(dog Friendly) 3 Bed House For Rent - Secure Yard & Dog Door (west

Panto

Hi

In next few weeks, theres a 3 bed house (+ sunroom, 1 bath, 1+2 car) coming up for rent - secure fencing and a small doggie door (a med dog could also fit through it). St Mary's area, in a nice street with good neighbours. Just putting it out there for anyone who is having to relocate as generally it is hard to find a place that will allow a dog or two. Will also consider a reputable rescuer/foster carer. Also partly furnished or furniture can be removed.

Agreement will be through a real estate agent, all checks and references per "standard" rental agreements etc still apply. Minimum 6 month lease.

Pls PM me for further details, to protect the privacy of future tenancy, I won't be responding on this thread with further information, however most happy to communicate via PM for genuine enquiries!

:thumbsup:

Hi

In next few weeks, theres a 3 bed house (+ sunroom, 1 bath, 1+2 car) coming up for rent - secure fencing and a small doggie door (a med dog could also fit through it). St Mary's area, in a nice street with good neighbours. Just putting it out there for anyone who is having to relocate as generally it is hard to find a place that will allow a dog or two. Will also consider a reputable rescuer/foster carer. Also partly furnished or furniture can be removed.

Agreement will be through a real estate agent, all checks and references per "standard" rental agreements etc still apply. Minimum 6 month lease.

Pls PM me for further details, to protect the privacy of future tenancy, I won't be responding on this thread with further information, however most happy to communicate via PM for genuine enquiries!

:)

Can you invest in Melbourne please!!! :(

Hi

:(

Can you invest in Melbourne please!!! :)

Lol! :)

I'll convince as many people as I can!!

Responsible dog owners make for great tenants and better security!

Hi

Can you invest in Melbourne please!!! :)

And Canberra!! :(

Hi

Can you invest in Melbourne please!!! ;)

Lol! :)

I'll convince as many people as I can!!

Responsible dog owners make for great tenants and better security!

:(

Can you invest in Melbourne please!!! :p

And Canberra!! ;)

This might get a better response in general dog discussion rather than rescue??

thanks!

Can't believe it hasn't been snapped up! See, told ya you should invest in Melbs. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

One last bump :rofl:

While I am bumping, thought I might add a few points which came up from some PM's and correspondence over this subject matter (alas they were not for this property, but hopefully the below can help someone else!). The below is just something from my own experience from having lived in several rental properties with my dog, I have been accepted more times than I have been knocked back (and even those reasons were not really because I have a dog). Note - the below is just about the dog part of the application. The rest of your application should be solid too!

How do I picked for a rental property over everyone else that is applying???

- Make an impression on your property manager. When you go to the viewing, get to know them, ask them a few questions, ask them if they know if the landlord may accept a dog. A casual friendly conversation and getting along with the property manager will help them remember you and they are more likely to recommend you to the landlord than numerous other faces that have passed through and simply just put in an application form. It helps if they are animal lovers, and they generally like talking about their own experience with pets (It may help to go alone to do the inspection and leave behind any distractions such as unruly family members if you are the one making the final decision anyways!)

- Your application / Cover letter.

I have always had a cover letter with some information about myself, my flatmates (if I have any), and my dog. It includes items like what training she's had, certificates etc, a reference from previous landlord/s (my first one was great, he had said having a well behaved dog was great security for his property), grooming habits and cleaning habits (do you have a regular cleaner?), and that I have always left a rental property in better condition than when I moved in (I give the place a thorough clean and take on maintenance myself where I can). I add in there that the place will be flea bombed upon departure (and any rental agreement that accepts dogs almost always has this in their terms and conditions) and that my dog does not dig holes (if they do, don some gloves and fix the damage!!).

Finally, don't bother with places that say 'STRICTLY NO PETS' - they won't budge. But places that don't state a preference will consider the RIGHT pet, but won't say pet friendly so that they can attract more interest. It doesnt hurt to ask, the worst they can say is no... at least you've tried. (Brand new builds are also much less likely to accept pets too!)

Again, I'm no expert, this is purely from my own experience and I hope this might be of use to someone out there.

Cheers