Endurance Test 2011 Thread

Will have to invest in some of those gloves too Abbiestar. I piked today, too bloody cold for me, besides I had a massage this morning :D was too relaxed after that to go for a ride....

Thanks for the offer Murve, I have a large bottle so I am right for now :) Very nice of you to offer to get some for me though. Your boy is gorgeous :love: On Monday morning I will be the one in the black Toyota Kluger with the ROTTN1 number plates, will have the dog trailer as well and will be parked near where we do herding trials (large off lead area) next to the pavillion. Will be there between 9.30 and 10am depending on how long it takes me to get organised in the morning.

:thumbsup: Cool I will be in a dark blue Ford AU3 Station wagon, cant miss me, I have a masive celtic design sticker across the tailgate window with a Pappy & Whippet stickers :D

Can't guarantee it, but if I can get there I will. Will be in a silver Mercedes-Benz wagon with "VIZ" number plates.

M

That would be great if you can join us Abbiestar :D

I will bring Malika as well, just to give her a short burst

I think having a few of us there we can help each other in particular with encouragement

What do you guys think???

sounds great to me also, the more the merrier :D

When I called the trail secretary, she told me that it was starting at the gravel, just as you enter the grounds, going up behing the pavilion and then onto the bituman and back to the gravel again 1km loop. THe grass at the moment there is so wet and boggy, I hate that section.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know TrinaJ, we train there every week it's ##*** horrible, we have dogs in my class that refuse to drop & they a lot hairier than Orlando :rofl:

my boy does cause I have trained him to drop in the wet, an old german milatary dog trainer told me the secret how to do it :D

just not looking forward riding through the wet grass :eek:

Willingness test - can anyone point me in the direct as to what is required ? We only started obedience in March with view to doing the ET and have just move into class 3, not sure if we have covered what is expected on the day ???

Willingness test - can anyone point me in the direct as to what is required ? We only started obedience in March with view to doing the ET and have just move into class 3, not sure if we have covered what is expected on the day ???

Hope this helps Sir Sniffalot :D

Just read through the Rules of Conduct for ET here is it word for word

The Willingness test consist of heeling forward a short distance, followed by a right about turn and continued heeling for a short distance before comingto a halt. It is not necessary for the dog to sit. The dog must show a willingness to remain with and obey the handler. The heeling is to be followed by a short recall, on or off lead. The judge shall keep in mind that this is a test of the dog's willingnes to work & obey the handler, not an obedience test. if the dog works off lead prior to the 20k's he then must repeat this test agian at the end.

Hi Sir Sniffalot,

There is really nothing to worry about with the willingness test. It used to be called an "obedience" test, but the terminology was changed to "willingness test" as the level of competence is somewhat downgraded to what is required in an obedience test.

As the name suggests, the judge is looking for the dog's "willingness" to follow your instruction. You can compete on lead, you can command and double command, and you can use your hands to physically sit or stand your dog.

As a judge, I want to see that the dog is willing to work for you and is capable of following instruction. Even with assistance.

You will be asked to perform a short heeling pattern with a right about turn and a halt. The dog should sit, and you can command and assist the dog in doing this. You will also be asked to do a short recall on or off lead (ALWAYS CHOOSE ON LEAD!!!!). That is it. Same test before and after the run.

At level 3 obedience you will be fine.

M

Good morning everybody :D who has been game enough to face the horried weather in Melb???

I beat the cold hands this morning ;) I pinched my daughters snowboarding gloves :D

We came back nice & dry except for the face, Orlando pulled up good as well :laugh:

We just got back from 6km's in the rain :( our first real chance to try wet grass, puddles and riding into wind and rain. Not much fun but we can tick that off now.

Know the feeling :( the wet grass is not fun :eek:

We did 5km this morning, slighly hilly and Jett was lifting her leg on bushes as we went past which was a but of a pain in the butt *lol* must have been other dogs out before us. Getting padded bike shorts to wear under my clothes on this weekend.

:) OK - you guys have shamed me into it. Finally got organised to put the bike on the car this morning and go do some training using a bike path and closed off road along a river foreshore in the northern suburbs - nice - but quite a lot is along a main highway, and being alongside the river, the wind was freezing this morning - and I couldn't find my gloves. :eek: Only showers though, not rain.

Anyway, did about 5 km loop - with both dogs - bit of grass, mosly concrete and bitumen, then put 9 yo Kirra back in the car (to her disgust - could hear the tantrum as I rode away :laugh: ) and did another 6 with Rory, including quite a bit of gravel. He did really nicely today - starts to break into a canter at about 13.5 kph,, but otherwise gaiting effortlessly, bless him.

Problem I have is just finding time to train - in between his obedience and showing commitments, Kirra's agility commitments - and I have to do some Track & Search training with her, and Tracking with him. Hmmm - maybe my dogs are over-committed - but hey, we're all enjoying it. :D

Sounds like everyones doing really well :)

We've had a good week, been very cold of a morning we've had a good frost most mornings, but rugging up in my snowboarding gear and beanie has helped, although I shed a layer after a few laps! We've done between 3.5 and 7 kms every day this week at home, and will do a 13.5 km ride tomorrow morning at the bike track, and depending on how he feels, 3.5 or 5kms on Sunday at home. Cash is getting very fit, after our ride we do another 30 mins of free running and some fetch, general obedience and recall stuff, and he's still ready to go. We do another 30 minutes in the afternoon/night with a walk practicing heeling.

Hoping hubby will come out for a ride soon too - I'll have to get the border collie a bit fitter on some shorter rides at home I think so we can both take a dog.

ooohhh I hate wet grass :( went riding thriugh the local High school earlier dam near had to walk even though it had been mowed. but then found some well manucured lawn oh it was much better even though our speed feel to about 6k's. So I think we will definately have to work on that :)

Glad about one thing Orlando will happyly work in the rain, for a Whippet :rofl:

We did 5km this morning, slighly hilly and Jett was lifting her leg on bushes as we went past which was a but of a pain in the butt *lol* must have been other dogs out before us. Getting padded bike shorts to wear under my clothes on this weekend.

Hey TrinaJ was out at Kcc Park this morning for Obedience training, the gravel was fine, the grass was bloody slush underfoot :eek: we might find it a little hard pushing the bikes through, but I am still happy to go & train anyway :)

Hey TrinaJ was out at Kcc Park this morning for Obedience training, the gravel was fine, the grass was bloody slush underfoot :eek: we might find it a little hard pushing the bikes through, but I am still happy to go & train anyway :)

Hi, murve, trinaj et al,

just to confirm, unfortunately won't make it to KCC on Monday.

Big day ahead at work.

Good luck, stay warm!

M

Murve, it was great to meet you and your beautiful fur kids today.

The Grounds at KCC Park were boggy and hard to cycle through, each lap in the grass got harder and harder as we cycled through it. I hope it improves by next weekend, with just 3 of us cycling it was bad enough, can't even begin to think how awful it will get with 15-20 cyclists doing 20 laps .....

Not sure if I can fit the ET in this year but Mr TSD bought me a bike today for my birthday :thumbsup: So no excuses now :laugh:

There are are few ET's with entries still open.....

Happy to provide details if you are keen.

M