220v Andis Super Agc2

giraffez

Has anyone here brought a 220v andis Super AGC2 with a european plug. Does it work here in australia with a travel plug adapter?

Could someone with an andis clipper unit (even if it has an australia plug) please check the volts and hertz on their unit. Does it say 220v and 50Hz? I want to buy one from USA but want to make sure the 220v will work

Thanks

Edited by giraffez

Yes the European model will work here if you use a plug adaptor. The only issue is that it is not covered by a warranty.

Thanks poodle, have you got an european model that you have tried here? I wonder why it doesn't get covered by warranty

I've narrowed down my choice to either the Andis AGC2 Super or just the normal AGC2 model (http://www.andis.com/international/products.asp?product=Animal&Lang=EN)

The AGC2 Super has a normal speed of 3300 while the AGC2 has 3300 as its high speed. I don't mind forking out a bit more for a better set of clippers but I was wondering whether 3300 will be too fast and whether this set of clippers is intended for matted dogs. Will the fast speed cause clipper burns?

USA isn't in europe! :(

Clippers used on a faster speed will heat the blades up faster, so there is more potential for burning if you don't keep checking the blade often

Haha lol yep I know USA is not europe but they sell the European plug version in usa. At over half the price than it does here I'm very tempted

Yes the European model will work here if you use a plug adaptor. The only issue is that it is not covered by a warranty.

Thanks poodle, have you got an european model that you have tried here? I wonder why it doesn't get covered by warranty

I've narrowed down my choice to either the Andis AGC2 Super or just the normal AGC2 model (http://www.andis.com/international/products.asp?product=Animal&Lang=EN)

The AGC2 Super has a normal speed of 3300 while the AGC2 has 3300 as its high speed. I don't mind forking out a bit more for a better set of clippers but I was wondering whether 3300 will be too fast and whether this set of clippers is intended for matted dogs. Will the fast speed cause clipper burns?

I do some part time service work for a grooming supplier and the Andis clipper sold here in Australia has an Australian lead and the distributor here for Andis will only cover the warranty on their products. You could send it back to the US for repair but the cost would negate any savings on the initial purchase.

I do some part time service work for a grooming supplier and the Andis clipper sold here in Australia has an Australian lead and the distributor here for Andis will only cover the warranty on their products. You could send it back to the US for repair but the cost would negate any savings on the initial purchase.

Its only one year warranty right? In a year i probably use it 16 times at most. 8 times per dog. Would it really break down that quickly? I save about $150 (if it works properly) or the other way to look at it, if it fails, I'll lose $150 :(

Edited by giraffez

I have the Australian Andis Pro 2 Speed. It would probably be 5 years old now. I'm very happy with it.

After a couple of years the join where the cord meets the unit tends to go. It's an easy fix. Other than that, being a sealed unit, I don't think you'd expect too many issues but Poodle3801 would know better than me.

Edited by poodlefan

• 3 weeks later...

Although the distributor will not do the warranty for you, we can just use local clipper repairer to fix the problem for you, its wont cost fortune, it costs me only $15 to get the connection problem done as the power leads are loose after few years operation. If you purchase locally, the local seller will cover you warranty as this is part of the consumer law. Nothing too worry, just make sure it is not 110v.

USA isn't in europe! :laugh:

Clippers used on a faster speed will heat the blades up faster, so there is more potential for burning if you don't keep checking the blade often

Haha lol yep I know USA is not europe but they sell the European plug version in usa. At over half the price than it does here I'm very tempted

The plug actually is not a bit issue, we purchase things in HK, we just use a universal plug adapter, just make sure the voltage is right, and 10v deviation is allowed, just check your plug in your house, most will show 250v, 50Hz, and we have 240v, 50Hz in Australia.

I helped a friend recently at her grooming shop who had an imported one from USA using it with an adaptor found it got very hot in the hand and had to change blades more often due to heating up quickly. Have also used an Australian pair and found them slow and the switch is not in a good place.

USA isn't in europe! :cry:

The plug actually is not a bit issue, we purchase things in HK, we just use a universal plug adapter, just make sure the voltage is right, and 10v deviation is allowed, just check your plug in your house, most will show 250v, 50Hz, and we have 240v, 50Hz in Australia.

Just to throw a spanner in to the works, have you looked at Wahl clippers, I use the km ss it's great and with 4 dogs it does a lot of clipping hasn't missed a beat. I got mine with a set of SS guide combs it cost me $350. I know you can get them cheaper than that. What are you using now?

When speaking to KraMar when the Super 2 came in they said that they MUST be oiled every 5 mins as they run so fast and will overheat. I personally would look at another model. I stopped selling the Super 2 once I was told that as people could forget to check the blade so regularly and it could have resulted in nasty burns particularly on really matted soft skinned dogs (malts etc)