Mdba Annual Awards Ceremony

I will be there with Klaus - travelling down from Sydney. Tickets paid for, accomodation books - just got to organise flights.

We attended last year and it was a fabulous occasion and wonderful to meet so many really good people.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We booked our flights several weeks ago due to the fact that reasonable flight times were disappearing very quickly. Marg Coles has changed her mind and has decided to come along also and will be travelling with us, she thoroughly enjoys the night.

The Jika International isn't a huge place, with limited accomodation so anyone wanting to stay at the actual venue will need to book earlier rather than later otherwise accomodation will need to be found further afield. As Steve mentioned earlier, the MDBA has reserved all available accomodation for those attending the Awards.

We have been umming and ahhing over the last few weeks about coming, and today we've bit the bullet and decided we'll definately be there :hug:

Look forward to meeting some dol'ers (I don't know very many, so hopefully we'll have name tags! :rofl: )

Edited by wagsalot

Can someone tell me how the seating works? Are we allocated tables? If I go I don't think I will know anyone which is scary but I would like to support it.

I'd say you can sit with me but thats proabably the worst idea because Im up on stage all night and that would be awful but I promise Ill make sure you sit with someone you will know from here who will look after you - if you tell me you're real name :rofl:

We have been umming and ahhing over the last few weeks about coming, and today we've bit the bullet and decided we'll definately be there :rofl:

Look forward to meeting some dol'ers (I don't know very many, so hopefully we'll have name tags! :rofl: )

And so you should after that terrible incident where you got married at the wrong time last time. :eek:

Will be great to meet up

Julie

We have been umming and ahhing over the last few weeks about coming, and today we've bit the bullet and decided we'll definately be there :laugh:

Look forward to meeting some dol'ers (I don't know very many, so hopefully we'll have name tags! :o )

And so you should after that terrible incident where you got married at the wrong time last time. :o

Will be great to meet up

Julie

Least it gives us a good excuse to head down to Melbourne this year - its right on our 1st wedding anniversary :o

I've paid for our tickets and OH is booking flights tonight :cheer:

JulesP if there's anyone you know attending and you'd like to sit with them just lets know, we've had so many comments about what a great crowd all those attending are that I'm sure you'd have no trouble fitting in. We'd love to see you there.

Can't wait to meet you Suz!

Julie just to clarify, is it assigned seating or can we make up our own tables when we get there?

It is assigned seating. However, if you have preference of who you would like to sit with, you can let them know and they will arrange it.

Lol - from neither of us can afford it to "oh, you're going? I'm going too!". :thumbsup:

Flights, car hire and ticket booked so I'll definitely be there! Who do I need to email about seating arrangements?

Edited by ~*Shell*~

• 3 weeks later...

Seems there are a few Victorian Shar Pei Addicts wanting to attend. I think the count is currently up to about a dozen and rising so I'm guessing there will be a few "wrinklies" there!!

AND.........as HENRY'S pet friendly 5 star B&B @ SHAR PEI Rescue Inc on the glorious Mornington Peninsular is due to open in April, 2011, we would like to offer 2 x separate rooms (one Chinese and one French) to those wanting overnight accommodation.

The Chinese room will accommodate 2 adults (1 x queen size bed) and the French room 3 adults (1 x queen bed and 1 x double sofa bed)

As we will not (officially) be open at that stage, minor renovation (finishing touches) will probably still be going on so please take this into account. No building works will be undertaken during your stay, but you may need to utilise the games room of the family home rather than the lounge room of the B&B to relax in.

Not only will you have full use of the games room (which features an indoor/outdoor pool, full size billards table, 60 inch LCD TV, leather lounge (with Chaise) and bar), you will also have the private outdoor jacuzzi (off the b&B itself) which looks out onto rolling pastures at your disposal.

We would like to offer this on a "highest donation" basis with all proceeds going to Steve for her to allocate to either MDBA or PACERS as per her discretion.

Good luck punters......we Victorians know how to pei-ty, so be prepared!!!

Note: the usual tariff for either room (once completed and operating) will be $300 per night for 2 people-

$50 per extra person per night -

Please PM me your offer and for which room and I will let you know who has been successful on 1/3/11

post-37856-1297590000_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHAR PEI Rescue Inc

Wow! Thank You Thank You. Of course all proceeds will go to Pacers - Thank You !

Ill contact you tomorrow so we can get something up on both websites for you and include it in the program [have to be quick] or the lady doing the program will turn into a pit bull.

Thank You

Julie