Whats The Best Gossip You Heard About Yourself Or Your Dogs?

MonElite

Apparently I was the town bike who would go home with anyone on a friday night, shame the girls saying this couldn't tell it was actually the same guy I was going home with.

It didn't really bother me, I knew who was spreading it around, untill I found out my mother had heard and believed it :rofl:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dog this thread is a real turn off.

All the bitching and carrying on about purebreed world gossip, I can understand why people buy from other sources to escape all the bullcrap, incessant whinging and personality conflicts. Who needs to worry about PDE, if the lies about purebreeds in that doco doesn't turn people away, the last few pages will.

Several threads on the first page about how to promote pedigree dogs and working party's and then there's this thread.

Give yourselves a big round of applause :rofl::(

All the bitching and carrying on about purebreed world gossip, I can understand why people buy from other sources to escape all the bullcrap, incessant whinging and personality conflicts. Who needs to worry about PDE, if the lies about purebreeds in that doco doesn't turn people away, the last few pages will.

Several threads on the first page about how to promote pedigree dogs and working party's and then there's this thread.

I agree. If people wanted to have shits and giggles about dog world gossip they could have atleast put this in offtopic so guests coming in with the view of reading up on getting a purebred dog werent confronted with this bullshit carryon.

I agree. If people wanted to have shits and giggles about dog world gossip they could have atleast put this in offtopic so guests coming in with the view of reading up on getting a purebred dog werent confronted with this bullshit carryon.

I agree, although very little of this is showing crowd gossip and most of it seems DOL/neighbourhood based.

The sad fact is though that it happens. Everyone can paint a pretty rosey picture of the "dog show world" but it is not all roses. Alot of what happens is pure crap and should never happen.

In my case I was in small competition with the person who spread crap about me and my dogs but never did anything wrong to this person. They are a far bigger fish in the ocean than me. I would rather tell it how it is to people who are buying dogs that bullshit them into a false sense of how people want the world portrayed.

The sad fact is though that it happens. Everyone can paint a pretty rosey picture of the "dog show world" but it is not all roses. Alot of what happens is pure crap and should never happen.

In my case I was in small competition with the person who spread crap about me and my dogs but never did anything wrong to this person. They are a far bigger fish in the ocean than me. I would rather tell it how it is to people who are buying dogs that bullshit them into a false sense of how people want the world portrayed.

There's bullshit and then there's balance.

Toxic, petty people who enjoy denigrating others aren't confined the the world of purebred dog exhibition. They're in your workplace, in other hobbies and in any social situation. Show me any form of competition and I'll show you people who can't be involved without nastiness and back biting.

Most of the folk I've met in the show scene love dogs, love hanging out with fellow dog lovers and aim to breed and/or exhibit the best examples of their breed they can produce. Lets not lose sight of that.

Apparently I am a guide dog trainer AND a qualified vet :o

(I'm a puppy raiser and a vet student)

So many people come up to me though and are like "oh you're the guide dog trainer, what should I do about xxx behaviour problem" "oh you're training that puppy to be a guide dog" "oh you're the vet, can you take a look at this..."

LOL I have to spends ages explaining that I'm not actually a dog trainer OR a vet!

Toxic, petty people who enjoy denigrating others aren't confined the the world of purebred dog exhibition. They're in your workplace, in other hobbies and in any social situation. Show me any form of competition and I'll show you people who can't be involved without nastiness and back biting.

Most of the folk I've met in the show scene love dogs, love hanging out with fellow dog lovers and aim to breed and/or exhibit the best examples of their breed they can produce. Lets not lose sight of that.

Oh of course there is a balance. In 35 years of showing dogs I have pretty much seen it all :o

Competitiveness will always be there. Nastiness will always be there as well.

Nice gossip :p

Phone enquiry. Told me they had been chatting with a judge & that they highly recommended me as an honest & ethical breeder. That was lovely. I don't know the judge very well.

Bad gossip ;)

People came for a puppy & asked to see my canine breeder membership card. Said certainly I was going to show you that anyway, when we got to paperwork.

Then told me that another registered breeder had informed them I was not a registered breeder.

Mad because I had actually been referring people to this breeder when I did not have any puppies myself. Not anymore.

