Australian Floods

Steve

Those were the photos I was most impressed with too.

Abit of a drought here at the moment, only 46mil yesterday, been averaging 50 to 75ml (2 to 3 inches) daily, raining again today, up to 300mil forecast before the weekend is out.

The roos are pretty smart. As I was leaving my house during the flood, there was a roo going around and around in the water, getting more and more exhausted. I felt so sorry for the poor thing.. I left the gate to my yard open, hoping it would find it's way onto my verandah.... and it did. Two days later, my boss went past in a gravel truck, checking water levels, and he spotted the roo camped on the verandah.

Trying to add a picture of the area...if this works, my house is in about the middle, opposite the little church. The Gore Highway goes right through the middle (though you'd never guess!!).

post-18621-1294659112_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup: Wow. :thumbsup:

I cannot imagine how QLDers are feeling. It was devastating here in 07 when we had ONE weekend of massive flooding. (When the Pasha Bulka ship ran aground in Newie.) To cop weeks of it is simply beyond words.

Seeing the pics is enough to make you take a step back from the trivial stuff you get yourself worked up over day to day, and appreciate what you do have.

My heart goes out to anyone affected...

The roos are pretty smart. As I was leaving my house during the flood, there was a roo going around and around in the water, getting more and more exhausted. I felt so sorry for the poor thing.. I left the gate to my yard open, hoping it would find it's way onto my verandah.... and it did. Two days later, my boss went past in a gravel truck, checking water levels, and he spotted the roo camped on the verandah.

Trying to add a picture of the area...if this works, my house is in about the middle, opposite the little church. The Gore Highway goes right through the middle (though you'd never guess!!).

post-18621-1294659112_thumb.jpg

Wow, Gallomph, :thumbsup: it must be so hard to deal with what is happening to your home and that of friends, but I can't help but be amazed at the courage everyone in this situation is showing and how well they all seem to be dealing with it. So glad you are safe and I hope that you don't loose anything that can't be replaced. Thinking of you all and stay safe.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. I was lucky compared to all those further north. Only half a metre of water through the house, a big cleanup job, the house is now empty and clean, and I'm back "camping" in it. Have power but no hot water, stove, washing machine or any furniture to speak of. (It wasn't all ruined - have put what was saved into storage for now until the situation settles.)

The worst thing is we've just had heaps more rain and the river is rising again. I've just finished packing stuff into the ute ready to evacuate again if need be.