Dog Bowls

huski

I want to get Micha and Daisy some really nice dog bowls. I like the look of bright ceramic ones but I am open to ideas. The only downside to ceramic bowls in this house is that they can get broken. They have matching bowls at the moment but they really need replacing. I just haven't seen any I really like and I am very close to just getting some plain boring stainless ones!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to get Micha and Daisy some really nice dog bowls. I like the look of bright ceramic ones but I am open to ideas. The only downside to ceramic bowls in this house is that they can get broken. They have matching bowls at the moment but they really need replacing. I just haven't seen any I really like and I am very close to just getting some plain boring stainless ones!

have a look at the thread by modern pet - depending on how much you're willing to pay, theres some nice ones on there.

Ive only ever used the Studio Sebastian bowls.

Edited by wagsalot

Watch where you get them from ..... there was a thread way back when - something to do with cheap ceramic that wasn't good for eating off. I'm sorry - I'm not sure I could find it because it was a few years ago, I think. But perhaps someone else here remembers it and has saved the info ???

I love the Studio Sebastian bowls (I have a big water bowl for outdoors).

Awwwww i like my cheap stainless steel bowls :rofl:

I have seen some around the place that are plain steel but sit into a nice decorative stand. That may be something else to consider if you are worried about ceramic getting broken.

I bought my two new bowls for Christmas and they are the best. They are by Pet One.

The metal bowl is easy to take out of the colored melamine surround for cleaning or to take to the kitchen to be filled. The colored part is chunky and sturdy with rubber grips underneath so it doesn't move. I have found them so practical and they look great. I can highly recommend them.

They actually have stainless bowls at the moment, but they are in holder bowl thingies. actually here they are:

(excuse the gross pic)

Heeeeeeeeeere fishy, fishy, fishy :rofl:

I'll see if I can find the ones I was talking about. Can't really remember where I saw them....

eta, still looking but found this; http://pawspoint.com.au/bowls-2/?gclid=CML...CFQPTbgodWDyfDw

heaps here too; http://www.worldforpets.com.au/products/Ca...?CategoryID=152

http://www.etsy.com/category/pets/bowl

Edited by SecretKei

Studio Sebastian do great ones. There was a thread with their number awhile ago. They are currently located in Taz

To give you an idea- he had a stall at sydney royal and managed to sell an entire shipping container full before the end of the show!! Really good quality- they like return customers :love:

i read somewhere months ago that ceramic bowls should not be used as they can get cracks in them and bacteria can form in the cracks, as the food gets stuck in there & cant be washed out,

by using the contaminated bowl you dog/cat can get ill,

sometimes the cracks are really fine and you cant see them to know that you should throw the bowl out

i just use stainless steel ones

I've had my Studio Sebastian bowls for about 10 years. I think I have about 8 of them, all different sizes. They're very sturdy!

Gertie the Tzu has little black and white striped Freedom ones with crowns in them, and I also have the Snooza Eat Drink ones which I really like too.

Quite right Erny...you have to be careful of the glazes and some cheap ceramics are not suitable for use with food as they can leach lead and cadmium :love: Bowls sold for dinnerware should be fine. It can be hard to find big enough bowls especially water bowls when you have multiple dogs...I like nice casserole dishes with a wide flat base.

Watch where you get them from ..... there was a thread way back when - something to do with cheap ceramic that wasn't good for eating off. I'm sorry - I'm not sure I could find it because it was a few years ago, I think. But perhaps someone else here remembers it and has saved the info ???

I love the Studio Sebastian bowls (I have a big water bowl for outdoors).

I have two of those brown stoneware bowls for my cats (they are large dog ones). I like how stainless steel last for ever, and always comes up clean, but I don't like how plain they are. I am going to get OH to make me a wooden stand for two drop in stainless steel bowls, this way I get the nice bowls with a stand of my choosing.

BF