!

People who stand in front of your crate chatting when you need to get your dog in/out.

Oh light hearted...

Always needing to pee when your breed is being called to the ring.

Seeing your dogs drool on the judges nice clothes!

Well you do insist on having Danes!!

Stewards breaking rings for people so they can show one breed in the another ring without missing showing their breed in the ring being broken.

Find a handler like everyone else if you're gonna clash!

People thinking others in a public forum will be able to keep a topic such as this "light hearted"

No way....

:o Well they are so far....

Love all the "What cheeses me off" :) I can relate to most of these....

What about judge walking to your dogs face and :laugh: dog has an eye booger :eek:

When they put the group with the most large dogs (and the heaviest crates) in the furthest ring from the car park......and there is a big hill between the two :eek:

....And then you forget your trolley.... :o

Edited by espinay2

People who borrow my catalogue week in, and week out (some I don't mind), for the following reasons...

They never buy their own and expect to use mine. Many don't return it, leave it on there breed page I have no interest in, Even people I don't know come over and look at it!

I had that happen yesterday ay Kyneton, people id never seen at a show before want to see the my catalogue, they asked, i give them a dirty look and said 'ohh i suppose so' they touched it and retreated back to their camp, not having a good look. 10 minutes later i took one of the dogs for a walk and i hear my other dog going beserk and its the same person, come back for a better look WHILST I WASNT THERE. Grrrrr. Same people didnt even turn up with shelter for themselves or their poor dogs. Not even an umbrella! The dogs were so hot and the more i seen the dogs in distress the more angry i got! Finally they had enough and picked up their challenges and went home. The catalogue is one thing, but not coming to a show prepared for hot weather is stupidity.

my dogs jumping up on my stockings just before I go in and giving me a ladder! Agh!

people in the way of the ring entry when you have to dash back and forth swapping dogs

Dogs parked next to you that DONT SHUT UP nor do the owners do anything about it...

When my children misbehave when Ive spent the WHOLE drive nailing into them they better be good!!! :rofl:

Being lovely and clean when you leave the house at 5am and by 9am ring time, you're covered in hair and pawprints and not been in the ring yet!

Being lovely and clean when you leave the house at 5am and stepping in the wet mucky puddle (in the dark) as you close the gate when you are leaving and the mud splashes up your pants/pantyhose. (and no time to go change)

Getting to the show and setting up, only to realize that some of the things needed (like a hammer) ARE IN THE OTHER TRAILER! :rofl:

Driving to the show in the wee hours and not a drop of rain, only to have the sky open precisely sixty seconds after sweepstakes start (and you own a water soluable dog)

I agree about the noisy dogs.....or trolleys full of small dogs that go off when a big dog walks past (that doesn't even look their way) and the owners standing there, make no effort to quiet them. :rofl:

People who set up RIGHT next to the ring near the race, or under the gazeebo that is IN the race! They then proceed to give dirty looks when you ask them to move or push past them.

Trolleys full of yappers right near the ring with no cover over them. I know you can't always stop your dog barking but at least put a trolley surround on so they aren't attacking mine as we walk past.

Toilets that are miles away.

People who don't set up their gazeebos close to each other. If you are going to get to the grounds at the crack of dawn to get a good spot set up close to other people... there are often big gaps between gazeebos where if people had just moved over a foot others could have fit in.

Ag shows - they are just a peeve on their own.