Litters Due In July

Missymoo

Sigh. Poor Jetpoint, you must be getting a little impatient by now...

Nearly the whole litter have the heart BB. Mum has it, but her marking are such a pale cream it's hard to see. None of her littermates have it, but she has passed it to nearly all these babies!! It's very pretty.

How gorgeous. :) :) :) :) :)

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: Fingers crossed for you Jetpoint!! We need pics if the happy event ever arrives!!!

I'm just having a very exciting moment with ours. After topping up all 12 pups with tube feeds for the last 24 hours I've just taken the group of littlies off mum and they're FULL. Does this mean the milk had truly arrived??? I really hope so. :happydance2:

I'm hearing contented gulping from the second group of pups, instead of the frustrated squeaking they've been doing trying to get enough milk.

I don't mind tube feeding them and they're all doing so well at the moment (touch wood of course!!)... but the possibility of just checking them every two hours instead of making feeds, feeding, cleaning up and sterilising (and then trying to find time for sleep!!). I am scarcely believing my luck...

I can only hope we keep the milk flowing from now!! :D

Have you got the Fenuegreek yet???

10 days to go :-)

OMG, Yarrowfell!! Her poor little legs aren't going to be able to reach the ground for much longer :laugh:

Well were still waiting. I'm hoping tonight is the night (no particular reason but a girl can hope!) there was a little bit of scratching around about 10mins ago but now we're asleep on the couch again so who knows!! Haven't seen her eat anything today either....

Argh! Still nothing? Can't you tell her that we are all waiting on her to have babies?? :p

Feonix at 6 weeks - not the most impressive belly in the lot, but she's actually very similar in size to what her mother was at 6 weeks, and that was a litter of 8 so I'm happy with how Fee is going :)

6-weeks3.jpg

Edited by Allerzeit

Awwww Fee is so cute!!! Can't wait to see her pups, the way we're going at the moment you'll probably still get yours before mine!! :-P

I have had several conversations with my Mia about keeping us all in suspense so long however she doesn't seem particularly interested. 63 days tomorrow so one can only hope we won't get to Monday and still have no puppies (I REALLY hope so because I have to go back to work on thursday evening!!) Mia is still sound asleep on the couch and shows no signs of moving any time soon...

Yarrowfell - OMG - how does she walk???

We have. She's not very keen... She actually isn't really eating very much at all yet - and is being fussy which is very unlike her. We have her on milk replacer so at least she's drinking lots of that. We'll keep at it. She has finally passed placenta today so should brighten up. No signs of infection though which is good. We'll keep at it. Early days. :)

She did almost squash one of the pups today - it was a heart starting moment indeed! He got under her front looking for a teat and she leaned her shoulder back onto him as she stretched back for the others to get to the belly. I heard a little whine, did a quick headcount and dived under her. He was blue and limp. :eek: A good rub and a couple of little breaths and he was back to normal. Can't say the same for my heart!!

I felt bad as she's trying to be so careful. But she's a big girl and they're so squiggly!!

We have. She's not very keen... She actually isn't really eating very much at all yet - and is being fussy which is very unlike her. We have her on milk replacer so at least she's drinking lots of that. We'll keep at it. She has finally passed placenta today so should brighten up. No signs of infection though which is good. We'll keep at it. Early days. :)

She did almost squash one of the pups today - it was a heart starting moment indeed! He got under her front looking for a teat and she leaned her shoulder back onto him as she stretched back for the others to get to the belly. I heard a little whine, did a quick headcount and dived under her. He was blue and limp. :eek: A good rub and a couple of little breaths and he was back to normal. Can't say the same for my heart!!

I felt bad as she's trying to be so careful. But she's a big girl and they're so squiggly!!

OMG that was so lucky. I was going to post in your big litter thread about fenugreek but decided to start a tread which I have been meaning to do for ages.

Keep offering to her, you need to mix it up in moist food. Mine love it and the non lactating will try to get to the lactating ones food. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ETA. Got sidetracked on fenugreek :laugh: I was sitting next to Ruby when she squashed a pup. :eek: It did not utter a squeak, I just happened to do a head count and found 1 missing lifted her up and it was flat as a biscuit. Could have only been dead 2 mins. :( :( :(

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Oh BB how awful. :( It happens so fast. Another few seconds and my little boy would've been gone too. He was just horribly limp, and I thought he was crushed instead of breathless. It was only blind luck I happened to be standing next to the whelping box and realised.

Will keep it up with Fenugreek. She seems to be getting interested. She is preferring her food drier than normal which doesn't help.

Does it still work if you make a tea of it? She might like it better in her milk...

Awwww Fee is so cute!!! Can't wait to see her pups, the way we're going at the moment you'll probably still get yours before mine!! :-P

I have had several conversations with my Mia about keeping us all in suspense so long however she doesn't seem particularly interested. 63 days tomorrow so one can only hope we won't get to Monday and still have no puppies (I REALLY hope so because I have to go back to work on thursday evening!!) Mia is still sound asleep on the couch and shows no signs of moving any time soon...

Yarrowfell - OMG - how does she walk???

63 days tomorrow for us here too.

She wouldn't eat her dinner tonight which has never happened with her before, so thought we might have some action.

Nope. 15 minutes later she wandered out and scoffed the lot!

