Champion Cool Coats/cool Mats

Delviktar

I have the cool coats and find they work very well for the purpose I bought them for which is keeping them cool when crated at training etc and while training/ competeing in obedience/agility.

If it is hot and dry they do have to be soaked reasonably regularly but I have happy cool dogs that are not panting and happy to work. My male in particular has a low tolerance for heat.

I have not used the mats.

Edited by OSoSwift

I use the mat over the top of the crate and then cover over the top of this, then with a fan in use it keeps the inside of the crate much cooler

That's a good tip :grouphug:.

I like that idea too - will be handy tonight.....36 degrees here today and a 6:30 pm show start.....

I got my Cool Coat from the Clean Run, the one from Saratoga Horseworks, its the best money I ever spent, on hot days here in WA my dog wears it a lot, I just keep wetting it, my lab feels the heat terribly.

Ive got these for my girls, I really like them, although we havnt had a lot of heat up here yet they have made agility comps more bearable on those days

I like the cool coats for the shelties however have found that they are no good for the Corgis as they cannot walk in them ( their legs are too short) so if you have a short legged breed ensure that you try the coats on for size and that they can actually walk.

TB