Vacuum's!

tommygirl

With my house ruled by three dogs who drop white hair everywhere, and a kitty cat who drops greyish hair everywhere else, I am wanting to invest in a good vacuum cleaner, specifically one that is good for pet hair. I have one that seems to do ok at the moment, but I am sure there has gotta be something better!

Does anyone have brands they recommend?

I am also interested in just the handheld ones too, just to go over little areas in a hurry.

Thanks

:laugh:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Dyson. They are great but when it got sick and I sent it of for repairs I bought a cheap Russell Hobbs Cyclonic from Target for $159.00 and it's been really good.

The Dyson has been repaired but I also use the Russell Hobbs. I wont buy any vacuum that needs a bag as it's such an added expense! With three Cavalier in the house I'd fill it each time I vacuumed which is three times a week.

I did some research into specific "Cat/Dog vacuums and it's not about the pet hair as such, that comes under the heading of suction power it's about a charcoal filter for the pet smell.

Other than that they are no different than any other high powered vacuum.

I just googled the roomba (had no idea what it was!) and OhMyDog! I want! Was it super expensive?

My problem is carpet areas. Unfortunately, my house has carpet in the lounge and bedrooms.

How do the Miele/Dysons go on carpet?

I have a Dyson. They are great but when it got sick and I sent it of for repairs I bought a cheap Russell Hobbs Cyclonic from Target for $159.00 and it's been really good.

The Dyson has been repaired but I also use the Russell Hobbs. I wont buy any vacuum that needs a bag as it's such an added expense! With three Cavalier in the house I'd fill it each time I vacuumed which is three times a week.

I did some research into specific "Cat/Dog vacuums and it's not about the pet hair as such, that comes under the heading of suction power it's about a charcoal filter for the pet smell.

Other than that they are no different than any other high powered vacuum.

Thanks for that, thats interesting to know its more about the filter for smell with the cat/dog specific ones!

I will have a look at the Dysons and Miele's and see what deals I can get at the moment.

Thanks for everyones input :laugh:

The vacuum cleaner I use is a 'Huzbaand' model. It's awesome. I would recommend every one get one

The 'Huzbaand' is used probably every 3-4 days and picks up all the hair and dirt from our 5 dogs and 1 guinea pig.

Sometimes the 'Huzbaand' breaks down or can get a bit lazy, but I give it a good kick up the back and it's good to go once again...

The vacuum cleaner I use is a 'Huzbaand' model. It's awesome. I would recommend every one get one

The 'Huzbaand' is used probably every 3-4 days and picks up all the hair and dirt from our 5 dogs and 1 guinea pig.

Sometimes the 'Huzbaand' breaks down or can get a bit lazy, but I give it a good kick up the back and it's good to go once again...

:o

:rofl:

:rofl :

Sounds like your model is more reliable than mine!

I just googled the roomba (had no idea what it was!) and OhMyDog! I want! Was it super expensive?

My problem is carpet areas. Unfortunately, my house has carpet in the lounge and bedrooms.

How do the Miele/Dysons go on carpet?

With our Dyson, first time you vacuum you'll notice a massive difference.. awesome stuff.