Adelaide Million Paws Walk

MsKatie

Just read WoofnHoofs post and yes - I do know peoples feelings about the RSPCA but I am planning on going with the kids and the dogs - if anyone would like to catch up then look for the large drooly dog and Hannibal kelpie :thumbsup:

Do you have to be registered....and do they check?

No one checks as really you cannot stop someone walking their dog in the parklands. However you just end up missing out of the promo bag that seems to have a few bits and pieces. They do try to funnel everyone to the registration tent and remind often but its up to you if you want to donate or not.

I was a bit put off as last time I went someones dog was throwing up around the entire track (ab out 4 times I saw) and obviously no one told them to withdraw from the walk so that dog may have been sharing the group drinking and other dogs whose owners didnt care were um getting at the sick. Not pleasant.

No one checks as really you cannot stop someone walking their dog in the parklands. However you just end up missing out of the promo bag that seems to have a few bits and pieces. They do try to funnel everyone to the registration tent and remind often but its up to you if you want to donate or not.

I was a bit put off as last time I went someones dog was throwing up around the entire track (ab out 4 times I saw) and obviously no one told them to withdraw from the walk so that dog may have been sharing the group drinking and other dogs whose owners didnt care were um getting at the sick. Not pleasant.

:thumbsup: I remember seeing that - and thinking Yuck!

I've got mixed feelings about RSPCA, but I'm considering donating some money towards "Shelley's Cats" since they finally came to the party and agreed to look after them.

Not sure about the walk date. Got a squillion other things on in winter once the hockey season starts. At least there is no dog obedience/agility comp on in town that weekend.

Djinn Djinn and I will be walking again this year, have a fundraising page up and running already. Had a ball last year and she loves crowds - she got her CGC award a couple of weeks ago so I want to show her off :-)

Happy to meet at the pavillion if that's an easy place for others to find me; we will be walking with other friends. post-37309-1302422860_thumb.jpg

Edited by IDreamOfDjinn

• 2 weeks later...

it was maybe totally stressed out by the 10000s of dogs and people, its really not a dog friendly event