Rockhampton, Qld.

Miranda

I've put this in General because more people visit this forum.

I have just sold a puppy to Rockhampton. Can anyone recommend a good puppy pre-school, a vet and an obedience club? I have no contacts at all in that part of Queensland.

Hopefully, you'll get some recommendations posted by people who live in the Rockhampton area.

Failing that, there's a Rockhampton Kennel Club affiliated with Dogs Qld, with the contact details listed on their website. Maybe you could get some tips there:

Rockhampton Kennel Club Inc (Central Zone 2 Club)

Address: P O Box 8593, Allenstown, 4700. Contact: Mrs J Sweeney. Phone: (07) 4933 3399. Email: [email protected].

We take Sam to Rockhampton Veterinary Clinic in Dean St. Ph 4928 4266 www.rockyvet.com.au(closest to where we live).

Alma Street Veterinary Hospital www.almastreetvet.com.au Ph 4922 8138 advertise that puppy preschool is available.

We took Sam to a class at the High St Vet Surgery Ph 4928 3566. http://www.highstreetvets.com.au/

There is a Dog Obedience Club here but not sure what it's called. I think they use Duthie Park.

ROCKHAMPTON DOG OBEDIENCE CLUB Inc Duthie Park North Rockhampton PO. Box 5064 Rockhampton Mail Center QLD 4702. Mobile: 0419717619

...Not sure how current that address is.

Capricorn Vet Surgery Ph 4927 3688 is on Gladstone Rd.

Thanks so much to all have responded and to all those who have sent PM's, it can be very difficult sending a puppy interstate to a relatively inexperienced owner and you have all helped immeasurably :rolleyes:

Could be wrong, but I believe FranCQ lives there

... and I think she may be currently on hols down here in Vic... could be wrong ;)

She is on her big road trip :thumbsup: and bridesmaid duties, but away for only a fortnight.

FranCQ arrived in Adelaide on Sunday, just in time to join our Adelaide DOL meet and get Lappie and Bully (not me, Pele :D ) cuddles after a long drive from Broken Hill :D