Monash Vet -

Missymoo

ok was told by a big breeder in my breed that they use Monash for postpradial test and only get charged $25 per pup...

(ive been going to werribee and would prefer not to have to drive all that way)

So I rang to book in my pups and told them that was what other breeder was charged..

was asked name and put on hold..then they came back on told me that was a 'special' price just for other breeder as they use them quite a bit...ummmm ok, so have I? Not recently but ive spent a bit of money there! They are calling back with a price for 'me' :heart:

Im sorry but that is a crock of SHIT!

No doubt they are looking through my files and tallying what ive spent, wtf?

Sorry I dont breed 20 litters a year MONASH....but a test is a test and at least I am doing them...get real!

I've personally found Monash to be much cheaper than my local vets - not to mention much more competent.

Prog testing at my local vet was $20 more than Monash and we would have had to wait 24 hours for the result. Monash provided boarding for my girl so all I had to do was drop her off on the way to work and pick her up on the way home.

C-section at local vet (pre arranged) was quoted at $2000 if all went well. Monash was $1200.

The care and expertise of Monash prevented the loss of my girl's litter because my local vet said she had pyometra and wanted to desex her immediately when all she had was a case of vaginitis.

Monash vets and staff have gone above and beyond the required service on numerous occasions and for someone to bag them because they weren't given the same price as this other breeder is pretty poor to say the least.

I've personally found Monash to be much cheaper than my local vets - not to mention much more competent.

Prog testing at my local vet was $20 more than Monash and we would have had to wait 24 hours for the result. Monash provided boarding for my girl so all I had to do was drop her off on the way to work and pick her up on the way home.

C-section at local vet (pre arranged) was quoted at $2000 if all went well. Monash was $1200.

The care and expertise of Monash prevented the loss of my girl's litter because my local vet said she had pyometra and wanted to desex her immediately when all she had was a case of vaginitis.

Monash vets and staff have gone above and beyond the required service on numerous occasions and for someone to bag them because they weren't given the same price as this other breeder is pretty poor to say the least.

Agree :laugh:

My only issue is twice I was caught out without having their A/H mobile number - NOT THEIR FAULT - WAS MINE - I should have made sure I had the numbers. So I had to go to the Em Clinic in Hallam and pay TWICE the regular fee for Monash with em c sections. Rottweiler was $2100 and 1 yr later with a Pug was $2200 at the EM Clinic - Monash is HALF...Was also caught out with mastitis and had to go to the em clinic, a pain shot and AB's and told to go to my regular vet in the morning - over $300. I was at the door at Monash a few hours later when they opened and while I was explaining what happened the wound burst all over the floor. I went to the em clinic because I thought I had an emergency. The bitch was rushed straight in for surgery and was another $300+.

While Monash looks after my pets the way they do and me - I will be staying with them.

If I was a very good regular customer who was spending money there monthly like many breeders do then I too would be holding out for a discount - "the more you spend the more you save" as the saying goes.

Edited by Andisa

oh I did and have, Micheal Bell and Craigieburn vet will be getting my money. :laugh:

For interest what did they end up charging?

I have no idea what Micheal charges for a Liver Shunt test.

But he charges $44 for C3 + Mirco chipping at Devon Meadows on a Tuesday afternoon approx 2-8pm

(i'm not sure if he gives a discount for a litter, the above was for just 1 pup)

oh I did and have, Micheal Bell and Craigieburn vet will be getting my money. :laugh:

For interest what did they end up charging?

I have no idea what Micheal charges for a Liver Shunt test.

But he charges $44 for C3 + Mirco chipping at Devon Meadows on a Tuesday afternoon approx 2-8pm

(i'm not sure if he gives a discount for a litter, the above was for just 1 pup)

That sounds about right Sway - we have had Michael vacc & chip a couple of litters at Devon Meadows and thats about the price per pup no matter how many in the litter. That is a huge saving compared to ANY other vet i've ever asked.

As for Monash - i've experienced the good, the great and the down right shitty. I won't use them again for repro, i don't use them for day to day issues anymore, but the quality and care they took recently with my boy and his cruciate surgery was fantastic.

Couldn't agree more !!

The expertise at Monash (in particular - Dr Stuart Mason) saw the first ever successful frozen semen AI for my breed in Australia - despite many previous attempts by other breeders using several different vets.

Dr Mark Foley is another incredible asset to the Monash team with his surgical skills & post op aftercare - he performed tibial wedge surgery on one of my girls in April this year and did an amazing job.

I can't speak highly enough of the team at Monash for their care & professionalism & I get sick of people bagging them about what they charge for their services. It's worth every cent as far as I'm concerned.

Couldn't agree more !!

The expertise at Monash (in particular - Dr Stuart Mason) saw the first ever successful frozen semen AI for my breed in Australia - despite many previous attempts by other breeders using several different vets.

Dr Mark Foley is another incredible asset to the Monash team with his surgical skills & post op aftercare - he performed tibial wedge surgery on one of my girls in April this year and did an amazing job.

I can't speak highly enough of the team at Monash for their care & professionalism & I get sick of people bagging them about what they charge for their services. It's worth every cent as far as I'm concerned.

Another vote for Monash from me! I'm a vet nurse of many years and have been using Monash for all my repro work since August last year. I've always had good success with my own clinic but the expertise oof Monash is worth every cent they charge. They have been brilliant! Dr Stuart Mason is wonderful, and has on several occasions come in on his day off to do TCI with my girls.

One of my girls had complications after her caesar and they were available at any time for me to talk to. I have always been given the AH number when I have bitches due to whelp.

What did they want to charge you for the tests MM? It's a law of small business that often the client that spends alot of money gets things done at cost price. If you're not happy you should speak to them directly, Jacinta is the practice manager. I think you'd achieve alot more that way rather than bagging them out on a public forum :hug: