What Cheeses Me Off !

Mandalay

2 things really cheese me off!

Light hearted is the 2 million Dachies that seem to be entered at every show, they take FOREVER! ok so numbers might be a slight exageration ;) but they do seem to take forever. :(

but what really cheeses me off is when it seems that people from a certain breed (wont say what breed) and they set 4 or 5 gazebos up side by side covering the entire front of the ring front, the assembly area isnt very big and you have people trying to get past the ring.

If you put you trolley in front of there gazebo (still leaving them plenty of room to get in and out they and there dogs go berserk, and they demand you move. because your stirring there dogs up!

I was one of many on the weekend that had a run in with these people about this.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who give you the Death Stare because your dog barked outside the ring when they were exhibiting. Like, their dogs. Dogs bark. Woof.

(I'm talking about a woof or two, not a yap yap yap or constant noise).

Lol, I've found you get even bigger Death Stares when a child, god forbid, makes noise! I'm not talking a temper tanty or anything major, just general giggles, clapping and bubbles that small people make.

Or when a dog wins and people cheer loudly it's apparently an issue??? Dog forbid you're happy for someone OMG.

Yes I don't get that.....I"m not used to the deafening silence during group presentation of dogs....the steward asks for applause when the group comes in, but it seems no one is permitted to add to that when dogs are moved or make the cut etc....I've watched BIG and BIS be awarded with no sounds...how anticlimactic for such a big win...is it simply because everyone else is pissed because they lost?

Seeing a dozen dogs before you in the catalogue only to find out that all but 1 are scratched!!!! Not good hen you're set up outside another ring.

How about those same scratched dogs that ARE in fact at the show....being told they ARE going in the ring, only to find out as you miss your ring call that in the last thirty seconds, the dogs don't show up.....

On that vein....how about the ones that feel strongly that it is MY duty to let my competators know it's time to go in the ring. Recently we've run into this a number of times..we are ringside and ready..checked in with the steward and waiting....and yet when competators are called absent, people jump down our throats and get all narky that it is our responsibility to get our competators to the ring on time.....'scuse me?

Or when a dog wins and people cheer loudly it's apparently an issue??? Dog forbid you're happy for someone OMG.

Yes I don't get that.....I"m not used to the deafening silence during group presentation of dogs....the steward asks for applause when the group comes in, but it seems no one is permitted to add to that when dogs are moved or make the cut etc....I've watched BIG and BIS be awarded with no sounds...how anticlimactic for such a big win...is it simply because everyone else is pissed because they lost?

LOL - yes - it's really sad isn't it that people can't be happy. A bit of clapping, cheering and general crowd noise can really lift the atmosphere of a show yet it is very much frowned upon.

I've been to a few shows where there's been cheering and stuff and I think it's great (I'm not talking about over the top stuff). If your dog is distracted by a litte noise, you need to train it to deal with it. If you don't you'd never make it at a Dog of the Year or a Royal because the noise at those can be deafening. I'm all for a bit of cheering and atmosphere at shows - I think it's what's missing a lot of the time and a reason why people stop showing - it can be really boring when there is deathly silence all round.

Seeing a dozen dogs before you in the catalogue only to find out that all but 1 are scratched!!!! Not good hen you're set up outside another ring.

How about those same scratched dogs that ARE in fact at the show....being told they ARE going in the ring, only to find out as you miss your ring call that in the last thirty seconds, the dogs don't show up.....

On that vein....how about the ones that feel strongly that it is MY duty to let my competators know it's time to go in the ring. Recently we've run into this a number of times..we are ringside and ready..checked in with the steward and waiting....and yet when competators are called absent, people jump down our throats and get all narky that it is our responsibility to get our competators to the ring on time.....'scuse me?

:eek: :p :):( ;) I love that one.

Down in the Utility Ring some friends of mine and I make sure we cheer and clap when one of us gets something.

And yes we have been given mighty death stares before but who cares, we are happy for each other and will continue to make that known!

Oh and what cheeses me off is cleaning the Samoyeds before a show, getting there and the place is either a dust bowl or a mud slide, all my hard work goes out thw window in a second. :eek:

People letting their dogs pee on any other property

be that trolleys, crates, the rope poles, gazebo legs or heaven forbid someones legs. :eek: .

I do have a pet peeve of this, at the end of the day, someone generally has to pick up the rope poles and put them away and I pitty them, and I dont like the waft of pee smell as I walk up the marshalling area... taken them to a tree or something natural out the back!!!

People who stuff around when there are runs offs, week after week.

You have been showing for 10+ years surely you know the process by now.

People who enter far to many dogs and don't have enough handlers.

A steward you can't hear.

No map of the ring layouts for country shows, either at the venue or in our envelope.

When people have "rent-a-crowd" cheering and especially whooping - IMO if you're going to clap a winner you should clap all the winners of that breed.

Do they have a 'rent a crowd' because be in there own breed don't like them. :)