Silly gossip :)

Someone chatting about some friends, in a not nice way, & I realised I knew the people. Turned out they were friends of my sister. When the person realised who I was they said

Oh you're that sister, the one running around with all those men & leaving your children with the babysitter all the time.

Tactful or what :o

I said I had only 1 boyfriend for 7 years. Only saw him once a week for the 1st year & my sister or their adult brother were the only ones who babysat. I did not even let him meet my children for the first 18 months.

Oh I was such a tart. :)

Could have all been worse I suppose.

Oh of course there is a balance. In 35 years of showing dogs I have pretty much seen it all :mad

Competitiveness will always be there. Nastiness will always be there as well.

And of course the genuine people will always be there as well.

I love hearing the gossip about yourself from someone you don't know, who thinks they are passing on a wonderful bit of tidbit for your horror and amusement, and they don't know that the gossip is about you.

Especially nice when you have had a great chat with them for a while, got on well...hence why they 'trusted' you with the gossip, only to then spring on them that that piece of salaciousness was about you...it's flattering when they realise the numbers don't add up. ie. What you are really like, compared to what someone else wants them to believe you to be.

GOOD GOSSIP: When someone comes into work and says, "Oh, you are the nice, friendly, helpful one my friend told me about".

BAD GOSSIP: Prank Caller. Was funny. I was homeless, had no phone and sure wasn't going to waste precious dollars ringing evil people.

OTHER BAD GOSSIP: I don't know. Probably plenty. And they can go tell someone who gives a rats. Live with my family long enough and you get immune to some things.

Give yourselves a big round of applause :(:(

I suppose it depends if you've been on the receiving end of some of this stuff.

hmmm, yes

I heard recently that my dog's blue eye is glass.

that's my favourite so far, LOL.

I was asked if my dogs' ears were cut off before I got them or if I had it done myself - in a tone of barely suppressed rage. I was gobsmacked and had to ask what they meant, which only made them angrier. This person had seen my dogs before and had apparently been shocked and seething ever since about how cruel it was that they had no ears :(:(

Needless to say it wasn't a pure bred dog person who asked. Most pure bred dog people would not mistake breed-correct, small, high-set, rose ears for an attack with scissors. :laugh:

I found out later that they had told other people we both knew that I cut my dogs' ears off too - but no-one believed them. Loonies!

Edited by Diva

hmmm, yes

I agree. I dont see how its would be turning people off. This kind of behaviour is seem everywhere so I cant see how it is going to turn people away. Alot of these stories are funny and alot of people will be able to relate.

I was asked if my dogs' ears were cut off before I got them or if I had it done myself - in a tone of barely suppressed rage. I was gobsmacked and had to ask what they meant, which only made them angrier. This person had seen my dogs before and had apparently been shocked and seething ever since about how cruel it was that they had no ears :dunce::dunce:

Needless to say it wasn't a pure bred dog person who asked. Most pure bred dog people would not mistake breed-correct, small, high-set, rose ears for an attack with scissors. :laugh:

I found out later that they had told other people we both knew that I cut my dogs' ears off too - but no-one believed them. Loonies!

:dummy:

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. I can't recall any gossip about me, I am pretty sure that I am not worth gossiping about, but even if I am, my friends are too sensible to pass it on.

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. I can't recall any gossip about me, I am pretty sure that I am not worth gossiping about, but even if I am, my friends are too sensible to pass it on.

yep. don't think they believed me when I said the ears came that way either :dunce::dunce: Fortunately our mutual friends knew I'd massacre anyone who tried to cut my dogs, let alone do it myself :dummy:

I've never heard any gossip about you locally ssm. You do so much to help the dog scene here that I'd like to think no-one would dare!

Well I have a tendency to speak up on issues , especially on breed or club issues and as a result I get called a trouble maker for my pains :laugh: which I don't mind........but the best gossip ...or should I say 'innuendo's to mischief make' that I have come across about myself came from one or two persons from this very forum. As soon as these persons didn't like hearing the truths being said...they come out with, "We've heard all about you!" or "We know all about you!" But the thing is they never say 'what' :dunce: ..........:dummy: ...which would be good .......so I can add it to this topic. :dunce: and have a good laugh and give those who know me a good laugh.