And The Destructo-puppy Winner Issssss...

SpotTheDog

...Gus!!

How do you make your owner come home from work on a Friday and dive straight into a bottle of Penfolds Bin 28?

Open the garage door. Oh noes!! Look at the damage from the rains! My garage floor has an enormous puddle of water!! Oh the mess... Oh the destruction... Oh look at that swathe of mud!! MUD!!! How the hell did that get in here?? It must have washed down the driveway... Oh the mess...

But wait, why is this puddle of water and mud in the centre of my garage? Why doesn't it reach from either door? There's no leak in my ceiling. Did it come in - Dog forbid - under one of the walls??

...here, there are worms in this mud! WTF??

Step up for your star prize, Gus, with a special nomination for minimum effort, maximum impact:

He chewed the spigot off the worm farm.

:o

That is true lab puppy style lillistar!! :D

Yes :):o The first pic was a soft bed- I had held off getting one for her for months, and then a couple of months ago when it was forecasted to rain all week, I bought her one. It lasted 3 days! :D :D :rofl: So, back to old sheets and polar fleece blankets she went! Although when she stayed at my brother's last week, she ate a chunk out of her sheet *eyeroll* Who knows why.

The 2nd pic also happened during a rainy day a few months before the 1st- she pulled all the stuffing out of a toy ball with rope. Thankfully she only chewed on the squeaker it contained that she also pulled out, and didn't eat it :)

I had subtle, sneaky, ninja destruction

puppy I was babysitting pulled the bung out of the back of the air conditioner ... wake up in the morning to turn it off and *squelch ... squelch ... squelch*

2m square puddle ...

luckily it was a rug and not carpet

My boy is also a great contender! Thought it would be ok to leave a 16wk old puppy in the bathroom/laundry while I went to pick kids up from school. He ripped the door frame off and chewed and scratched his way through the door! Serves me right for putting him in there :o bathroom door has since been replaced!

Sounds like a terrible mess :D :o

My puppy Ruby could have been a contender for this award too :rofl:

DSC00929.jpg

disasterarea.jpg

This is a familiar sight! I dont know how many dog beds I have gone through, not to mention antique french lead light doors... They will never be the same again. Labs love to chew ANYTHING!

This was a bed as well - one of Akira's many destructive moments.

27741_505776769329_218800254_195317_495731_n.jpg

Oh and this photo was taken before she chewed the sides of the kennel.

At the moment, her favourite thing is toilet paper, and she has worked out how to open the door to the downstairs bathroom so she can steal it and TP the yard. I have a feeling Halo will be just as bad. :)

Edited by whiskedaway

Eww, naughty Gus.

My nomination (though it was a joint effort) - 10cm x 10cm x 2cm hole in the plaster wall + eaten skirting board

post-2139-1294993471_thumb.jpg

Mine have done all the skirting boards and up the door frames also... we fixed the 30cm round hole in the hallway, but haven't bothered with the 15cm one in the kitchen...

T.

My nomination is...........

DYLAN!!!

Breakout002.jpg

(&, just in case I wasn't certain which of the 11 puppies was responsible, he obligingly poked his nose out when I was taking the picture :hug: )

so..... Remind me again why HE was the one I kept :shrug:

Edited by poodlemum

poodlemum - is that a wall????? At first I thought it was a box! How on earth did they manage that?

The worst dog-induced damage that we have had to the house was when I mistakenly left a brand new Hoover unattended while I had a quick shower. I came back and found that he had gnawed on the blinds:

blinds.jpg

Since then there has been no other dog-damage to the house fortunately :shrug:

Here are a few of mine... thankfully she seems to keep her destructive tendencies outside rather than in!

The shelf in our pergola.

IMG_2689.jpg

Ex-Hound House kennel... a few days later it collapsed because they ate through the bit that holds the roof up :shrug:

wasntme.jpg