Melbourne Royal Schedule

SwaY

Yes you are in block F - this is where you will be benched.

All benches areas are inside, there is also a loud speaker which you can't always hear.

You find out on the day what ring you will be showing in and at what time.

It's on a BIG board next to the check in desk, this is where you get your numbers stamped to say you are here and showing.

Edited by SwaY

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

be prepared to find you have been switched from your benched area. I've been to the last 5 Royals and we have been moved at least 3 times! Possibly because there are never that many greyhounds entered but this year we have close to 20 so should stay put.

I see Lowchens and Min Pins are in Pav 18, so same spot as where Min Pins was last year!

It'll be my first Royals this year, so looking forward to it, I hope I won't be as nervous as I am pretty good at normal shows lol!

I have everything ready for the Royals, and done my backdrop and display for the crate, but I'll be amused to have done all this sewing/measuring/etc etc, only to be set up where nobody can get through! :rofl: At least my dogs will be comfortable and warm for the day!

Still waiting on numbers though, had to get in touch with Estelle, and she posted me another one, so hopefully this will come on time, I'll be annoyed if Australia Post keeps stuffing around, and get it after I needed them! :(

would love to meet up and put a face to the name ;) . i'll be in Pav 18 my Mini BT is Speiread Sweet Sunshine and i'm hoping her name will be a good omen on the weather,lol :D

will you have your Whippet or one of your other dogs with you on that day? otherwise i'll be asking everyone with Whippets "are you Murve?":o

Sarah better bring the good weather :laugh: I have always had wet horrible weather at royals!!

haha :D of course she will, we can't be having your blonde bombshells getting wet, it's not a good look :mad ,will see you there.

:D

I have attached a photo of my Bench setup for my Min Pin for the Royals.

The backdrop is basically attached to a velcro I sewed on with the sewing machine and had blankets and cushion added in it.

It's set up as Min Pins are known as "King of Toys", so I essentially used that as an influence to dress it up, make it look Royalty in a way, luxury, spoilt, everything pampered and luxury and most of all comfortable!

Probably a bit overboard :laugh: , but they love it to the point one growled at me when I tried to get them out to pack it up! Probably got too attached to the bed too quick! lol

post-27382-0-62089100-1316430627_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tambaqui

I would just like to say a very big thankyou to all those who have helped with info about the Melb. Royal :whisper: as this is my first Royal it's all a bit daunting and nerve racking, so to all those that gave advice cheers :cheers: and karma is a beautiful thing i'm sure some will fall your way :heart: , and good luck :champagne:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

would love to meet up and put a face to the name ;) . i'll be in Pav 18 my Mini BT is Speiread Sweet Sunshine and i'm hoping her name will be a good omen on the weather,lol :D

will you have your Whippet or one of your other dogs with you on that day? otherwise i'll be asking everyone with Whippets "are you Murve?":o

Hi Sariluda yes I will have my Whippet in "Peperone Original Sin ET" I will be easy to pick 'cause I will have my club vest on & it has a embrioded Whippet on the back, the vest is dark blue, we will be benched in Pav 19 not sure which block yet.

We will be doing this trial for the hell of it as my Whippet achieved his CCD Title at Ballarat on Sun :happydance2: :happydance2:

We will probably be the only Whippet there on the 30th & yes I do hope the weather will be nice, last time we did Obedience Trial at the Royal it Peeeeed down with rain :eek: not fun

I see Lowchens and Min Pins are in Pav 18, so same spot as where Min Pins was last year!

It'll be my first Royals this year, so looking forward to it, I hope I won't be as nervous as I am pretty good at normal shows lol!

I have everything ready for the Royals, and done my backdrop and display for the crate, but I'll be amused to have done all this sewing/measuring/etc etc, only to be set up where nobody can get through! :rofl: At least my dogs will be comfortable and warm for the day!

Still waiting on numbers though, had to get in touch with Estelle, and she posted me another one, so hopefully this will come on time, I'll be annoyed if Australia Post keeps stuffing around, and get it after I needed them! :(

thanks Tambaqui for reminding me about the backdrops I haven't done mine yet :eek: better get into gear, been busy working on our Obed Trials :hitself:

Hi Sariluda yes I will have my Whippet in "Peperone Original Sin ET" I will be easy to pick 'cause I will have my club vest on & it has a embrioded Whippet on the back, the vest is dark blue, we will be benched in Pav 19 not sure which block yet.

We will be doing this trial for the hell of it as my Whippet achieved his CCD Title at Ballarat on Sun :happydance2: :happydance2:

We will probably be the only Whippet there on the 30th & yes I do hope the weather will be nice, last time we did Obedience Trial at the Royal it Peeeeed down with rain :eek: not fun

I will track you down and say hi, and congrates on your CCD Title.

It's not a great pic, but here is one of my puff last year.

IMG_0421.jpg

I have attached a photo of my Bench setup for my Min Pin for the Royals.

The backdrop is basically attached to a velcro I sewed on with the sewing machine and had blankets and cushion added in it.

It's set up as Min Pins are known as "King of Toys", so I essentially used that as an influence to dress it up, make it look Royalty in a way, luxury, spoilt, everything pampered and luxury and most of all comfortable!

Probably a bit overboard :laugh: , but they love it to the point one growled at me when I tried to get them out to pack it up! Probably got too attached to the bed too quick! lol

Thank you very much for the photos, they look fantastic :thumbsup: .

I only have tomorrow to make them up so if I may not get them done this time, no excuses next year though ;)

Thanks again - much appreciated.

I would just like to say a very big thankyou to all those who have helped with info about the Melb. Royal :whisper: as this is my first Royal it's all a bit daunting and nerve racking, so to all those that gave advice cheers :cheers: and karma is a beautiful thing i'm sure some will fall your way :heart: , and good luck :champagne:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

X2

Yea just got our backdrop & cushion done :D, now have to wait for our embrioded ribbons to be done, should have them back by Wed or thurs morning the latest :D

our backdrop is Black, embroidery is done in gold, I think it will make a fawn dog stand out :laugh:

X2

make that x3 oh have fun to the newbies :laugh:

Yea just got our backdrop & cushion done :D, now have to wait for our embrioded ribbons to be done, should have them back by Wed or thurs morning the latest :D

our backdrop is Black, embroidery is done in gold, I think it will make a fawn dog stand out :laugh:

:whee: got my Embrioded stuff back tonight quicker than I expected , now just have to add the gold fringes, then put them on the backdrop :whee: