Showering With Your Dog

I have once with Kyojin, and after trying to wash him in the yard etc at other times, I've come to realise just how awesome washing him in the shower with me is. We have one of those hose shower heads, which makes it really easy. And much easier to contain him. Not to mention, I don't have to worry about washing him and then having grass and dirt get stuck to his feet as we're heading back to the garage to use the force dryer.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shower with one of mine, only because I can't keep him out! He sits at the bottom of the shower and just waits for his turn. Usually I prefer doing him in the laundry tub but I can never resist the face. ;)

One of our cockatiels used to love sitting in the shower on the railing. Said bird also hijacked the sink during the dishes!

:D Yep me and three westies in the bathroom`and shower with the handheld shower head after a trip to the beach yesterday - contained all our sand - and I used their EPO shampoo too! (Vet Grade of course! :heart:) Gorgeous stuff! Better than mine by far! :cheer:

Yep Ive been known to shower with my poodles....Ive often wanted to try their shampoo...prolly works better than mine!

I'm amazed at how many people shower with their dogs! It's my preferred method for bathing them. Saves the back a bit and is nice and warm for them in winter.

My mum always used to advise me against it because she didn't want the drains clogging up with hair, but I haven't had that problem!

I used to till I got my hydro bath. Hydros come in handy for humans too. When we had no power because of the bushfires, my OH rigged up a shower over the hydro, we have a small hot water system next to it and ran that with the genny. Tarp as a shower screen and bobs your uncle.

136_3670.jpg

136_3673.jpg

We used to wash Kuma in the ensuite - we have the hand held on the showerhead, so it was easy. The ensuite is rather cramped but the shower stall is reasonably sized. End up saturated - me, the dog, the bathroom!

Took him to a hydrobath at the local petstock on Saturday and ended up almost as wet! With the hydrobath he ends up clean and soft, but his whites aren't as shiny as when we do it at home. Think we may have to jerry-rig up something in the bathroom and get a force dryer.

laneka - awesome setup!

Definately no dog showers here.. volentarily anyway, I use the shower for them but thet do not like it lol!!

My SIL had a rotty that loved the shower, if you didn't lock the door he would jump up and release the door handle and invite himself in :love:

and the funnist thing I ever heard was my MIL screams when she turned around and opened her eyes and the dog was right there, it was a shower over the bath so not much room inbetween :laugh:

I manage a salon and still wash the dog in the shower at home. He's a pain in the ass to wash, hates water. If he has the slightest inkling that he might be involved with the bathroom he'll run a mile! So it's nice being able to close the shower door and him not be able to escape. He'll just jump outta the hydro. Lol.

Guest english.ivy

I've washed Badger in the shower once, he liked it but I found it really hard to not get his head/ears wet. Don't like getting water in his ears. Don't have access to add a shower head thingy, but have one of those in the bath tub.

Most of the time now it's a shower under the garden hose.

My mum always used to advise me against it because she didn't want the drains clogging up with hair, but I haven't had that problem!

Oh important point! I have to use Draino semi-regularly to keep ours running freely. My hair + dog fur must be too much.

I haven't actually showered with them, but I was having a nice relaxing bubble bath with my head back , eyes closed, and heard a sound. Yep, there was a little dog trying to climb over the top of the bath. When I told her 'no' she went away..... Only to come back with the other JRT and both stood on their back legs staring at me waiting for the invite. And no that didn't happen.

But I think i will try out the shower...

Bianca goes into the shower, but the stall is a bit small, so she has to bend in the middle to fit in. We have a hand held shower which makes it easy. I don't go in there with her, but I strip down to the undies and we both get pretty wet.

I'm still hoping someone will remember that I'd like a setup like my sister's for a present. She has hot/cold water tap outside with a hose and hand held showerhead attached. She washes the rotties on the deck so the water falls thru. I'd put Bianca on a ramp to save my back, but basically the same. So easy.

I'm surprised ( shocked even ) how many people shower with their dog. I've never heard of anyone doing that. Maybe they've just never admitted to doing it.

I don't think it's so much 'showering with your dog' as it is 'washing the dog in the shower'.

In my case, I've washed both dogs in the shower (and yes, learnt to do them seperately :confused: ). Both my dogs love the shower, I don't see it as weird or shocking :thumbsup:

BTW: they were washed on the weekend.............outside under the hose. I'm lucky that they love that, too :thumbsup:

I'm surprised ( shocked even ) how many people shower with their dog. I've never heard of anyone doing that. Maybe they've just never admitted to doing it.

I don't think it's so much 'showering with your dog' as it is 'washing the dog in the shower'.

In my case, I've washed both dogs in the shower (and yes, learnt to do them seperately :cry: ). Both my dogs love the shower, I don't see it as weird or shocking :thumbsup:

BTW: they were washed on the weekend.............outside under the hose. I'm lucky that they love that, too :confused:

I still find it weird that people would wash their dogs in the shower :thumbsup: but what one does in their own house....

Oh important point! I have to use Draino semi-regularly to keep ours running freely. My hair + dog fur must be too much.

So she was right. I'll have to be a bit more careful then!