German Shepherd Fights Off Muggers In Canberra

Shepherd 08

Many years ago, I used to be a morning jogger, but to fit it in before work, I had to get up at 5.15am. I had moved to a new suburb and because I didn't feel safe, running in the dark, I let my routine fall away. Time went by and I tried to get back into my jogging routine. It must have been the second or third morning that I'd started jogging again, it was quite misty and I was thinking about the little Maltese Puppies I'd put my name down for when they were born. Out of the mist came a woman running gracefully and effortlessly and by her side were two German Shepherds.

I thought to myself: no one is going to mess with her; I wonder if I should rethink my breed of choice :laugh::laugh:

That's really funny. Dumb robbers.

A while back a burglar went through my street - not over the road, because of the barky dog, not my place, same reason. Went next door because the 3 rottweilers were sleeping. Not for long, and the burglar was caught at the hospital when she (yep, it was a woman) was having her leg and arm stitched up. Police were waiting because neighbour found bits of a pair of jeans and a shirt on the ground, and the dogs were very restive, so he phoned the police.

Gotta love dogs!

Yay Puppy!!!!

What were they thinking? I know my girl would protect me... esp since Im pregnant now..

Actually that's a good point. I'm about 4 months preggo now... I dropped off to sleep on the couch at about 7pm last night, woke up at 11 ?? and she was curled up beside my head, as soon as I got up to go to bed, she followed me in.

Also often follows me to the toilet now, and waits *right* outside the door.

In saying that, I have no idea where she is at the moment. Outside in the sun I'd say.

A while back a burglar went through my street - not over the road, because of the barky dog, not my place, same reason. Went next door because the 3 rottweilers were sleeping. Not for long, and the burglar was caught at the hospital when she (yep, it was a woman) was having her leg and arm stitched up.

Some time back, police were chasing an intruder in the Kangaroo Point/East Brisbane area. He kept legging it over fences...quite an agile bloke. Police were falling behind.

Then bloke vaulted over one fence...on top of a rottweiler below. Rottie was not happy with this 'attack' from above. Bit him soundly. Gave time for police to catch up & take him off to the hospital. Only nice words said about the rottie.

• 4 weeks later...