Litters Due In July

Missymoo

Congratulations, 9 puppies for a Pug is a great effort, may all 8 survivors continue to thrive.

I love the way your girl lays on her back to allow them all access to feed, wish my girls would do that.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: Congratulations on your new additions Yarrowfell. Heres to them all continueing happy and healthy :thumbsup:

I slept in with Cynda last night for the first time. Wanted to try my bed out. I have a fold down sofa but it had a hard bit down the middle so I have put my sons mattress on top. Then I had to get some foam to put under one end as I kept falling off the dam thing :rofl: But overall I had a good nights sleep apart from Cynda's snoring :eek:

My son has been waiting for the moment I start sleeping in there as he gets to sleep in mums bed :laugh: If he had had his way, I would of been sleeping in there with Cynda weeks ago...

Willow had her xray and vet check today and we counted 11 skulls with the possibility of a couple under the ribs. We have 10 days to go and are very excited but worried as well (Willows first and possibly last litter). Any good advice would be helpful. My little 24kg girl is already at 32kg and is starting to get thin (visible backbone and slight sunk between hips) on heeps of food (double her usual food amount and on puppy food).

Underfoot - keep upping her food as much as she will eat. My girl had 9 puppies and gained about 10kg but as big as she was she was still thin. In the end she was eating nearly 4 times her normal food. A suggestion that was given to me was to give her puppy milk with her food - high calorie and easy for her to consume. 11 skulls- :eek:

OMG Yarrowfell!! What a GORGEOUS brood!!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats on such a smooth whelping for such a big 'un. Sorry about your lost one, but what a fantastic result!!

Underfoot it sounds like you have an impressive number heading your way!! We feed milk replacer to pregnant and lactating girls. It does work well. Friends of ours feed Divetelact or Biolac - as much as she will drink. I have a slightly cheaper option which seems to be giving fantastic results (and I heard about it here - hooray for DOL!) it's Palastart lamb and kid milk.

Made up warm, milk might entice her to squeeze a bit more nutrition in, and it digests quickly so she will eat again soon.

After whelping as we had a slow start to milk I have made it up with Fenugreek tea which has been fantastic. Even when she doesn't want food she drinks it, she is now feeding all 12 bubs easily and maintaining her own body weight.

I was warned that there have been alot of big litters being whelped this year. 11, holy cow :eek:

I do not think Cynda has got as many as her first litter which was 7. She is quite fat around the shoulders and neck, and her belly is not quite as big as the same time with her last litter. So I am thinking 4-5, but only time will tell. She is still eating, but smaller amounts and more times a day. And yes, still hand feeding her. I put her bowl down in front of her, and I get the look of, ' Yea well c'mon, start feeding me' :rofl:

Congratulations Yarrowfell all I can say is WOW :eek:

Well i think I am next in line for puppies to arrive day 60 today.

Wish they could give us a day and timeto be ready :laugh:

Gee wouldnt it be great if they could warn us and say "how does tomorrow at 10 am sound?" giggle giggle

Hi Guys,

Can't wait to see those puppies Marinapoint and zzztop! Ours are going in for dewclaws today, they are looking so well and putting on lots of weight too which is good. Even the little boy almost reached 400g last night :thumbsup: . Poor Mia is a bit thin but she's got all the food in the world that she wants. Mixed some of her regular food up today with some egg and her vitamin powder and she gobbled that down and have some plain rice for her for later. Trying everything to keep weight on her! She's not a hugely solid girl at the best of times but we'll just make sure she's got food if she wants it I guess.

Yarrowfell, I wish Mia would roll over on her back like that, it's so cute and soooooo convenient! Hope they're all doing well for you. I haven't seen any cav or vizsla pics lately but I hope they're all coming along nicely too!

Yarrowfell, I wish Mia would roll over on her back like that, it's so cute and soooooo convenient! Hope they're all doing well for you.

We lost little white girl at 4am :(

On a more positive note Green girl was 90gram born and is now 129grams :)

Sorry Yarrowfell for the little one you lost :rainbowbridge: Little one.

And go green girl....

We are nearly 7weeks (i think)here. I heard little heatbeats today with the doppler :happydance: Oh it was wicked. I heard at least 3, possible more. WIll hopefully be able to hear them alot better in a few days or so..But it was inreal. You can hear them alot earlier than with a normal stethoscope which I have also but went all out this time,hehe

Even the little boy almost reached 400g last night :thumbsup: .

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

We lost little white girl at 4am :(

On a more positive note Green girl was 90gram born and is now 129grams :)

So sorry to hear that you lost little white girl :( RIP little angel :rainbowbridge:

Nice weight gain for green girl! :thumbsup:

Feonix at 7 weeks :)

7-weeks1.jpg

Allerzeit, Feonix looks lovely and yes, has filled out quite alot from last pic.

Cynda is starting to look more pregnant now. Getting the puppy belly which seems to be getting bigger each day too. Seeing as though it is raining and quite cold, I decided to cook up some hearts, mince, eggs, and mixed it all in with some gravy. Kimba and Ody thought they were in heaven, but Miss CYndalu, just turned her nose up at it yet again. So same old BARF for her. Ypou would think she would of liked the change :mad WIll take some more photos of her tomorrow.. :)