My First Puppy - Tv Show

Guest bigdogg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you think about the vicks vapour rub?

Recommended to be smeared on garden edging. I wondered about the vicks vapour rub getting on a dog's paws, if their curiosity got past the smell.

And the dog started licking it off.

It's got menthol in it. I looked up pets & toxins on the US ASPCA poison control page. They advised not giving dogs anything containing menthol as it irritates the tissues of mouth & gastrointestinal tract.

I was a bit sensitive to this point, because my tibbie girls use garden edges as their walking tracks, the higher the better!

Edited by mita

I watched the entire show ahhing at the puppies (it's my weakness) and cringing at Roger Ramvet's crap advice. The only useful thing he did show was the annual cost of owning a new dog. Hopefully the high figure will put off a few people whether it was accurate or not.

The show should have been called "How not to raise my puppy" and the saying "The blind leading the blind" comes to mind. :rofl:

I have always said vets know nothing about dogs or dog breeds and Hollywood Brown proves my point to the letter. :rofl:

One would think being a vet Hollywood Brown would know puppies have sensitive hearing and are scared of loud noises, so why the hell would this moron advocate the use of an air horn to scare the crap out of a poor young GSD pup for jumping up on the table when a simple "NO" would do. :rofl::love: I was waiting for the rolled up newspaper to come out. :laugh:

The word "NO" was never used on any pup, something ours are taught from day one. We don't leave things around for the pup to chew and toilet train them which was clearly not the case on this show. :eek:

Our pup sleeps in our bedroom at night, as this is part of the bonding process with plenty of newspaper on the floor of cause. :) All these things are common sense something Hollywood Brown seems to lack, what rhymes with Brown? Clown. :bottom: I rest my case. :laugh:

I watched the entire show ahhing at the puppies (it's my weakness) and cringing at Roger Ramvet's crap advice. The only useful thing he did show was the annual cost of owning a new dog. Hopefully the high figure will put off a few people whether it was accurate or not.

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Raz (or maybe her husband?) came up with Roger Ramvet. The name I call him is the Bondi W*nker as I don't have that much confidence in him as a vet either. Actually I'm dissappointed because I think he could do so much better. You don't see my beloved Bionic Vet looking at the camera whilst standing over the operating table and saying "if we don't do something immediately then this dog is going to be in real trouble!" Der.......

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

Raz (or maybe her husband?) came up with Roger Ramvet.

:laugh::laugh::rofl: It was my husband. I was trying to do the slow mo run around the living room in my red boardies and he asked me to do a Roger Ramvet. My jaw isnt big enough so we both fell apart laughing.

Look I love the guy. I think he's incredibly handsome but he knows jack shit about bringing up a puppy. Infact he probably knows less than Don Burke.

Raz (or maybe her husband?) came up with Roger Ramvet. The name I call him is the Bondi W*nker as I don't have that much confidence in him as a vet either. Actually I'm dissappointed because I think he could do so much better. You don't see my beloved Bionic Vet looking at the camera whilst standing over the operating table and saying "if we don't do something immediately then this dog is going to be in real trouble!" Der.......

Your beloved Bionic Vet?? I don't think so, he's MY Bionic Vet!! :rofl:

I told my OH about Hollywood Brown, he laughed. I said, "But wait.... there's more..... " and finished the sentence with Roger Ramvet.... He laughed that hard he could barely breath. If there were awards for best nicknames given, that'd have to be a winner. Brilliant! :laugh: Did anybody else (in my age group) get the ditty from the orginal stuck in their heads?

"Oh, Roger Ramvet he's our man

Hero of our nation

For his adventures

Stay tuned to our station......" :laugh:

Did anybody else (in my age group) get the ditty from the orginal stuck in their heads?

"Oh, Roger Ramvet he's our man

Hero of our nation

For his adventures

Stay tuned to our station......" :laugh:

Yes :laugh::rofl::rofl: Oh bloody hell I'd love to meet him and belt that out as I shook his hand

What did you think about the vicks vapour rub?

Recommended to be smeared on garden edging. I wondered about the vicks vapour rub getting on a dog's paws, if their curiosity got past the smell.

And the dog started licking it off.

It's got menthol in it. I looked up pets & toxins on the US ASPCA poison control page. They advised not giving dogs anything containing menthol as it irritates the tissues of mouth & gastrointestinal tract.

I was a bit sensitive to this point, because my tibbie girls use garden edges as their walking tracks, the higher the better!

Actually it's the camphor in it that's the real killer.