2011 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news again for everyone!

We've had a mixed bag this week; managed a second novice pass at our local ribbon trial on Thursday, but it got hot and humid at the trial on Saturday,and I knew going into the ring that Shandy was looking lacklustre, so 3rd place, but NQ. I think we got third for amusement value - Shandy did a flying corgi drop at one point, and I was alerted to her little white feet poking out behind her by the judge snickering!

Only a couple more trials this year, but I'm still hoping to finish Novice this year, if I can keep her enthusiasm up!

Congrats everyone! :) i love reading this thread, and the things people (and their pooches) manage to achieve!!! :)

we had a little success story over the weekend :) we had our first trial away from our home grounds (only our second trial tho) i had concerns that the new environment would take her a little while to adapt to (had a win there thanks to mr FRISBEE lol) i was also worried the heat would be an issue as we have not had much of a chance to train during the day. we used a cool champions cooling coat, and i ended up withdrawing from 2 events in the middle of the day.

in her 2 warmest runs, GD and JD my focus was on her having fun, so if she was uncomfortable, i would just let her do the first 2 and last 2 obstacles and then we would party! she ended up doing really well considering, as she ran happily and only missed 2 jumps JD, but in GD she had a ball as a frame and dog walk were her first 2 obstacles! we missed out on a Q by 4 points, but she had a ball, and did the exclusion perfectly!

on the first day (it was much cooler) we got a Q and 5th in SPD and a DQ in AD due to a sneaky dog walk that i couldn't call her off! (her fav!!) we will work on that!! and on the second day our SPD was over time (poor girl was not impressed with heat) but her first ever SD run we got a Q and 4th :) it was a lot of fun!

i really love the games! we have now had a go at Gamblers, Snooker and Strategic Pairs, and have really enjoyed them!

so while it wasnt great results wise (altho we did come away with 2 Q's so cant complain!) it was a great learning weekend for me and kuda! i have learned a lot about our timing before runs, spotted a couple of issues nice and early so i can work on them for next year, and had a great weekend bonding with my gal! :heart: :D

we have the Bob Sharpe Workshop this weekend which i am really looking forward to, it will give us an opportunity to learn more so we can reflect on the weekend and analyse it a bit more! :) if that makes sense!

Sounds great - and IMO you've got the right attitude in letting the dog have fun and be happy and comfortable, and let the Qs fall where they may. :thumbsup:

Agree completely with Tassie :thumbsup:

It will pay off in the long run

Sounds like you had a brilliant time :D

Dances with Dogs Trainee Judges Mock Trial this morning and Kenz performed a lovely routine that would have seen her pass convincingly an Intermediate Freestyle Routine. Not bad considering I only offered an Intermediate Routine at the last moment (i.e this past week) and I had no idea what I was getting myself in for.

She is a good little girl and loves every moment of it.

Well! What an amazing day we've had - so proud I could burst!!! :happydance2: To put it simply...

Excellent Agility (A) - Q and 4th place

Open Jumping (B) - Q and 3rd place

Masters Jumping (C.) - Q and 7th place overall (1st place 600 height)

Excellent Agility (B) - NQ and 2nd place

The last 3 rounds we ran in literally 4 minutes!!! We were running out of one ring into another so by the time we got to Excellent Agility we were both a bit whacked and I misjudged his speed and pulled him off the line of a jump too early which cost us a Qually. Came away with 2 packs of 4 legs food for our trouble which I use for training. Also 2 great Masters Jumping runs earlier in the day with a mistake from me both times causing Zig to make an error. More importantly than the results I feel like we're really gelling as a team - nothing, just nothing beats that feeling :D Beaten by some ripper dogs/handlers today too :worship:

Whoo hoo! Time for a celebratory drink :cheers: AND Mr TSD is cooking dinner on the coal Weber!

Good on you Ness and Kenzie - great progress in such a short time :thumbsup:

Well! What an amazing day we've had - so proud I could burst!!! :happydance2: To put it simply...

Excellent Agility (A) - Q and 4th place

Open Jumping (B) - Q and 3rd place

Masters Jumping (C.) - Q and 7th place overall (1st place 600 height)

Excellent Agility (B) - NQ and 2nd place

The last 3 rounds we ran in literally 4 minutes!!! We were running out of one ring into another so by the time we got to Excellent Agility we were both a bit whacked and I misjudged his speed and pulled him off the line of a jump too early which cost us a Qually. Came away with 2 packs of 4 legs food for our trouble which I use for training. Also 2 great Masters Jumping runs earlier in the day with a mistake from me both times causing Zig to make an error. More importantly than the results I feel like we're really gelling as a team - nothing, just nothing beats that feeling :D Beaten by some ripper dogs/handlers today too :worship:

Whoo hoo! Time for a celebratory drink :cheers: AND Mr TSD is cooking dinner on the coal Weber!

Good on you Ness and Kenzie - great progress in such a short time :thumbsup:

Well done TSD! :thumbsup:

TSD what a fantastic day and yep will raise a glass to you tonight thumbsup1.gif

Going to brag for Caffy and Snaz who on their first outing in many months came out and won masters jumping. Have already raised a glass for the two of you wink.gif

Thanks gals - hot bath, a glass of red and a lovely dinner finished the day off nicely. As soon as we walked in the door Zig whined and stared pointedly at the freezer for his chicken frame :laugh: Isn't chaining a behaviour amazing - he always gets one after a big training session or after trialling.

Well done Caffy and Snaz - great comeback!!! :cheer:

Woohoo, congrats TSD! :cheer:

Way to go ness and dancing Kenz :):thumbsup:

And congrats Caffy and Snaz on you're masters win! :happydance:

We had our agility trial today and Jess got and Q/2nd in excellent jumping and our first ever Q in open agility! :happydance2:

However, good ol' one bar Jess, had three runs (2x ADX & JDO) where her only fault was one knocked bar. ONE BAR. Oh well, in no rush to get into masters, that's a scary thought. :eek:

Edited by DogSportObsessed

Lots of reasons for raising glasses tonight it seems - way to go TSD - great resutls, and Caffy and Snazzy - woohooo - win in JDM :thumbsup: - and DSO and Jess - great stuff.

Commiserations, kathq - but you and Coco will be on fire when you get back to it, I reckon.

No trials down here this weekend = but I did have a chance to give Mr Rory a little bit of work on the equipment at club today - only the trialling class dogs around, and ke knows all of them, and they know him. He was a good boy - held a SLS, and remembered how to weave - once I remembered that he hadn't seen weavers for something like 6 months or more. :laugh: He's a funny boy - still a bit little red engine - I think I can, I think I can, I know I can - as he goes through - slower at first and then speeding up - but gets faster with each run - nice head down style. It was interesting though to realise how much I take for granted in handling Kirra - she's so hair trigger in reading me, whereas he's still very much the novice. All good fun though.

Thankyou for the brag Ptolomy. It was very sweet, Snazz's first run after being laid off with injury since July....it was ADM and we both had a grin from ear to ear :laugh:

I think Ptolomy is a happy camper tonight...a win in CCD with Strauss and Open with Cider...Brookie cleaned up in UD as well...awesome handlers and dogs :thumbsup: