How To Approach Neighbours

Sheridan

Oh for crying out loud people, who said you had to put the whims and wants of every child and person ahead of your own dog?? My "precious" "snot nosed" "crappy nappy" son, and whatever other insults you have thrown into the mix, is more important to me than your dogs, deal with it. If you're so worried that I think a lot of you hate children then why do you keep feeding the idea by insulting my boy who doesn't even know you and hasn't done a single thing to you!! If you feel the need to pick on a three and a half year old who you don't even know then you are just a bully with a sick sense of humor! I never expected anyone to view my child or anyone elses as "the centre of the universe" - I was simply saying that it is a fact of life that a human life is at the top of the food chain - if I had to choose between saving the life of a drowning, undisciplined, brat of a child or my drowning dog I know which one I'd choose it's as simple as that. My "rude, nasty" son couldn't give a crap about what happened at the show - I, being the "hysterical" parent that I am, find it rather annoying that people think they can treat anyone like crap just because they feel like it, but hey I guess that's because I'm against purebred dogs (funny that I own three purebred dogs). I'd feel sorry for my dogs too - I mean who wouldv'e thought a dog should be allowed to be cuddled by a child or to romp around in the dirt and muck - talk about mistreatment! Oh and by the way, if you hadn't noticed there is just a touch of sarcasm here!

Wow. You were rude. You came into our forum and were very, very rude. Don't act suprised when people defend themselves. This forum was about a person seeking constructive advice as to how to deal with a problem. You over reacted and made it into a person v dogs argument, which it never was.

I do not accept that people are at the top of the food chain. I once got asked who'd I save - a person or a dog. My answer was 'whichever I could reach first'. However please know that if it was a strange child v's my dogs, I'd sure as hell rescue my dogs first.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be so upset if your child was asked if he had clean hands before picking up a book or some other inanimate object. Children explore and often get dirty. That it great if it means they are not sitting infront of a computer or television all day. So what if a child has dirty hands and so what if someone asks if they do before touching something they don't want dirty. Stop taking everything so personal. No one is critisising YOUR child.

Settle down.

my dog is higher on the food chain that hmans take these examples:

you think a paedophile is higher on the food chain than my dog

you think a murderer is higher on the food chain than my dog

you think a drunk driver is higher on the food chain than my dog

you think a rapist is higher on the food chain than my dog

you think a criminal is higher on the food chain than my dog

wow your values suck

The Exhibitor should have said "Certainly , but may I pat your child first?", and wait for the reaction. :)

Ruger, I am sure your son is a lovely little boy, but strangers don't know his temprament, or what he has been doing recently. It is their right to ask about grubby hands, or even refuse to allow your son to pat the dog - their dog, their rules.

Responsible parents, (just like responsible dog owners), protect their family, but must respect our rights to protect our family too.

Di

hmmmm, maybe our forum name needs a change- obviously it is not clear enough? :rofl:

No one insulted your child. You, on the other hand, insulted all of us by calling us kid haters. That was extremely rude.

Oh you've got to be kidding?? If you want to hide behind the "I never mentioned your child by name" crap when you all hurled the insults then I'll do the same and say that I never mentioned anyone by name when i mentioned child haters - if you want to step up to the plate and claim that that title was applied to you than that's your problem you can deal with it, I have better things to do with my time than argue with you - like play with my grubby little children!

I dont even know what your kid's name is so how could I mention him by name. He could be a figment of your imagination for all I know. You're a stranger on the internet. I dont know you OR Little Johnny or whatever his name is.

Would you be so upset if your child was asked if he had clean hands before picking up a book or some other inanimate object.

Or how about if he had a leaky pen in his hands and he was about to approach someone who had just spent thousands of dollars on a wedding dress and were just stepping out to get married. Would it be OK to ask him to put the pen down and keep the ink away from Persian silk?

The hysterics over 'Are your hands clean' is really gobsmacking.

There are perfectly polite and even funny, game-like ways of asking a child if their hands are clean before they pat a dog which is what I would do. There's no excuse for rudeness, especially to innocent children, and this thread has reminded me that it's not actually kids that p*ss me off but their shrieking parents :)

There are perfectly polite and even funny, game-like ways of asking a child if their hands are clean before they pat a dog which is what I would do. There's no excuse for rudeness, especially to innocent children, and this thread has reminded me that it's not actually kids that p*ss me off but their shrieking parents :)

actua;;y fran you have a point,it is the shrieking unrealistic parents that i dont like, often their kids are just a reflection of the adults bad behaviour

Seriously, ........... Or whatever your name is now, can you please explain what was so offensive about your child being asked if he had clean hands?? Was it the question or the way in which it was asked?