Very uncomfortable now, but resting peacefully nonetheless. :)

Oh BB how awful. :( It happens so fast. Another few seconds and my little boy would've been gone too. He was just horribly limp, and I thought he was crushed instead of breathless. It was only blind luck I happened to be standing next to the whelping box and realised.

Will keep it up with Fenugreek. She seems to be getting interested. She is preferring her food drier than normal which doesn't help.

Does it still work if you make a tea of it? She might like it better in her milk...

Try mixing it in with the milk. Maybe its the cav thing they will eat anything. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Heya jerojath got fingers crossed here too!! Had a slightly promising episode of digging around in the lounge room

Earlier this evening but alas she has been asleep for hours now. Has not touched food (other than a treat biscuit) or water all day so far but as I go to put her in her box 4 the night I'm sure she'll devour it all. Took her out for a pee earlier and she scared the living daylights out of me. She nicked off round the corner of the house where I couldn't see her with the torch from the steps - quickly ran around only to find her straining a bit - heart skipped a beat as I was trying to work out if there was a puppy on the way but she simply stopped and ran back around to the steps! Hindsight tells me it's rather unlikely to go from sleeping on the couch to pushing out a puppy but I'm starting to get paranoid!!

Heya jerojath got fingers crossed here too!! Had a slightly promising episode of digging around in the lounge room

Earlier this evening but alas she has been asleep for hours now. Has not touched food (other than a treat biscuit) or water all day so far but as I go to put her in her box 4 the night I'm sure she'll devour it all. Took her out for a pee earlier and she scared the living daylights out of me. She nicked off round the corner of the house where I couldn't see her with the torch from the steps - quickly ran around only to find her straining a bit - heart skipped a beat as I was trying to work out if there was a puppy on the way but she simply stopped and ran back around to the steps! Hindsight tells me it's rather unlikely to go from sleeping on the couch to pushing out a puppy but I'm starting to get paranoid!!

I think it's worth being a little paranoid.

I had a bitch a couple of years ago who showed no signs of an imminent whelping, who asked to go out for a pee first thing in the morning.

I let her out and tried to watch from the window (I wasn't even dressed!).

Next thing I know she is whining at the back door with something in her mouth. I only took a glance out the window, and assuming it was yet another bird, I went to take it off her.

She handed it over immediately but instead of it being a bird, it was a puppy! She had whelped it on the grass, on a very frosty wet morning.

The pup was none the worse for wear, and was the biggest pup in the litter, now in WA.

Still, after that little 'episode' I don't let them out of my sight!!!

Well we now only have 7 days to go :)

This girl had a litter in 2008, she was fast asleep next to me on the lounge and I just happen to look at her and throught what did you just do :confused: did you just push, so i sat with my eyes glud to her for a few mins and then yet she did it again pushed :eek: she was fast asleep did not move, but after she pushed for the thrid time it was :eek: up up off my lounge and into the box just in time for the pup to come out :rofl: so then she let me do all the work and went back to sleep for 2 more hours, then she pushed 6 more puppies out in under 3 hours. :laugh:

THEY'RE HERE!!!

Mia was having a lovely sleep on the couch last night and when my movie finished at midnight I went to put her into the whelping box and go to bed. No such luck! She chose then to start wandering around and whining at the door. So out came the spare mattress next to the whelping box where she joined me for a few hours. At about 4am she just kept getting up and trying to get outside. We went outside for one stint with torch and towel at the ready! She had a wee and then we came in where she proceeded to insist that she needed to go outside again - turns out at about 5:30AM she had a bit of a grunt and I yelled out to my OH to get out of bed. First pup a black and white girl at 6:03am, then had a mummified pup, then another black and white girl and another black and white girl!! At this point we figured the chances of any liver were pretty slim. She them popped out another very small black and white pup that was dead. At this point we were feeling pretty low as we'd lost two at some point but these things do happen I guess. After this she gave us a liver boy!! I'm thinking of keeping a liver girl so I was very excited for a moment! Next was a lovely big black girl followed by a liver girl (YAY!) and we finshed up with another black girl. So all in all a good mix. 6 girls and one boy though!

Now the challenge is keeping her in the whelping box with pups instead of wanting to be with us and working out who has had a feed and who hasnt'!! Any tips thoroughly appreciated - we're wanting to intervene as little as possible but also want to make sure everyone is getting fed!

She made very little fuss at all having the pups - a few soft grunts and some alomst invisible contractions and they would arrive. She wasn't sure what to do with them at first but seems to be getting the hang of it a bit better now!

Pics soon but Mia is having a bit of a snooze and I dont' want to interrupt and unsettle anything so will pop some up later.

:champagne: :champagne: :champagne: Hooray Jetpoint!! Congratulations on your litter. Sorry for the ones that didn't make it, but what a lovely range of colours you have!! And all those girls!! :cheer: :cheer:

Now we wait for those puglets to arrive... :D

HEYYYYYY JETPOINTTTTTTTTT CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally everytime i got a notification, was thinking shes had them... but at last she arrived, do you have puppy collars?? thats a good way to identify whos had a feed & who hasnt, just keep putting them on the nipple & for those that are a little slow just squeeze a little milk out they will soon smell it & start drinking...... go & have a snooze however you are probably running on adrenilin lol then it hits ya like a tonne of bricks,, hows mum doing???