Endurance Test 2011 Thread

Murve, it was great to meet you and your beautiful fur kids today.

The Grounds at KCC Park were boggy and hard to cycle through, each lap in the grass got harder and harder as we cycled through it. I hope it improves by next weekend, with just 3 of us cycling it was bad enough, can't even begin to think how awful it will get with 15-20 cyclists doing 20 laps .....

Sorry to hear about the ground conditions at KCC.

Crapper of a day at work, I had no hope and no chance of gettig to KCC this morning.

Hope you all worked well under the circumstances.

M

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Murve, it was great to meet you and your beautiful fur kids today.

The Grounds at KCC Park were boggy and hard to cycle through, each lap in the grass got harder and harder as we cycled through it. I hope it improves by next weekend, with just 3 of us cycling it was bad enough, can't even begin to think how awful it will get with 15-20 cyclists doing 20 laps .....

It's great putting faces to names :laugh: Love your babies toooo

Your not wrong about the grassed area we are suppose cover :(

we will need at least a week of good sunshine for it to dry out :eek: not holding my breath on the week of sunshine

Oh Jet paced lovely, I think she did well having other dogs in front & behind her :)

Edited by murve

Abbiestar we will be there again Monday next week and you are more than welcome to join us :)

I did 6kms with Jett *LOL* she would pull me around the whole circuit if I let her, she is having a ball. She was chasing Orlando for a couple of laps but then settled down nicely.

Murve, thank you for your lovely comments about Jett, Bandit and Nova, they all enjoyed meeting you and Orlando and your little pap (cant remember the name sorry). Did you manage to get your bike out of your car ok?

The weather forecast for the rest of the week is meant to be fine, but this is Melbourne so you never can tell. Then we still have to hope and pray that next week is okay..... :shrug: regardless I am going to enjoy myself and actually continue biking her even after the ET, she is really enjoying it :)

Abbiestar we will be there again Monday next week and you are more than welcome to join us :)

I did 6kms with Jett *LOL* she would pull me around the whole circuit if I let her, she is having a ball. She was chasing Orlando for a couple of laps but then settled down nicely.

Murve, thank you for your lovely comments about Jett, Bandit and Nova, they all enjoyed meeting you and Orlando and your little pap (cant remember the name sorry). Did you manage to get your bike out of your car ok?

The weather forecast for the rest of the week is meant to be fine, but this is Melbourne so you never can tell. Then we still have to hope and pray that next week is okay..... :shrug: regardless I am going to enjoy myself and actually continue biking her even after the ET, she is really enjoying it :)

Yes TrinaJ I still have a soft spot for Rotties, If I had a larger property I would have another Rottie & I know where I would get one from, no guesses there :D .

I did get my bike out no probs :D , next week I will just bring Orlando so no crate :laugh:

thats ok not remembering our little girls name (Malika is her name) :)

Yes I do agree Orlando loves going out, I need to work Malika a lot more but I will do that after we have got Orlando's ET :D

Fingers crossed for the weather to stay good for us.....

slightly :offtopic: TrinaJ I just showed your web site to my parnter he has fallen in love with Jet & would love a pup out of her :)

He may come over & meet you & her next week, he thinks she is much like our Teddy, the one I told you about (shoulders same height at dinning room table) :)

I look forward to meeting him. We won't be having a litter until 2012, she won't be mated again until after March. I will be happy to discuss things with you both closer to her mating :)

I look forward to meeting him. We won't be having a litter until 2012, she won't be mated again until after March. I will be happy to discuss things with you both closer to her mating :)

yep cool with us :D

I apologise TrinaJ, I looked at my speedo this morning it actually read 6k's :( cause I did not clear monday's run of the speedo till this morning.

This morning Orlando & I covered 9k's with an adverage speed of 11.5k's :laugh:

it was interesting I took Orlando around the lake at Lakeside :eek: , waterbirds everywhere (ducks & other waterfowel),they got Orlando's attention but I made him concertrate of the job at hand, he then settled :D :D .

Well done Murve, Jett and I rode 7kms today and there were other people out walking their dogs, Ibis flying around which like Orlando, got het attention. We went up hills, on grass and along gravel average speed 12.6kmph. I am extremely happy with her recovery time. It does take her around 3kms to settle down and get down to work.

I do 7kms of biking then around 4kms of walking. Lewis doesn't seem to have a recovery time as, well, he doesn't pant or look tired at all, his heart rate is up slightly for a short time. Usually we come back to the house (we are on a farm and the house yard is 5 acres) and I take his collar off and he is usually running around playing with Rommi and will go on to chase the ball flat out until I call a halt as he is THEN puffing and panting.

He doesn't even seem to want a drink after the 7 km ride and 4 km walk and only does because I tell him too.

Hope that means he is getting enough exercise???????

We walk on the off day, so ride and walk one day, walk and play chase each other and the ball around the 5 acres on the other day.

Edited by OSoSwift

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have just had the fortnight from hell, Mother's Day I had a drug addict who decided to play chicken thru the traffic on Parramatta Rd and ran into the side of my car damaging the wing, bonnet and putting his head thru the windscreen.....

Having no car hasn't help me with training the Diva as I have come down with the virus that gives you a bad cough and aching joints. So after 10 days of no work or any real exercise eldest son offer to take the Diva for a bike ride to the park. Stupid me said okay, not thinking to say take her steady, well when the Diva came home she could barely stand, and this morning is so stiff I think she has pulled a muscle. Now having to find a dog physiotherapist as the local one who only works on Sunday's is also on holiday for a month.

Not happy Jan, but at least I hope to have the car back by Friday....

Oh no, how awful.

I hope you are geting better, try some zinc it can help you get rid of a virus more quickly.

Poor diva, I am not sure on dog dosing but magnesium can help with sore muscles, maybe see if you can find a vet experienced in the use of natural therapies. Thank goodness you were not severly injuerd in the car accident how horrendous, bloody moron.

We are sending you lots of get well vies and also to poor Diva. Goodluck.

I've just realised this year is the last year one of my dogs could do the ET, as she turns 8 later in the year (can't believe she's turning 8!). She's a fairly motivated dog and is currently trialling in obedience but I can't say I'd call her fit. She could probably do 2 or 3kms at the right speed currently.

Have I left it too late? She enjoys running with the bike and I have the luxury of being home through the day all but one day a week. Honest opinions appreciated

How far away is the trial??

Years ago a friend of mine had a rather energetic Dobe that she decided to start trainin around 3 weeks before the actual trial- or maybe two, not sure- anyway she passed easily as she got quite a bit of exercise normally. Oh and she'd had a litter around 12 weeks before the ET.

I've just realised this year is the last year one of my dogs could do the ET, as she turns 8 later in the year (can't believe she's turning 8!). She's a fairly motivated dog and is currently trialling in obedience but I can't say I'd call her fit. She could probably do 2 or 3kms at the right speed currently.

Have I left it too late? She enjoys running with the bike and I have the luxury of being home through the day all but one day a week. Honest opinions appreciated

Hi ish,

I don't think you have left it too late. Just build her up slowly.. Very important to do this slowly and not overdo it. Dogs can recover amazingly fast, and the 20 minute rest breaks between the three legs of the ET are invaluable for the dogs, (and for some handlers too!)

M