So Excited

DLB

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my leads today, I am extremely happy with the colours and quality of them. :)

What colours did you go for as I can't decide.

Neither could I, so many options and there are so many new ones that I love!

I ended up getting just two coloured leads instead of the 3-4 coloured ones, I got black/shocking pink, black/turquoise, black/blue, black/purple, black/apple and orange/white <---- my attempt at getting a blending lead. A bit overboard but I couldn't decide :hug:

I got them to do obedience as well, as I needed a short light lead and I figure they could all double as show leads.

Received my leads today, I am extremely happy with the colours and quality of them. :)

What colours did you go for as I can't decide.

Neither could I, so many options and there are so many new ones that I love!

I ended up getting just two coloured leads instead of the 3-4 coloured ones, I got black/shocking pink, black/turquoise, black/blue, black/purple, black/apple and orange/white <---- my attempt at getting a blending lead. A bit overboard but I couldn't decide :hug:

I got them to do obedience as well, as I needed a short light lead and I figure they could all double as show leads.

Now you have totally confused me as black wouldn't have been in any of my choices to use as a show lead.....back to the drawing board I go

Now you have totally confused me as black wouldn't have been in any of my choices to use as a show lead.....back to the drawing board I go

:)

Especially seeing as I don't have black dogs! I just got colours I liked rather than what is suitable for showing :hug:

Got my leads today, they are totally gorgeous! :thumbsup: Now just have to wait for a show puppy to use 'em on... :thumbsup:

I got 4 - wine/silver, coral/silver, black/silver and my fave is toffee, ivory & silver - LOVE this one!

Will be back for more at some point I am sure... :wave:

I used one of my Glamour Show Leads over the weekend and was very very happy with it. :cheer:

I got one made long enough to use as a slip lead and it was great! :laugh::cheer::)

As you can see I have Rottweilers and used it with one of my girls, so you can use them with the larger dogs with confidence. :):):thanks:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

I was under the impression that a show lead should blend as best as possible to the colour of your dog so it doesn't stand out - is that wrong or no longer applies?

Or are these just leads you snap onto say a snake chain that does blend in so you can't see the colour around the dog's neck but you just have a pretty coloured lead in your hand?

You can tell I'm not a showie :o But I might be one day and trying to learn this stuff laugh.gif I've already checked out their FB page and they sure are pretty :D

Edited by RubyStar

Some people like to blend the lead colour to the dog with a chain or cloth collar that matches the dog's colour as well as possible, I generally blend to a degree, for example Maizie's show lead is a blue and silver leather lead with a silver chain and silver and blue beads.

However some people match leads to suits which can look really good! :thumbsup: I bought a couple to match favourite suits. And some people like pretty colour leads that don't really 'match' anything but just look gorgeous! There is a blue merle Aussie here shown on a pink lead, for example. And our Irish Terrier has an orange, green and white lead. :laugh:

These leads do connect to a chain although I think she's made a couple that are the whole deal, a collar loop and lead in one

I was under the impression that a show lead should blend as best as possible to the colour of your dog so it doesn't stand out - is that wrong or no longer applies?

I think it should blend as much as possible.

There is nothing worse in MYO then a lead that has beads right near the dogs head, I notice this more with self stacking breeds.

You try and look at the dog and all you see is a bead bobbing up and down creating glare and a distraction.

I'm not a fan of bling type leads.