Does Your Oh Have His/her Own Dog?

Bubitty

When the dogs are well behaved, they are my dogs. :)

....When they are naughty, they belong to OH. " Your naughty dog has done so & so" :)

Sorry, couldn't help it :thumbsup::laugh:

:D

Later in the evening watching TV when one of the dogs starts whining to go out OH or I will turn to each other and say, "YOUR dog needs to go to the toilet, you better let him out" :D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My OH loves our dogs. Does everything with them, cuddles, plays, feeds, walks, I get the fun jobs like training, grooming and bathing but if I really need him too he will do that as well.

I would say Alchemy is the closest we have to his dog but a lot of the time she will leave him for me.

He was over the moon when we decided to get him is very own Bullmastiff puppy to show. He had the name picked out and even what he would be wearing in the ring :D

So if he has his Bullmastiff puppy when are you getting your Affie? :laugh:

That one is still in the discussion phase :thumbsup:

I might have to keep taking out my need for Affie cuddles on your lovely Lochie for now :)

When the dogs are well behaved, they are my dogs. :)

....When they are naughty, they belong to OH. " Your naughty dog has done so & so" :D

Sorry, couldn't help it :thumbsup::laugh:

:D

Later in the evening watching TV when one of the dogs starts whining to go out OH or I will turn to each other and say, "YOUR dog needs to go to the toilet, you better let him out" :D

Absolutely corrie.

Or when one dog "drops a mintie" it must be OH's dog that did it :)

We have dogs, I have dogs, he has dogs. We both claim ownership of both of them, although both are in my name. :thumbsup: He pays a lot of the vet bills, feeds them half the time, does his best to adhere to my training methods and teaches them fun tricks, and we usually walk them together. He buys them toys if he sees one he likes. I buy the online stuff. He helps me bath Kivi and will bath Erik on his own, but all the brushing is up to me. He cuddles them both probably more than I do! But I play with them more. He tries to sneak them on the bed when I'm asleep or away. I grumble about him messing up my training cues with sloppy criteria, but really I'm just glad he takes an active role in their lives. He adores them and couldn't imagine life without them. My dad can't be relied upon to look after the dogs that live at his house. He doesn't even know what they eat. I love that my OH doesn't need me to tell him how to look after the animals if I leave for a few days. He says they are his responsibility, too.

My OH has his own BC and I own the other BC and GSD. I use the term OH owns loosely because I am the one who cares for the dogs including his. Does it annoy me? Absolutely and I have told him he had better start contributing to the care all the dogs or I will rehome his to a friend that wants him lol

My dad can't be relied upon to look after the dogs that live at his house. He doesn't even know what they eat. I love that my OH doesn't need me to tell him how to look after the animals if I leave for a few days. He says they are his responsibility, too.

Me too. I can go away for a week or more and it's just business as usual for the dogs.

I am the one who tends to look after the worming and flea/tick treatment schedule though. Not because the OH can't or won't, I'm just a bit more anal and am more inclined to mark it all up on the calendar. He'd just try to remember.

Nope they are my dogs. Although OH does look after them well when I go away he doesn't really have much to do with them when I'm around.

He says he is still cranky I went out and got Daisy without discussing it with him. I say I did discuss it. I said "have a look at this gorgeous Shih Tzu puppy picture that a breeder just sent me". He said "looks like a ball of fluff". I said " I think she's my next baby". He said nothing........Daisy arrived four weeks later :laugh:

He says she is ugly but sometimes I come around the corner and he is there giving her a pat and sharing food. He had a Boston Terrier x Jack Russell (?) when we first got together, now that was an unfortunate looking dog :rofl:

I would be seriously pissed off if the OH just bought an animal into our house without it being a mutual decision.

My OH doesn't care what dogs I have really, they are my dogs and my responsibility. He just says she is not manly enough for him. He knew we were getting another dog but as I didn't get any input as to what breed I chose.

When OH and I got married and moved into our new house, I was miserable for months because I left my childhood dog with my mum. (I am an only child, didn't want to take the only dog away from mum as well!)

