Tis The Season For A Competition

poodlefan

Someone needs to ask a question.. anyone?

Here's one (and I don't know the answer).

Name two breeds that are born solid white and two breeds that are born solid black!!

Bonus points if they change colour afterwards by the way :cheer:

Aren't Dalmatians solid white and the spots come in later? :) I think its cheating to google these things so I answer from my own knowledge only. :thumbsup:

Also English Setter are born solid white and Belton markings come in later (I believe)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerry Blue Terriers are born black. Don't know a second breed though.

I think there's another that silvers out - maybe Schnauzers?? Silver poodles are born black.

Someone told me ACDs are born white but I've never seen ACD baby puppies so I don't know :)

Edited by poodlefan

I've sneaked on at work :thumbsup: whoops

Well done Ruralpug! And how interesting about your family connection to coolies. :)

that was interesting about border collies as well. The border collies I see around my country town look nothing like the border collies you see in the show ring. Having said that, there was a lady from Inverell at Gunnedah Show who had border collies and she said she used her collies for working sheep as well as for showing, just lovely to see. They were stunning dogs.

Australian cattle dogs, from memory, are born white too but I could be wrong. :cheer:

eta Sorry poodlemum I missed your post about the ACD born white, I'm now nearly 100% sure they are.

also isn't that why Cruella De Ville didn't want the dalmation puppies because they were born white and she wanted fur with black spots :cheer:

Edited by onsntillnflash

Which breed ANKC breed is born plated and eventually grows into schwarzschimmel, hellschimmel or dunkelschimmel markings? And super awesome extra bonus points if you can define schwarzchimmel, hellschimmel and dunkelschimmel without google! :)

Edited by RallyValley

Which breed ANKC breed is born plated and eventually grows into schwarzschimmel, hellschimmel or dunkelschimmel markings? And super awesome extra bonus points if you can define schwarzchimmel, hellschimmel and dunkelschimmel without google! :eek:

:thumbsup::cheer::cheer:

not even trying :)

gosh this thread is great isn't it! We are all learning so much about every one's elses breeds!

Which breed ANKC breed is born plated and eventually grows into schwarzschimmel, hellschimmel or dunkelschimmel markings? And super awesome extra bonus points if you can define schwarzchimmel, hellschimmel and dunkelschimmel without google! :cheer:

You're speaking jibberish :)

:thumbsup:

Which breed ANKC breed is born plated and eventually grows into schwarzschimmel, hellschimmel or dunkelschimmel markings? And super awesome extra bonus points if you can define schwarzchimmel, hellschimmel and dunkelschimmel without google! :cry:

You're speaking jibberish :thumbsup:

:cheer:

Poodlefan come back and save me from looking like a raving lunatic! :eek:

Name the Irish terrorist who used to show his kerry blue while being hunted by the British.

:cheer: That is so badass.... stopping to show his dog :)

Which breed ANKC breed is born plated and eventually grows into schwarzschimmel, hellschimmel or dunkelschimmel markings? And super awesome extra bonus points if you can define schwarzchimmel, hellschimmel and dunkelschimmel without google! :D

You're speaking jibberish :cheer:

:eek:

Poodlefan come back and save me from looking like a raving lunatic! :cry:

Name the Irish terrorist who used to show his kerry blue while being hunted by the British.

:cry: That is so badass.... stopping to show his dog :)

:cry::cry::cry:

for the other question, I'm guessing some sort of german dog maybe shnauzers :thumbsup: but aren't poodles french, who knows what breeds Poodlefan has (apart from I"m guessing poodles :cheer: )

Edited by onsntillnflash

What film director made a short film for television starring his own kerry blue terriers?

Name two famous people who own wheaten terriers.

Josh Grobin owns a wheaten (he was on Sunrise the other week, and I'm all like 'he's got a wheaten!". I'm trying to remember who else does.

Does Carly Phillips count? She's a successful author

Which breed ANKC breed is born plated and eventually grows into schwarzschimmel, hellschimmel or dunkelschimmel markings? And super awesome extra bonus points if you can define schwarzchimmel, hellschimmel and dunkelschimmel without google! :)

GSP (German Shorthaired Pointer)