Scooping Poop

~Storm~

Heya,

I currently in look out for a contraption to pick of dog poop :laugh:

Through Google I have found three that seem quite good (or at least appear to be)

1) SWOOP http://www.pookinuk.com.au/product-selected.asp?productID=416

2) Poopsta http://www.poopsta.com/

3) Scoopex http://www.scoopex.com/

I am leaning towards the Poopsta, but I don't see Aus in their shipping details? I will give them an email. I must say it would look weird carrying that around (even with a shoulder strap haha)

The SWOOP is good, but it essentially does the exact same thing like the Poopsta except it cannot carry the waste (in the compartment) nor can I carry more then one. Though I do like how it is more "lean" (and thus less noticeable).

As for the Scoopex, I like the idea but the site is dodgey and old, not to mention that the don't sell to Aus (not even their free samples). However as I said, I love the idea. It is so simple and I prefer it instead of the "normal" way and it could be more of a secondary device or for emergencys (or when the bin is right next to you). Does anyone know where I could find a device like this here?

What do you guys think of these devices?

And does anyone recommend another device?

Thanks

Edit - Actually looking more into it, the plus of the SWOOP is that it replicates a human hand motion so that you can pick up the waste from any surface, whilst with the Poopsta, it only works on a flat surface and its contraption is more prone to failing because it is more complex (elastic bands etc)...

Edited by ~Storm~

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of them do it for me.

I want something that allows me to pick it up without being so close to it.

You should start breeding these Steve, they will do the job for you (and fast with it! :-D )

Or these :)

post-199-1297381418_thumb.png

Yep, one of those please. :D

I use an old cut down rake and a 5 litre empty plastic acid bottle (attached to a broom handle and cut off at an angle so it makes a scoop - rinsed well first of course).

The plastic rake and scoop is easy to hose off and it doesn't rust with being left out in the weather ... but handles sometimes need replacing when the youngest decides to have a bit of a chomp on the wood.

None of them do it for me.

I want something that allows me to pick it up without being so close to it.

You should start breeding these Steve, they will do the job for you (and fast with it! :-D )

I have a backyard full of those.

Guest english.ivy
We use one of these http://www.saddleworldmaddington.com.au/de...-with-rake.html

Large basket, no bending required, a little exy but in the long run well worth it, made very sturdy and last for years. :laugh:

Why did I not think of one of these! Used them many times for horse pooh hehe.

I'm going to have to buy something as bending over to pick up pooh is doing my back in.

Do you mean when out on walks? Or for regular yard duty?

For regular yard duty, I have a long handled metal pooper scooper set. :laugh:

For when I am out walking the dog.

Hmm, I haven't considered anything for yard duty. I have always just used an old shovel/spade haha

Have you seen "Pick-A-Poo" pack of 30 bags for $9 approx

Thanks for the suggestion. I believe this is what you are referring to? http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/pickapoo#P...;utm_medium=cpc

It seems good, but is there a real life picture of it?

Have you used it before? How big is it? (The size of the bag and the scoop)

Thanks

I find these Pooper Scoopers are great along with a bucket lined with a plastic shopping bag for around the garden. Price varies alot, in pet shops I have seen them around $40 and more but I picked mine up for between $10 and $13. The $10 one was at a Mitre 10 hardware store and the $13 was a Crave shop (one of those mixed discount variety stores). Can't see much difference between the cheap and expensive ones. They are great as the sand sifts out when you pick the poop up and there isn't much bending as you have the handle.

When out on walks I just have a supply of poop bags.

post-27419-1297420058_thumb.jpg

post-27419-1297420090_thumb.jpg

I find these Pooper Scoopers are great along with a bucket lined with a plastic shopping bag for around the garden. Price varies alot, in pet shops I have seen them around $40 and more but I picked mine up for between $10 and $13. The $10 one was at a Mitre 10 hardware store and the $13 was a Crave shop (one of those mixed discount variety stores). Can't see much difference between the cheap and expensive ones. They are great as the sand sifts out when you pick the poop up and there isn't much bending as you have the handle.

Thanks for that. Though won't the waste get stuck on to the scooper it self? Or do you some how line it with the plastic bag?

Nevertheless seems like a good deal and saves having to bend down. (Albeit I'm young, but still :) )

Thanks for that. Though won't the waste get stuck on to the scooper it self? Or do you some how line it with the plastic bag?

Nevertheless seems like a good deal and saves having to bend down. (Albeit I'm young, but still :laugh: )

I thought so too to begin with, but not been a problem so far, although being RMB fed my dogs have well formed firmish poops :rofl: . Would be easy enough to give a spray with the hose though as the end is plastic. Hehe, I'm not so young and have a bad back so the less bending the better. :vomit:

Do you mean when out on walks? Or for regular yard duty?

For regular yard duty, I have a long handled metal pooper scooper set. :vomit:

For when I am out walking the dog.

Hmm, I haven't considered anything for yard duty. I have always just used an old shovel/spade haha

Have you seen "Pick-A-Poo" pack of 30 bags for $9 approx

Thanks for the suggestion. I believe this is what you are referring to? http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/pickapoo#P...;utm_medium=cpc

It seems good, but is there a real life picture of it?

Hi, haven't used them myself but have couple of customers that swear by them. Will have look on pack on Monday to see if dimensions are listed.

Have you used it before? How big is it? (The size of the bag and the scoop)

Thanks

I thought so too to begin with, but not been a problem so far, although being RMB fed my dogs have well formed firmish poops :laugh: . Would be easy enough to give a spray with the hose though as the end is plastic. Hehe, I'm not so young and have a bad back so the less bending the better. :champagne:

Haha good to know :D

Lol I am such a clean freak that I even dig up the ground when using the shovel so as to not get any waste on the shovel :(

We use this one. I like it because you can put bags inside it, so you don't have to wash it every time you use it. http://www.funkyproducts.com.au/pooper-scooper.htm

Thanks for the suggestion Baby Dragon! Do you use it for yard duty or on walks? Is it bothersome to carry around?

Whats wrong with just using a regular pooper scooper, like the ones they have placed around at dog shows?

Like this? http://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/uploads/i...r%20Scooper.jpg

For yard duties they are perfect, but I as I said, I need to use it during walks. No way am I going to drag a device that huge for an hour or so hehe.

I am looking for a smaller device or a device suitable to be carried around.