Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

Great recent shots in here guys :thumbsup: I'm still shooting but no time for editing at the moment - hopefully get some more up soon :)

This is as close as I get to macro :p

:laugh: I'd love to see your take on spideys and bugs :D

Does anyone have the Tamron 90mm f2.8 for macro? I am currently looking for ideas for Xmas for me. I really want a 70-200 f2.8 but I know that is out of the budget so I started researching macros and found the tamron is quite affordable with good reviews.

I have the 60mm f2.0 Tamron which I love, but you have to be prepared to get close to your subject ;) Tamron are due to be releasing a new version of the 90mm macro, so I'd be tempted to wait a bit and see what price thats come out at.

Some info here :)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/241712-tamron-announce-new-70-200mm-and-90mm-macro/

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I knew I had read something on here somewhere about it. My quick look indicates it will be quite a bit more expensive which means out of my Xmas budget. But that's ok - with a release date of late November/early December I may be able to pick the older 1 up at a bargain price :)

EF, your camera doesn't have a focus motor so it cannot make the lens auto focus unless the lens has its own focus motor which the AF 50mm 1.8 does not have. Can you use it successfully with manual focus? If not I'd suggest getting the AFs 50mm 1.8. Is yours only new could you return it and swap for the other one? Wat sort of pictures will you be taking?

This lens is not a macro lens either, you will be able to get reasonably close but won't be able to get 1.1 magnification with the 50mm. I think I mentioned it further up the page, I loved my 50mm on my Nikon but it was Auto focus, I'm not good at manual focusing and rely on the auto focus a lot.

Hope you can get it sorted.

Well that will only make it more of a challenge and I am always up for a challenge. My other two lenses auto focus, is that because they have a focus motor? I love to see the really close up photos that you guys do but its not essential so I will do the best I can with what I have and maybe put a true macro lens on my christmas list for next year.....or my 50th. It was sold to me as a macro lens.

Did you get it from a shop? Unless Nikon has bought out a 50mm Micro and I haven't seen it? Anyone else want to chime in here? NIkon peeps.

Your other lenses will have a motor in them.

Oh pretty.

I just had a look at Nikons macro(micro) line up and there is definatley no 50mm Nikons macro lens line up

You could get yourself some extension tubes if you wanted to get a bit more magnification from your 50mm.

The 50mm will be able to do close up photography well but not true Macro.

I have a Bryan Peterson book (ebook) about macro and close up photography,it's really good. I can send you a copy if you like. pm me your email addy.

They are all awesome! Which Macro lens do you have again? Are you using Manual focus? Also do you have your camera on one shot or continuous, sorry so many questions, just curious about techniques used.