Luddenham Sheep Trial

Vickie

Each dog gets different sheep redangel.

About half way through the day, all the sheep had been out once & came out s second time.

it was really clear when this happened. The first time they came out the sheep were wild & very runny. Many good dogs failed to pick them up & did not get beyond the cast. The second time they came out, they were very difficult to move by all but the strongest dogs.

The dogs that took the time to really settle either group worked very well but often ran out of time.

The weather did not help at all, it was very humid

Edited by Vickie

Just saw this.

Thanks for taking good photos of the day.

I really wish I took that pink collar off :hug: as I had originally intended to.

I don't mind if you put the video up. I mean it wasn't by far a good run but compared to how other dogs went we at least kept our sheep out of the carpark and off the road :hug:

I am sure Leigh would like to see the pic of her dog too at the bridge.

Some good pics Vickie. Soooo are you coming to more trials now maybe????????????????????/

LOVE these photos, thanks for sharing. Also, so happy to see Kelpies in there. When we went to the trials in Bredbo they kept telling us that Kelpies were too rough for the three-sheep trials :'(

Alot of them are. Alot of kelpie's arent bred for 3 sheep type work. Go to a yard trial and you will see mainly kelpies. Different breeds have different strengths.