We were talking for months about getting a puppy but it was definitely me that initiated it because OH has never had a dog and I don't think he would've gotten one on his own.

Although Codi is in my name, I would say that it's OUR dog. Codi is a mummy's boy and will always come to me for cuddles and unfortunately come find me if he's in trouble. Haha. OH had no idea what to expect (other than what I educated him about) and as it turns out, Codi is very different to other dogs I've had!

We share responsibilities when it comes to bathing, feeding, walking and training. I probably groom Codi more but OH is always there to help as I need another set of hands! He comes with me to all training sessions and we always do things together.

I think somewhere along the lines I may have turned him into a little bit of a dog nut too because he talks to Codi like I do! Hehe.

We agree completely on discipline but oh is more of a fuss pot than me when it comes to health. He is very paranoid about them and is a bit trigger happy with taking them to the vets etc.

Funny story I must share. OH came home one day, I was in the kitchen cooking with Bitty. First thing he said was "my gorgeous girl I owe you a cuddle don't I?"

I was so please and made a move to get my cuddle only to find him on the floor kissing Bitty and telling her she was his pretty girl etc. I was so embarrassed I went back to cooking!

Same in our household..dogs get far more loving from OH than I do! Mind you, it makes me all warm inside when I see my OH loving our two...shows I picked a goodun!

Le boy and I met through this forum. He's probably a bigger dog nerd than I am, he's very involved in dog sports etc where as I focus more on the grooming. He's got me hooked on training and my next dog is going to be an obedience and agility dog, whereas Tucky and Bam were pets only.

He's very upset with me at the moment as when I come over, Barkly always comes straight to me, walking past him without so much as a sniff. LOL. :heart: I'd die if Tucky start preferring him over me! The pup is going to be in my name, but he's already offered to take care of it for the first couple of weeks until he/she is fully vaccinated and can start coming to work with me.

I could never be with someone who didn't love dogs. The ex and I got T together and both adore him. Luckily we're still the best of friends, and can live together without any problems, so Tucky still has both his parents even though we broke up years ago!

OH Dog lovers are so useful in wet weather I am finding!

Every night they beg to be let out for a game and come back with black faces, paws, bums when we dont supervise them. OH is doing mud duty superbly!

He records them while he wipes them down and gives them lectures on what dirty animals they are! :heart:

we have two beagles that my OH tolerates. A year ago for Christmas my OH bought me a staffy I had seen at Blacktown pound.She is supposed to be my dog :thumbsup: But absolutely adores the OH.Every afternoon when she hears his car coming around the corner she bolts to the front door and greets him .she wakes him up every morning for breakfast,tells him when it's time to play,go for a walk,bark at the possum etc.

on many occasions I have overheard him tell her he loves her and she is his girl.He is completely under her paw :thumbsup: It's a love affair.We all sleep together and she is always on his side of the bed. I've told him dog no.4 will be mine!!!!!!!!!

My husband has Benson. He didn't deliberatly set out to have Benson but Benson decided it for both of them. Wherever my husband is, you can be sue Bensons close by. He waits on my husbands side of the bed for him to get out of the shower each morning. If husband sleeps on the couch, Benson sleeps on the other couch.

Husband chooses bickies to buy for himself according to what Benson likes.

He loves all the dogs to the point where he was very agreeable to moving out of town to give the dogs a better lifestyle, but Benson loves him best.

My husband has Benson. He didn't deliberatly set out to have Benson but Benson decided it for both of them. Wherever my husband is, you can be sue Bensons close by. He waits on my husbands side of the bed for him to get out of the shower each morning. If husband sleeps on the couch, Benson sleeps on the other couch.

Husband chooses bickies to buy for himself according to what Benson likes.

He loves all the dogs to the point where he was very agreeable to moving out of town to give the dogs a better lifestyle, but Benson loves him best.

Gayle, I have been lamenting to anyone who would listen about why Bitty loves OH best when I spent so much time raising her as a baby.

Everyone told me that my problem is that she is a girl and I should get a boy next time (Bubby does love me best!). But with what you say about Benson, perhaps it is just a dog thing?