Tis The Season For A Competition

poodlefan

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a prize for someone who gets none right at all? I'm scoring well there.

Oh, but...Miss, Miss, Miss! Queen Victoria owned a Pekinese, too.

Oops! Got to ask a question. What was the breed of her hubbie, Prince Alfred's, favourite dog?

Was it a greyhound?

No idea - but for special bonus points, what breed did the Captain of the Titanic own - it wasn't on the boat when it went down though.

And the clue, Q Vic owned these too, although it was her daughter in-law who really took an interest in them.

And thankdog it wasn't. Borzoi!! :)

Correct!

didn't Joanna Lumley own an afgan or am I imaging it?

I think she looked like an elegant Afghan, does that count?

Time for another question???

Name two breeds of dog (cos that's all I can think of) in which hackney gait is a desired breed feature*

(* political message follows: note to any judges out there - the Whippet is NOT one of them) :)

Oohhh! I was reading a thread somewhere here that mentioned that! Was it a Manchester Terrier? Ugh, or a German Pinscher perhaps! I can't remember lol

From the ANKC Breed Standards:

Min Pin

Gait: Co-ordinated to permit a true hackneyed action.

Boston Terrier

Gait The gait of the Boston Terrier is that of a sure footed, straight gaited dog, forelegs and hindlegs moving straight ahead in line with perfect rhythm, each step indicating grace and power.

Faults: There will be no rolling, paddling, or weaving when gaited. Hackney gait.

One down, one to go!

Edited by poodlefan

From the ANKC Breed Standards:

Min Pin

Gait: Co-ordinated to permit a true hackneyed action.

Boston Terrier

Gait The gait of the Boston Terrier is that of a sure footed, straight gaited dog, forelegs and hindlegs moving straight ahead in line with perfect rhythm, each step indicating grace and power.

Faults: There will be no rolling, paddling, or weaving when gaited. Hackney gait.

One down, one to go!

Italian Greyhound ??

Oh k here goes

What breed of dog was originated in the late 1800s by Captain Max von Stephanitz who hoped to develop an all-purpose working dog?

I'm not particularly good with coming up with questions lol, I don't know if this is a hard one or not!

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Italian Greyhound ??

ANKC Breed Standard:

High stepping and free action. Front and hind legs to move forward in a straight line with propulsion from behind.

Yep! Go to the top of the class and ask a question. :laugh:

I disagree - High Stepping is not Hackney gait. They are a different type of movement.

ok, my turn.

Can only think of one question.

Name a breed where despite the name of a country in their name, did not originate there.

Australian Shepherd

ooops, too slow!

Edited by Diva

Italian Greyhound ??

ANKC Breed Standard:

High stepping and free action. Front and hind legs to move forward in a straight line with propulsion from behind.

Yep! Go to the top of the class and ask a question. :o

I disagree - High Stepping is not Hackney gait. They are a different type of movement.

And after some googling most agree with you. :laugh: Better ask a question Yarrowfell.