Pet Expo

Alyra

I've been to the Pet Expo several times (when I lived in Melbourne) well worth going - some of the breed clubs have stalls (I know th Poodle Club usually does) to introduce the public to their breed - one time I was there they had a Flyball demonstration, which looked like great fun for the dogs.

I will be there for the Flyball demo's on Sunday with Tinny. It is always a good weeekend. Your more likely to get some good bargains on Sunday afternoon, than on Saturday :laugh:. But it is still a great day out.

wow sounds like it was good expo to go to. There used to be one here that was very pet orientated when it started - went and found it fantastic for pet owners but 2-3 years later when I paid up for a small stand I found that only a handful of the crowd was there for the pet stuff and most were just parents with bored kids going to a different area for the kid stuff displays then being dragged around the pet area picking up and playing with brochures, card etc (ie making a mess and wasting those brochures etc). Even where I was I had non pet products on either side. Think it morphed later into a kids and pets expo and then tried to compete in mad march and disappeared.

We went yest, and enjoyed meeting the dogs. One of my favs was the dandie dinmont terrier, and the breeder was lovely.

I enjoyed talking to the Am Staff people, the lowchen, cairn terrier and I was impressed with the soft wheaten terrier.

Everyone was approachable and loved showing off their breeds. I honestly think there should be more promotions of purebreeds.

We went yest, and enjoyed meeting the dogs. One of my favs was the dandie dinmont terrier, and the breeder was lovely.

I enjoyed talking to the Am Staff people, the lowchen, cairn terrier and I was impressed with the soft wheaten terrier.

Everyone was approachable and loved showing off their breeds. I honestly think there should be more promotions of purebreeds.

:heart: ;)

Yay!

I'm glad people seem to be enjoying the expo.

Lola, India and I spent the whole day there today with a group of Lowchen breeders/obedience/agility and pet people who were there to show off their dogs... it was fantastic!

I enjoyed talking to the Am Staff people, the lowchen, cairn terrier and I was impressed with the soft coated wheaten terrier.

Glad you liked our dogs :heart: My 4 (bunny rabbit included) had an absolute ball! They are totally exhausted now though.

Was great chatting to the lowchen people too!

I enjoyed talking to the Am Staff people, the lowchen, cairn terrier and I was impressed with the soft coated wheaten terrier.

Glad you liked our dogs :heart: My 4 (bunny rabbit included) had an absolute ball! They are totally exhausted now though.

;) It was good to see your gorgeous fluffs again :rofl: You are a fixture at each one of these expos... I still remember seeing you up on stage at the first one I went to a couple of years ago :laugh:

Glad you liked our dogs :) My 4 (bunny rabbit included) had an absolute ball! They are totally exhausted now though.

:o It was good to see your gorgeous fluffs again ;) You are a fixture at each one of these expos... I still remember seeing you up on stage at the first one I went to a couple of years ago :rofl:

You hung out with the Lowchens, you would have seen me across the way with my two toy poos.

I also ended up showing someone elses toy poo baby that I'd never met and had never been on a lead, it was shit scared and I wasn't prepared had my number in my cleavage, but it was all a bit of fun even though a bit embarrassing trying to make this baby come for me.

Also with all the showbags I bought home the dogs thought it was xmas

Edited by poodiful1

Me & OH went from morning to arvo, our 2nd time around (1st time as dog owner in Australia!). We're searching for the next one and trying to research all we could about breeds & breeders. I'd like to see more breeds and was surprised that there's no westie stall - I thought they're popular (we're considering havanese, coton, westie).

I like the people & dogs of: cairn terrier, golden retriever (best goldie boy I've ever seen), basenji, australian shepherd & tenterfield terrier. And also swedish vallhund (dogs only - to me, the breeder doesn't show the passion when talking about her dogs). Appreciate those who're willing to be bombarded with our questions :).

As for products, most are cheaper than stores but not online. I'm only disappointed with Fido showbag, very few items compared to others.

We've learnt new things: the basenjis don't have dew claws :o, a goldie is now on the list for our next dog ;).

If I knew that the wheatens people are dol-ers I'd come over - but I didn't (and the breed's not on our list) :rofl:. The dandie dinmonts look bigger & more sausagey in real life (1st time spotting the real ones too).

Me & OH went from morning to arvo, our 2nd time around (1st time as dog owner in Australia!). We're searching for the next one and trying to research all we could about breeds & breeders. I'd like to see more breeds and was surprised that there's no westie stall - I thought they're popular (we're considering havanese, coton, westie).

Yes, I was surprised at the number of breed stalls too - I was expecting a lot more breeds than the ones showcased. Rather disappointed there was no Dobermann stall or White Shepherd stall as I'm thinking of getting either one for my next dog and would've loved to chat to some breeders and meet the breeds.

All the breeders that we did chat to however were simply lovely and very helpful. Also the friendly Lappies and Samoyeds completely stole my heart. :)

I was there today and loved it. The breed next on my list is the Newfoundland, so thats where I was for a while, chatting to a breeder, she was so helpful and willing to answer all my questions.

Me with the Newfie:

172070_10150103189097822_764297821_6280651_6537295_o.jpg

So many beautiful dogs, Poodiful, I saw the toy poodles and spoke to someone that was holding the standard poodles. I said to her how good it is to see beautiful pure poodles instead of crosses and she said a lady had just asked her why a Maltese x poodle is not a recognised breed because she has one and they are terrific. LOL The toys are just sooo gorgeous!

Bought some showbags, a Natural spray for itchy skin, Oscars Law car sign and Save the Bears tea towel.

I was also looking forward to seeing Sphinx cats, but there was only one, curled up asleep in its crate and it was roped off so that you could hardly see it. I was disappointed about that.

Zephyr spent today at the pet expo exchanging lollies from Tank's backpack for pats, leaning on people to keep them patting and scratching him, and tarting up to several girls of different breeds :)

100_0309.jpg

100_0316.jpg

100_0319.jpg

100_0327.jpg

Matthew with Tank and Zeph

100_0331.jpg

100_0333.jpg

He had an absolutely fantastic time and loved all the attention. It was a very long day but well worth the effort for the positive PR.