Endurance Test 2011 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have just had the fortnight from hell, Mother's Day I had a drug addict who decided to play chicken thru the traffic on Parramatta Rd and ran into the side of my car damaging the wing, bonnet and putting his head thru the windscreen.....

Having no car hasn't help me with training the Diva as I have come down with the virus that gives you a bad cough and aching joints. So after 10 days of no work or any real exercise eldest son offer to take the Diva for a bike ride to the park. Stupid me said okay, not thinking to say take her steady, well when the Diva came home she could barely stand, and this morning is so stiff I think she has pulled a muscle. Now having to find a dog physiotherapist as the local one who only works on Sunday's is also on holiday for a month.

Not happy Jan, but at least I hope to have the car back by Friday....

Glad that you are OK. What a terrible experience.

Some words of wisdom from a dear old friend who sadly is no longer with us.... "I woke up this morning, IT'S A GOOD DAY!"

M

Oh I forgot to mention guys, I paced our Pappy (Malika)at the park last Mon after I did Orlando, got her up 10.5k's over 1k :thumbsup: I was to knacked to go any further after trying to push through the grass :eek:

Oh I forgot to mention guys, I paced our Pappy (Malika)at the park last Mon after I did Orlando, got her up 10.5k's over 1k :thumbsup: I was to knacked to go any further after trying to push through the grass :eek:

When you get to the grass section, use your bike's lowest gears. It will make the pedalling much easier, then when back on gravel/bitumen change the gears up to a middle gear.

M

Quick question. Can you talk to your dog while gaiting?? E.g asking them to stready if they are getting ahead, or just talking to them to keep them happy, or if they are looking a bit puffed???? I know you cannot tighten their lead to get them to drop back but is using steady okay?

Quick question. Can you talk to your dog while gaiting?? E.g asking them to stready if they are getting ahead, or just talking to them to keep them happy, or if they are looking a bit puffed???? I know you cannot tighten their lead to get them to drop back but is using steady okay?

Hi OsoSwift,

Yes, you can talk to your dog. Remember, it is NOT an obedience trial. Verbal encouragement and correction is fine.

Have you entered a test?

M

Thank you Abbiestar for the advise I will try & remember that :) , still getting use to this gear stuff of which gears are best for which terrane :D

if I keep plodding along with Malika I might have her ready for the ET at Sale just before she comes into season :crossfingers:

Oh and Murve - well done to your little Pappy, can't wait to see the vid one day - Ultra ccuuttee!

Thanks OSS for the support :) , we only covered 1k at 10.5 k's it's going to take time to build her up but as Abbiestar has said "slow & steady wins the race"

For the next week will be concerntraiting on Orlando, our trial is on the 28th, after that I will then work on Malika :D

Hi OsoSwift,

Yes, you can talk to your dog. Remember, it is NOT an obedience trial. Verbal encouragement and correction is fine.

Have you entered a test?

M

Ours is the 18th of June, so am about to send entries off :)

Hopefully I don't forget myself and sing too loudly under my breathe :o

Oh and Murve I think that 1km at 10.5kms is fantastic for a little Pap, that is a long way for those little legs!

Edited by OSoSwift

Ours is the 18th of June, so am about to send entries off :)

Hopefully I don't forget myself and sing too loudly under my breathe :o

Oh and Murve I think that 1km at 10.5kms is fantastic for a little Pap, that is a long way for those little legs!

Good Luck!

M

Thank you Abbiestar for the advise I will try & remember that :) , still getting use to this gear stuff of which gears are best for which terrane :D

if I keep plodding along with Malika I might have her ready for the ET at Sale just before she comes into season :crossfingers:

Are you entering a second ET as a back up? In case she comes into season?

If you do, and she passes the first test, you can still compete in the second.

And the gears are easy to remember. Uphill/Tough terrain = LOW gears, Downhill/easy = High gears, Middle ground = middle gears.

M

I have entered Viszla club for Orlando, I am looking at Sale on the 2nd July for Malika, she will be due to come into season around the 5th July, thats also if I have her up to condition :D

If she is ready by GSD Trial, might stick her in that one instead, we will see, if not we will look at Sale it will be a long day, up out of bed about & leave by 5.00 am :eek: , being a 2 hr drive to Sale but thats nothing for me to do. I am keeping my options open at this piont of time with Malika :laugh:

I can't wait til next week!!! I am so looking forward to it :)

I got my vet check form back today so am getting Jett checked by the vet on Friday, then the ET the following day. I hope the weather will be kind to us

How exciting :)

I am about to send my entries off next week. Still trying to find accomodation for all of us, hopefully we can get that sorted very soon.

Which ET are you entering???