Retrieving & Field Training Talk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She sounds like she is powering along TSD!

I tried out my new power grip on my Dokken today. Turns out they make you too powerful and powered my Dokken straight into a tree. :o After spending half an hour throwing rocks at it I gave up...

Mine bounced off the gutter and almost landed on the roof... embarrass.gif

Hey LL great to hear from you. Heard via Pru that you weren't going to the Nationals & sorry to hear that. Would be wonderful to catch up again if you're able to. I am injured at the moment. Monday the two girls hooned behind me and slammed into my left leg. Of course I was in a paddock by myself & quite a distance from the car. Thought my knee was dislocated so had to drag myself along the ground to get to my car. Turns out it is a torn cruciate ligament but can't put any weight on my leg and have crutches. With two trials this weekend, I might be getting someone else to handle my dogs, but there is no way I'm missing the Nationals again, so OH and I will be flying over next week regardless. Might be interesting doing a walkup !!!!

Sorry to hear you injured yourself! Or rather the girls injuring you! Are you heading to the trial this weekend still? Do you know where it is being held yet? If it isn't too far, I was thinking of heading to it to watch and lend a hand if needed.

Happy Birthday for last week, Em!

Ouch, sorry it was a dokken you lost, RV. Hope your dad gets it out for you! Speaking of lost dokkens, I've misplaced my pintail. I find it hard to believe I've misplaced it because it's yuuuuuuge, but I can't find it :(

I also ordered a new whistle, one of those Roy Gonia Mega Whistles. Is there a trick to making it work? I blow in it and nothing :o I feel like such a dufus asking that!

Hey LL great to hear from you. Heard via Pru that you weren't going to the Nationals & sorry to hear that. Would be wonderful to catch up again if you're able to. I am injured at the moment. Monday the two girls hooned behind me and slammed into my left leg. Of course I was in a paddock by myself & quite a distance from the car. Thought my knee was dislocated so had to drag myself along the ground to get to my car. Turns out it is a torn cruciate ligament but can't put any weight on my leg and have crutches. With two trials this weekend, I might be getting someone else to handle my dogs, but there is no way I'm missing the Nationals again, so OH and I will be flying over next week regardless. Might be interesting doing a walkup !!!!

Sorry to hear you injured yourself! Or rather the girls injuring you! Are you heading to the trial this weekend still? Do you know where it is being held yet? If it isn't too far, I was thinking of heading to it to watch and lend a hand if needed.

Happy Birthday for last week, Em!

Ouch, sorry it was a dokken you lost, RV. Hope your dad gets it out for you! Speaking of lost dokkens, I've misplaced my pintail. I find it hard to believe I've misplaced it because it's yuuuuuuge, but I can't find it :(

I also ordered a new whistle, one of those Roy Gonia Mega Whistles. Is there a trick to making it work? I blow in it and nothing :o I feel like such a dufus asking that!

Hi RS. Hubby & I are still going to the trials this weekend and hope that someone can have a go at running my dogs. The trial is between Toodyay and Northam on the Katrine Road. It is about 1 km from the river bridge and on the right hand side of the road (pink ribbon at gate). I'm sure they would love you to help too, as they seem to be short of workers for Saturday, at least. Where did you girls get your dokkens ? Here or America, and how much all up with postage ? I have to replace a borrowed one that was chewed slightly by one of my treasures.

Hi RS. Hubby & I are still going to the trials this weekend and hope that someone can have a go at running my dogs. The trial is between Toodyay and Northam on the Katrine Road. It is about 1 km from the river bridge and on the right hand side of the road (pink ribbon at gate). I'm sure they would love you to help too, as they seem to be short of workers for Saturday, at least. Where did you girls get your dokkens ? Here or America, and how much all up with postage ? I have to replace a borrowed one that was chewed slightly by one of my treasures.

Oh man, what a shame I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing cos I'd be jumping up and down offering to handle your dogs :rofl: Hope you find someone!

I have only placed Novice/Restricted trials in my calendar so I don't know when All Age ones are on. Is there an AA on Sat and Novice/Restricted on Sunday, both at the same place? If I make it out there, I'd only be able to do one day. I love watching them all, though, such a shame it takes so long and therefore the need to split them over 2 days!

I ordered my dokkens from America - www.cabelas.com. Postage is 25% of the total of your order, or a minimum of $20.

Hope Em had a great birthday.

Loved the smiley photo.

I'd love to run your dogs, Fetchin. Do you think there is time to fly from Sydney??

Your whistle might be faulty, RS. Mine certainly aren't quiet!

I have 1 dokken but don't use it much.

We haven't done any trials over the last few weeks. Missed the RATG last week cos my son got married.

Next one is at the GR Club show on the 4th.

PS: I applied for Molly's QND title, which came through okay. I just had to chase up qualifying cards from the club secretaries and the ANKC were happy with what I provided.

RS the N & R trials were on Saturday. I managed to run my boy in restricted with lots of help with the dog and someone else firing the gun for me. Heeling next to crutches was a whole new experience for him but he was so good.

Overall, really please with how he went and he placed 3rd, so not too bad. The AA was on Sunday and there was no way I was handling the dogs. I had three separate handlers running my three dogs, all having never run them before, and not even having the same commands as me. The Goldie knew her handler but this was a first for both, and despite using some different commands, and, the wrong whistle, my girl placed 3rd in the event. My black lab had never run for anyone else before but she did an excellent job and finished the trial in 6th, and my old boy did well, but went out on the second run. Just showed me that they can do the work with others and made me feel so good about my dogs and my training.

Congrats on the results, FD! thumbsup1.gif Hope there wasn't a nice slope to heel down with crutches! eek1.gif

Oh I got the days mixed up! I had heaps to do around the house anyway so decided I best not waste another weekend on "dog stuff". I will try to make it out to a trial before the season ends (which can't be too far off?!) I'm hoping for convenience sake there is one more "local". I don't mind travelling if I'm competing or it's for a weekend, but it gets a bit much just to watch for a few hours.

Why do there have to be snakes in this country? I want to train over the summer so I can trial next season but those stupid snakes!!! frown.gif

Where is Lavendar Farm? If I didn't have agility I'd come to the novice/restricted one :(

It is near York ( I think ) can get you the directions if your interested in going.

Saturday is the last novice/restricted trial for this season.

State Retrieving trial is on 17/18 September, then one more AA after that and end of season for all.