Endurance Test 2011 Thread

Less than two weeks

Kinda nervous and excited all at once!!

Was biking this evening - it was freezing! - and passed OH on the track tootling off on the tractor to do something. He asked why the dog wasn't puffing, but I was, then told me if I listened to St Elmo's fire through head phones it might help!!!! Thanks helpful OH!! hahahah I didn't think I was quite that bad, I had just gone up a hill!

So now who's counting :rofl: the days down Oss I know the feeling of nervous & excited, had that the other week when we did ours.

Yep it's cold here in Vic toooo,

Your OH being sarcastic :laugh:

So training is going well ???

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to see him do it!! :D

After 8 kms Lewis looks so normal he almost looks bored!!! Oh well 20kms should sort him out! Or me ......anyway I have gel seat cover so all is well :)

OH was being a little cheeky, and yes I do puff after the big hill, but thats because it is a long steep hill, so I think I am allowed to :)

Edited by OSoSwift

I'd like to see him do it!! :D

After 8 kms Lewis looks so normal he almost looks bored!!! Oh well 20kms should sort him out! Or me ......anyway I have gel seat cover so all is well :)

OH was being a little cheeky, and yes I do puff after the big hill, but thats because it is a long steep hill, so I think I am allowed to :)

Ooohhh I would like to see that tooo, cheeky buggars :laugh: :laugh:

that's ok Orlando looked like he had only done about 5k's after doing 20k's

Yes I would agree I feel puffed just from ready your comment :laugh: :laugh:

Just doing our entry for the only ET down here - second weekend in July. So need to get the bike out a bit over school hols - but have to do some tracking training too - his first tracking trial is the weekend after next. Last weekend was showing with Rory and agility with Kirra - showing this comign weekend - busy, busy dogs. :rofl:

We did 7.5km yesterday avg speed was 13.5km. Jett practically pulled my up the hill in my street, she's like a freight train, absolutely LOVING it. I must admit my thighs were a little sore after yesterday :o

I am so glad that I bike her every 2 days and that today is NOT one of those days, its was near freezing here. At 11.30am it was 7 degrees outside at my house, too bloody cold to be outside. All 3 dogs are in their dog coats and are nice and toasty outside. I think this winter is gonna be a cold one.

I hear you Trina J , it is cold here as well and I am now doing every 2 days then one off, and well today is the off day - I am rather thankful as it is very very cold, drizzling and windy!!!

We are all off to get Bowen done today, the dogs love it and the lady who does it :)

It is so incredibly cold at the moment. Remember when doing the ET to dress warmly with layers of clothing that you can discard as your body temperature rises with the running/cycling. Also remember to rug up again once you finish.

Cold weather expected again here in Melbourne this weekend.

Good luck to all doing the Dalmatian Club ET. Stay warm.

Best of luck also to those competing in the west!

M

Hows everybody going with their training???:)

By the sound of it Jett will blitz it in doin the speed of 13.5 k's when we only have the speed on 10k's

Good luck to everybody around the country participating in the up & comming ET's :D :D :D

Edited by murve

Did 8.3kms this evening at an average of 13kms and he still didn't puff, came home did zoomies with Rommi and raced around like a loonies for half an hour, then he puffed a bit, but only for a few minutes!! I think that is a good sign :)

Just remembered I need to make him a non-slip collar so best I get onto that ASAP!!!

Did 8.3kms this evening at an average of 13kms and he still didn't puff, came home did zoomies with Rommi and raced around like a loonies for half an hour, then he puffed a bit, but only for a few minutes!! I think that is a good sign :)

Just remembered I need to make him a non-slip collar so best I get onto that ASAP!!!

Sounds like Lewis is ready :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Orlando is like that when I take him out, he plays "Catch me if you can" game with the Pappies :rofl: , when we get back but he seems to go for about 1hr. He did that after we got back from the Endurance Trial

Yup havecwet weather pants :)

Jett and I did 8.5kms today avg again at 13kmph, she is superfit and having a ball. The grounds were flooded today but she ran through the water without hesitating, I was soaked by the time we finished, it wasn't raining so didn't wear wet gear but the water splashing got me sweat pants and bike seat soaked.

All going well with training here, still riding every day, although had to don some snowboarding gear the other morning as it was 0 degrees when we went for our morning ride. Not that Cash cares about the cold, he just motors on no matter what.

I have been trying for 3 or 4 days to ring the contact for the ET to make sure they recieved my entries and have got no answer, I have tried leaving a message and no reply. The entries have now closed so if they haven't recieved them it will be to late to send them again :(

Fingers crossed it is all okay....

Yup havecwet weather pants :)

Jett and I did 8.5kms today avg again at 13kmph, she is superfit and having a ball. The grounds were flooded today but she ran through the water without hesitating, I was soaked by the time we finished, it wasn't raining so didn't wear wet gear but the water splashing got me sweat pants and bike seat soaked.

Hey TrinaJ :) I am happy to lend my wet/wind jacket & pants if you know some-one who may need a pair, I will be happy to send with you for the trial you are doing :)

Okay so I hedged by bets with Jett and her ridiculously short seasons and I entered her into the Dali ET as well. So today we did the vet check for soundness etc and she passed with flying colours so all going well and no sprained ankles :laugh: we will be doing the ET on Saturday!!!! :crossfingers:

Edited by TrinaJ

I have been trying for 3 or 4 days to ring the contact for the ET to make sure they recieved my entries and have got no answer, I have tried leaving a message and no reply. The entries have now closed so if they haven't recieved them it will be to late to send them again :(

Fingers crossed it is all okay....

When l contacted ours to confirm we would be cycling it took several nights before l managed to reach her, just keep trying and at different times too.

Good luck for Saturday TrinaJ :D :D

Edited by Sir Sniffalot