Pet Expo

Alyra

I was there today and loved it. The breed next on my list is the Newfoundland, so thats where I was for a while, chatting to a breeder, she was so helpful and willing to answer all my questions.

Me with the Newfie:

172070_10150103189097822_764297821_6280651_6537295_o.jpg

So many beautiful dogs, Poodiful, I saw the toy poodles and spoke to someone that was holding the standard poodles. I said to her how good it is to see beautiful pure poodles instead of crosses and she said a lady had just asked her why a Maltese x poodle is not a recognised breed because she has one and they are terrific. LOL The toys are just sooo gorgeous!

Bought some showbags, a Natural spray for itchy skin, Oscars Law car sign and Save the Bears tea towel.

I was also looking forward to seeing Sphinx cats, but there was only one, curled up asleep in its crate and it was roped off so that you could hardly see it. I was disappointed about that.

DrChris.jpg

My bubs, and the very handsom Dr Chris Brown, I didn't want to be in the pic and ruin it.

I had a guy come up to me said he had a maltese that he wanted to put to a Toy Poo, I said "good luck"

180664_10150109987079321_789759320_6040478_4595973_s.jpg

Debra Tranter with twotty

Zephyr spent today at the pet expo exchanging lollies from Tank's backpack for pats, leaning on people to keep them patting and scratching him, and tarting up to several girls of different breeds :rofl:

He had an absolutely fantastic time and loved all the attention. It was a very long day but well worth the effort for the positive PR.

Great photos :):o ;)

Me & OH went from morning to arvo, our 2nd time around (1st time as dog owner in Australia!). We're searching for the next one and trying to research all we could about breeds & breeders. I'd like to see more breeds and was surprised that there's no westie stall - I thought they're popular (we're considering havanese, coton, westie).

I like the people & dogs of: cairn terrier, golden retriever (best goldie boy I've ever seen), basenji, australian shepherd & tenterfield terrier. And also swedish vallhund (dogs only - to me, the breeder doesn't show the passion when talking about her dogs). Appreciate those who're willing to be bombarded with our questions :hug:.

As for products, most are cheaper than stores but not online. I'm only disappointed with Fido showbag, very few items compared to others.

We've learnt new things: the basenjis don't have dew claws :hug:, a goldie is now on the list for our next dog :laugh:.

If I knew that the wheatens people are dol-ers I'd come over - but I didn't (and the breed's not on our list) :hug:. The dandie dinmonts look bigger & more sausagey in real life (1st time spotting the real ones too).

Ooohh did you come and see me at the cairn stand?? I was the younger one :( Did you have a great time? All my dogs were SO tired last night, they went out for a wee and all stood at the back door ready to come back in to thier beds! lol Im so glad you love the breed and enjoyed chatting to us crazy cairn people!! Let me know if you have any more questains about this lovely little dog!!

Ooohh did you come and see me at the cairn stand?? I was the younger one :( Did you have a great time? All my dogs were SO tired last night, they went out for a wee and all stood at the back door ready to come back in to thier beds! lol Im so glad you love the breed and enjoyed chatting to us crazy cairn people!! Let me know if you have any more questains about this lovely little dog!!

I think we did see you - not sure if you remember, but we're the couple that shows you pics of our rescued boy (cairn x) on mobile. We asked about hand-stripping :hug: We had a blast & enjoyed talking to you (thank you for educating us on the breed :hug:). Your dogs are beautiful & well-behaved (for cairns) even when tired. I still notice the mischievous sparkle in the eyes though :laugh:.

We went home expecting our boy to look ugly after seeing yours which he did :hug: (what do you expect cross vs purebreed) - a couple of wet kisses later and we stop comparing and got busy ransacking showbags instead!

Ooohh did you come and see me at the cairn stand?? I was the younger one :laugh: Did you have a great time? All my dogs were SO tired last night, they went out for a wee and all stood at the back door ready to come back in to thier beds! lol Im so glad you love the breed and enjoyed chatting to us crazy cairn people!! Let me know if you have any more questains about this lovely little dog!!

I think we did see you - not sure if you remember, but we're the couple that shows you pics of our rescued boy (cairn x) on mobile. We asked about hand-stripping :cheer: We had a blast & enjoyed talking to you (thank you for educating us on the breed :thumbsup:). Your dogs are beautiful & well-behaved (for cairns) even when tired. I still notice the mischievous sparkle in the eyes though :).

We went home expecting our boy to look ugly after seeing yours which he did :laugh: (what do you expect cross vs purebreed) - a couple of wet kisses later and we stop comparing and got busy ransacking showbags instead!

OHHH was he the little fellow that we were trying to work out what he was crossed with?? I thought maybe a badley bred pure cairn or x'd with an Aussi? I remember you guys! Hi to another DOLer :thumbsup:!! Your boy was sooo cute anyway and will get on well with a big brother or sister Goldie when you get one too!!

I've posted these up in the spitz thread, but I thought people may like to see them here too :thumbsup:

We were on the Lappie stall, and it was a full on two days!! We (and the dogs) are now rather exhausted, but it was worth it to see so many people enjoy our breed. It was a little difficult doing the stall and 4 shows over the 2 days, as well as demonstrations etc - so please, if a breeder you spoke to didn't seem all that enthusiastic it was probably just exhaustion setting in!! (I know the Vall people had a 4am start both days!!) LOL

Anyway, we're happy that so many people got to see and cuddle a lappie, and it was wonderful having a puppy or two there as well. I've been to a few of these now and they seem to get bigger every year :laugh:

Lappie stall

stall.jpg

Meeting the public (some who are wearing funny bunny ears)

louieruby.jpg

In the puppy play session

rubysamoyed.jpg

puppyplay.jpg

heilaandcollie.jpg

Some of our Lappies who were on "display" (which just means you get lots of cuddles!)