I genuinely want to know as we attend lots of Pet Expos and similar events and I find the feedback from 'everyday Joe' to be very useful in how I deal with people and promote the breed and pedigree dogs in general :eek:

Thank you in advance.

Oh for crying out loud people, who said you had to put the whims and wants of every child and person ahead of your own dog?? My "precious" "snot nosed" "crappy nappy" son, and whatever other insults you have thrown into the mix, is more important to me than your dogs, deal with it. If you're so worried that I think a lot of you hate children then why do you keep feeding the idea by insulting my boy who doesn't even know you and hasn't done a single thing to you!! If you feel the need to pick on a three and a half year old who you don't even know then you are just a bully with a sick sense of humor! I never expected anyone to view my child or anyone elses as "the centre of the universe" - I was simply saying that it is a fact of life that a human life is at the top of the food chain - if I had to choose between saving the life of a drowning, undisciplined, brat of a child or my drowning dog I know which one I'd choose it's as simple as that. My "rude, nasty" son couldn't give a crap about what happened at the show - I, being the "hysterical" parent that I am, find it rather annoying that people think they can treat anyone like crap just because they feel like it, but hey I guess that's because I'm against purebred dogs (funny that I own three purebred dogs). I'd feel sorry for my dogs too - I mean who wouldv'e thought a dog should be allowed to be cuddled by a child or to romp around in the dirt and muck - talk about mistreatment! Oh and by the way, if you hadn't noticed there is just a touch of sarcasm here!

This post is anothe perfect example of your paranoia and rudeness. No one on this forum has "picked on" your three year old son. You however have resorted to namecalling on a public forum.

I am happy that Sheridan seems to have sorted her neighbourly problems.

Totally of topic but:

I often have children wanting to pat my dogs.

I just make sure I point them in the direction of my girl beddie Charley or the toy poodle Tommy.

I'm sure that Leo doesn't want strangers touching him and I never know how he would react to it. I am just keeping him safe.

Edited by dogdog

It's funny..to me it almost came across like Ruger got pi$$ed off with her child being asked if he had clean hands, so she decided to use this thread to have a go at all of us who dare love and work with dogs?

Kinda like payback :p

Meh I just found it highly amusing..made for a good read on Sunday and Monday :eek:

I realise that topics can drift and evolve but trampoline in yard to grubby hands at a dog show in the first post. Not remotely connected.

Ruger, as I said to you in PM, you are overreacting to what was a simple request for advice. Stop it. Changing your user name to a bunch of dots and then continuing to post exactly the same stuff isn't doing yourself any favours. Just stop.

The Exhibitor should have said "Certainly , but may I pat your child first?", and wait for the reaction. :(

Ruger, I am sure your son is a lovely little boy, but strangers don't know his temprament, or what he has been doing recently. It is their right to ask about grubby hands, or even refuse to allow your son to pat the dog - their dog, their rules.

Responsible parents, (just like responsible dog owners), protect their family, but must respect our rights to protect our family too.

Di

hmmmm, maybe our forum name needs a change- obviously it is not clear enough? ;)

Only a dog owner would ask what a child's 'temperament' was ... :eek: :p :)

I think the importance of human life ect is completely unrelated to both issues.

The owner at the show wasnt asking you risk the childs life were they? However you went to an event FOR DOGS and the people there have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars aswell as countless hours working very hard to get there.

I have a 3 year old and I told her quite simply you dont touch dogs that are going into the ring AT ALL! Not only that but for their safety they should ask the owner and listen to any instructions given. That is putting the child first!

Im also an artist and even when Im out in public I dont let anyone touch my work. You touch it and dirty it you bought it! No way would I put up with that. Nor would I be pleased if anyone adult or child touched my dog when he was about to go in and got something on it. Extremely disrespectful to someone who just spent a couple of hours brushing a coat.

As far as the trampoline goes everyone has a right to privacy and enjoyment of their own backyard. However approaching people can sometimes be hard. Sorry I havent read the whole thread but have you made any contact with them before hand? Maybe work to be friendly in your approach and they will listen? I hope so - nothing worse than bad neighbours!