Adaa

Tiggy

Thinking about 2011 I want to enter Banjo in an ADAA trial but I still find there classes so confusing :laugh: so I'm hoping someone could help me. What's like the equivalent of JD - I guess I'm asking what is the easiest class :) . He's on the regular program only.

ADAA events are confusing :laugh:

The lowest levels are Elementary and Starters (in both Jumping and Agility). You can enter these at the same time, in the same trial. Starters has weaves, Elementary doesn't, Elementary is supposed to be simpler course design. To make things more confusing :) if you have no titles you can enter both of those plus Intermediate (next level up) and Open as well if you want ;) When you get a title you can't do the lowest level anymore but can do a higher level etc. There are always several classes you can do at once.

Edited by Kavik

Sorry, can't really help with the ADAA question, but just wanted to come in and ask if you're going to enter ANKC anytime? Cos the closest to JD is, well, JD! :)

I already have entering JD on my 2011 wishlist so there :laugh:

ADAA events are confusing :)

The lowest levels are Elementary and Starters (in both Jumping and Agility). You can enter these at the same time, in the same trial. Starters has weaves, Elementary doesn't, Elementary is supposed to be simpler course design. To make things more confusing ;) if you have no titles you can enter both of those plus Intermediate (next level up) and Open as well if you want :thumbsup: When you get a title you can't do the lowest level anymore but can do a higher level etc. There are always several classes you can do at once.

Thanks Kavik :laugh:

I was looking at doing some ANKC comps, can someone give me a link to the details for them? I cant seem to find much on google...

http://www.ankc.org.au/Rules.aspx

Hmm, yeah I found that, I guess I was more after dates etc, or do you have to be a member before you can see that?

The dates should be on your states canine association website, ours are, plus we get the canine news with the dates in :laugh: .

I was looking at doing some ANKC comps, can someone give me a link to the details for them? I cant seem to find much on google...

http://www.ankc.org.au/Rules.aspx

Hmm, yeah I found that, I guess I was more after dates etc, or do you have to be a member before you can see that?

Hey GG,

Best place to look at that is

http://www.qldagility.com/

they don't put a full year up, but it gives you enough to get by.

T

You have to be a member of your state canine association before you can enter GG, then you will get a journal sent out with trial dates, details on how to enter and costs. Assuming QLD is the same as WA.

You have to be a member of your state canine association before you can enter GG, then you will get a journal sent out with trial dates, details on how to enter and costs. Assuming QLD is the same as WA.

Correct.

The website is just easier than the journal. We only get them a month or so in advance any way.

I already have all the NSW 2011 ANKA ones marked on my calendar.....so then I can organise the rest of my life around them. I got them from the Dogs NSW web site, so I guess the QLD ones would be on Dogs Qld. Web site...that's for ANKA & the AADA ones are listed on the AADA web site. You do have to be a member of your state body to enter & sosmetimes it takes a bit of ltime for them to get all the paper work done. So sorry I missed out on the ADAA one at WAGG last weekend....was it good? What was the weather like???? I had to go in for an emergency eye op a couple of days before so had to pull out....I was so upset, but at least now I will be able to see my way around the course better :)

ADAA events are confusing :thumbsup:

The lowest levels are Elementary and Starters (in both Jumping and Agility). You can enter these at the same time, in the same trial. Starters has weaves, Elementary doesn't, Elementary is supposed to be simpler course design. To make things more confusing ;) if you have no titles you can enter both of those plus Intermediate (next level up) and Open as well if you want :laugh: When you get a title you can't do the lowest level anymore but can do a higher level etc. There are always several classes you can do at once.

;) Too confusing for me :thumbsup:

ADAA events are confusing :)

The lowest levels are Elementary and Starters (in both Jumping and Agility). You can enter these at the same time, in the same trial. Starters has weaves, Elementary doesn't, Elementary is supposed to be simpler course design. To make things more confusing :( if you have no titles you can enter both of those plus Intermediate (next level up) and Open as well if you want ;) When you get a title you can't do the lowest level anymore but can do a higher level etc. There are always several classes you can do at once.

:eek: Too confusing for me :D

LOL. It's not that bad once you start playing in that space.

Basically what it means is that there are more options to play with your puppy so instead of only getting a couple of runs at a trial you can sometimes get 5 or 6 in a day. (Especially for the newer dogs.)

ETA: There are benefits to the system. My girl has her Aust Agility Champion title with ADAA, but until recently was still running Novice and now Excellent standard events at CCCQ trials when she is regularly beating many of the Masters dogs. (We started our ANKC trialling late in life. LOL.)

The Not for Competition that ADAA also has makes it easy to run greener dogs in the more challenging classes without blowing their mind - but at the same time giving them valuable time in the ring. :D

Edited by Agility Dogs

The only problem I am having with ADAA is their titling system. Because you can enter so many events, I have accumulated a number of quallies in different level events but not enough for a title in any of them. They also don't have separate Jumping and Agility titles - it is combined with you needing a certain number of them to be agility quallies.

The only problem I am having with ADAA is their titling system. Because you can enter so many events, I have accumulated a number of quallies in different level events but not enough for a title in any of them. They also don't have separate Jumping and Agility titles - it is combined with you needing a certain number of them to be agility quallies.

Dont forget that once you get a title in a higher level, you cant go back down to the lower levels to finish those cards, you only need to have 2 agility cards, so if your dog isnt ready to step up you can still get cards in jumping events, and just sabotage or do NFC with the agility runs and keep them at that level until they are ready for the harder ones

ANKC looks like too much effort for me lol, my JRT isnt really consistant enough to consider putting that much effort in lol, Ill stick with ADAA for now :mad