Lure Coursing, Not Whippets This Time

Kirislin

Oh two of my favourite breeds of dogs!! Fantastic photos as usual Kirislin. :eek:Do you know the names of the Deeries?

I dont but there was a DOLer there, actually I think some are his and he might know the names of the other dogs as well.

Fabulous captures Kirislin :laugh: Great to see them in flight :)

About 20 odd years ago (before I knew any better) I would go coursing with the people I worked for as a groom. It was amazing to see Deerhounds and Greys doing what they were breed to do, the twists and turns were incredible!

;) yeah it's always a tough decision: stand still and hope they go around you or move and hope they don't dodge in the same direction.

LOL - my OH discovered that standing still is the best option after being sent flying in the snow by our grey :(

You asked for names......

The last pic of post number 1 and the first pic on post number 2 is our Gentiehun Prince Charlie ( aka Chas ) we imported him from Scotland.

The 2 Deeries together..... the one with red collar is our Jacobite Islay, the other is Chas.

This was their first try at the drag lure, they had a BALL, like all of us I love to see our dogs enjoying themselves.

We are used to them and they do not seem big..... EXCEPT when running straight towards us...... Pam then hides behind a convenient barrier... which is ( of course ) ME.......

Many thanks to Kirislin for the wonderful photographs.

Dave

:laugh: yeah it's always a tough decision: stand still and hope they go around you or move and hope they don't dodge in the same direction.

LOL - my OH discovered that standing still is the best option after being sent flying in the snow by our grey ;)

My boy waits for you to not be watching him and then he runs full pelt and launches into your chest. We're best to pretend we're going after him and then he'll most likely avoid us. this is why i've had a few fat lips and black eyes. :(

Here's a few more pics from the day since we hardly ever see pics of these dogs, well I dont anyway.

5608088495_9c002f9913_b.jpg

Beautiful brindle. Any chance you know what breeder he(she's) by?

sorry I dont know, but Jacobite might know.

I'd never seen a brindle borzoi until these ones.

Thankyou everyone for your comments, I'm glad you liked the photos. If I hear of another day and it doesn't clash with anything else I might be doing I'd like to go again.

Edited by Kirislin