Heavy Duty Dog Beds ?

Sutton

Hi.

Ive been looking at a new bed to put in my dogs kennel,but problem is they pull out and eat everything ive ever had in there.

Everything gets dragged out and eaten,now all that is left in the kennel is carpet.

They have a horse rug on the other side of the yard that they will sleep on during the day and not eat but anything else is gone within a day.

The two ive been looking at are the snooza beds,the pet futon and the durabed.

Any recommendations?

And want something really soft as our rottweiler is old and has arthritis.

I have the same problem. Mine ate their snooza bed.

The best one I have found so far is one that has a hessian outside (it doesn't have a tag and I can't remember the brand). I then throw a couple of blankets on it for comfort. I can see they have had a nibble on them but so far (about 3 months) so good.

My bed destroyer currently has NOTHING in his day pen. He has eaten everything, including the $200 kennel. We have a shed on order for him, it's coming (before Xmas I hope!)

At night he sleeps in my other dogs shed, on hession bag beds. He eats those too, but they are pretty cheap to replace every few months. He will never get anything expensive again.....at least after the shed arrives!

I have these beds and they are super strong, I couldn't imagine a dog eating or scratching through them, they are that tough, I've had them for about 4 years with the Danes and they still look like new.

(B.F.B) Better Framed Bed

Galvanised steel frame resists rust whilst the improved mesh mat keeps your dog comfortable as well as being waterproof, chew resistant and flea retardant. The mat is fixed to the frame.

tn-betterframedbeds001.jpg

http://www.greatrugs.com.au/store/index.htm

Snooza make a lot of different beds - I bought Gus the D1000 after he ate his way through anything made from plush, foam or fabric, including trampoline beds (though they were the standard heavy material ones, not the BFBs. He hasn't done anything to the D1000. The material is really heavy duty, like someone's woven a fabric from plastic instead of material. It washes up well and he likes it. I shopped around and got my on the internet for about $140 delivered I think, versus about $300 in the petshop...

Snooza make a lot of different beds - I bought Gus the D1000 after he ate his way through anything made from plush, foam or fabric, including trampoline beds (though they were the standard heavy material ones, not the BFBs. He hasn't done anything to the D1000. The material is really heavy duty, like someone's woven a fabric from plastic instead of material. It washes up well and he likes it. I shopped around and got my on the internet for about $140 delivered I think, versus about $300 in the petshop...

I have had one Snooza Pet futon destroyed by my bully. I replaced it with a D1000 and she hasn't even come close to destroying it. She actually gets a sore nose from trying to bury things in it!

wow, where I work we're cheaper then the website for D1000's, we sell the XL for about $160 max

Snooza also make DuroBeds which are double layer heavy duty shade cloth material and they're really well padded inside. Cheaper then the D1000's as well

It's certainly tough choosing a dog bed because I bought Zeus a Dreamtime bed from Big W thinking it looked good only to have it not last a night. He dug a hole right though the middle. He's certainly a destructo-dog!!

How have people found the Snooza D1000s? Are they tough as they look because they seem quite good but I'm also a bad judge of things. Do you recommend them?

I have these beds and they are super strong, I couldn't imagine a dog eating or scratching through them, they are that tough, I've had them for about 4 years with the Danes and they still look like new.

Galvanised steel frame resists rust whilst the improved mesh mat keeps your dog comfortable as well as being waterproof, chew resistant and flea retardant. The mat is fixed to the frame.

We have had one of these for ummmm about 4 years now I guess. We got one after we saw how well they held up for the local pound. With a gurney it looks lke brand new again and will easily last another few years, if not longer

For inside their kennels they have the Snooza D1000'S and these have held up also. The trick with those is that they are heavy and they can't drag them out of their kennels to throw them around.

When my girl was going through her chewing phase I gave her a bale of straw as her bed, I would put 5 biscuits of the bale into her kennel and let her dig through it to make her bed, nice and thick and VERY warm. It works well if you can have a board at the front of the kennel to keep the straw from going everywhere. Some people said that straw attracts fleas, but I never experienced that but in our cold climate fleas are pretty rare.

I try to not have any hay/straw in the yard as the birds make a big mess with it,and it attracts mice ive found.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Nekhbet : Where abouts do you work? could you possibly give me a link? Ive googled the crap out of these beds to find the cheapest lol

Highly recommend Great Rugs to make beds/mattresses. They have heavy duty etc and can be custom made to any size or thickness you'd like.

I have 3 of them :laugh: They make and delivery pretty quickly, and the prices with postage are (for me) very decent!!

I also highly recommend the Canvas covered beds from Great Rugs. :rofl: My rr pup destroyed all other beds but hasn't managed to rip apart the canvas covered foam mats or the canvas mats on the trampoline beds. He shredded the hessian that was originally on the beds!!

I have them too - lasted years with the labradors - still look like new