Sohvi

sausage1.jpg

Louis

louis1.jpg

Kiki

Kiki.jpg

(this was our Grandma - she's pushing the decade!LOL)

Alera

alera.jpg

Ahti

artje.jpg

And ofcourse, its a hard slog! (Louis and his mum)

jacqlouis.jpg

So in the end, you really do need a kindy nap!LOL (Little Ruby - all of 12 weeks old!)

rubysleep.jpg

Edited by lappiemum

We met the Lappies and were introduced to them..They were all lovely . I can't remeber who we spoke with but they were very helpful

and a pleasure to chat with.

We all love talking lappies. Once you get a lappie person started its hard to stop us!!LOL

You hung out with the Lowchens, you would have seen me across the way with my two toy poos.

I also ended up showing someone elses toy poo baby that I'd never met and had never been on a lead, it was shit scared and I wasn't prepared had my number in my cleavage, but it was all a bit of fun even though a bit embarrassing trying to make this baby come for me.

Also with all the showbags I bought home the dogs thought it was xmas

Hehehe it was fun being set up next to poodles... they are adorable!

I was the one with the parti colour Lowchen with bows in their hair :rofl: coz I could... lol

Didn't make the Expo, but hope to be there next year, maybe even as a participant. Good to see people were getting exposed to many different breeds

I do love Tank, :rofl: he's such a lovely boy. Hope to see him again soon, maybe at herding training (hint wink nudge.)

I'm sure the Collie club would love to have more people there :rofl: There were a couple of smoothies which was great!

We met the Lappies and were introduced to them..They were all lovely . I can't remeber who we spoke with but they were very helpful

and a pleasure to chat with.

We all love talking lappies. Once you get a lappie person started its hard to stop us!!LOL

I <3 your babies!!

OMG Ruby cuddles were to die for... I still can't believe that she's light as a feather compared to the boombah Lowchen.

We went yest, and enjoyed meeting the dogs. One of my favs was the dandie dinmont terrier, and the breeder was lovely.

I enjoyed talking to the Am Staff people, the lowchen, cairn terrier and I was impressed with the soft wheaten terrier.

Everyone was approachable and loved showing off their breeds. I honestly think there should be more promotions of purebreeds.

OMG there was a Dandie breeder there?!?! I didn't realise that there was a breeder in Aus! I was checking the DOL website the other day and was admittedly rather quick but didn't see anything... squeeeeee!!!! I LOVE those dogs and really want one in the future... once my current darling terrier (cross) shuffles off this mortal coil. I would even import one... bit of a sad case am I! I'd love to meet some and see if everything I've read is true :rofl:

We went yest, and enjoyed meeting the dogs. One of my favs was the dandie dinmont terrier, and the breeder was lovely.

I enjoyed talking to the Am Staff people, the lowchen, cairn terrier and I was impressed with the soft wheaten terrier.

Everyone was approachable and loved showing off their breeds. I honestly think there should be more promotions of purebreeds.

OMG there was a Dandie breeder there?!?! I didn't realise that there was a breeder in Aus! I was checking the DOL website the other day and was admittedly rather quick but didn't see anything... squeeeeee!!!! I LOVE those dogs and really want one in the future... once my current darling terrier (cross) shuffles off this mortal coil. I would even import one... bit of a sad case am I! I'd love to meet some and see if everything I've read is true :rofl:

Dandie Dinmonts have been in Australia for several years now, I think there is a breeder/shower in Tassie.

OHHH was he the little fellow that we were trying to work out what he was crossed with?? I thought maybe a badley bred pure cairn or x'd with an Aussi? I remember you guys! Hi to another DOLer :)!! Your boy was sooo cute anyway and will get on well with a big brother or sister Goldie when you get one too!!

Yes thats right! Wow you remember us after seeing so many people :D I think you're right, he's got an aussie terrier in him. First time I met another DOLer :rofl:. We adore your cairns (I think the older ones are even cuter than pups).

Our boy is boisterous even at 8 years, so I think it's better if the second one is a calm breed - we're considering goldie, aussie shepherd, coton (no aus breeder?) or havanese at the moment - though I'm worried that the last 2 would grow up in fear under the terrier's iron paw :rofl:.

We think that the cairns have the best stand :rofl:. You're not only showing your dogs & talking about them, you show people how you live with them! What we like (and didn't find in others during our visit):

1. You showed how you groom your dog (hand-stripping)
  2. You noticed that the pups didn't eat when there're 2 bowls and mixed the food

Small things like these under difficult conditions (windy, tired, stressed out) mean a lot to us. Kudos to you, you'd be the 1st on my list if/ when I'm looking for a cairn (or any terrier).

Yep Dandies have been around for quite some time now, lovely dogs :rofl:. Poodiful i saw your the little ones and thought they were gorgeous. I should have come to say hi.

Yep Dandies have been around for quite some time now, lovely dogs :rofl:. Poodiful i saw your the little ones and thought they were gorgeous. I should have come to say hi.

Why didn't you? I wish you had. Although I was talking to so many people while at the poodle stand. So many people taking pictures. Twotty was so receptive and eager to say hello to so many people. A good day to be had by all I think. The only problem, she got so many pats it kind of knotted some of her coat.