Jack Russel Markings

woodbyne

Hi

I'm looking at getting my first jack russell pup to show. Two i'm looking at both don't have any markings on the body the head markings look typical but is it acceptable to have all white bodies. Breeder tells me its ok but i really wanted a second opinion

Thanks

The standard says

White MUST predominate with black and/or tan markings. The tan markings can be from the lightest tan to the richest tan (chestnut).

Yep, this is the only requirement. So the dog must be more than 50% white overall with some coloured markings but there are no prescribed markings at all and they do not have to be even.

Oops I didnt read your OP correctly and thought you meant solid white. All white body but markings on the face - yep I'd say go for it but make sure pup has black pigment around the eyes and snout. Do you have any photos?

I've seen them in the ring with all-white bodies, just a spot near the tail and head markings. There are a heap like that in the breed profile pictures on DOL, even some grand champions with white bodies, so it shouldn't, by itself, be a problem.

Thanks guys i had read the standard and you confirmed what i thought and the breeder said. I guess i'm a wee nervous as i have had a bad experience with my last dog with breeders lying or not telling the truth on their lines hence my reason fro changing breeds. I don't have any photos yet babies only born on Monday so will be a couple of weeks till i can see them as we have things on the next few weekends and the breeder is happy for visitis at about 2 to 3 weeks of age.

Thanks